• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite iphone aps?

bamamom

DIS Veteran
I was a droid user and today I upgraded to the iphone 5 ...DH, DS, DD all have iphones. Im getting an ipad so I decided to go with the phone to go with it ;)
Just wondering what are some of your favorite aps?

This is going to take some getting use to...but getting news aps is always fun :thumbsup2

Thanks!!

I was a droid user and today I upgraded to the iphone 5 ...DH, DS, DD all have iphones. Im getting an ipad so I decided to go with the phone to go with it ;)
Just wondering what are some of your favorite aps?

This is going to take some getting use to...but getting news aps is always fun :thumbsup2

Thanks!!

my favorites:
The DIS
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Words with Friends
Scramble with Friends
Four Pictures One Word
Yelp
Pandora
Free Cell

Just to add a couple to what was already posted, I enjoy:

My Disney Experience
Disneyland Explorer (my 4 y/o son loves to play around with this)
Candy Crush
Diamond Dash
The Sims Freeplay
Tripadvisor
Sorcerer Radio (all disney music, all day long)

Bingo Bash
Apps Gone Free
The Chive
Damn You Auto Correct
My Fitness Pal
Map My Run
Retail Me Not
The Weather Channel
AccuWeather
Pill Reminder

On the iPad, any of the G5 games where you search for objects. I really love those!

I love Target Cartwheel. I also use GasBuddy pretty often, especially when we're traveling. I use a lot of the ones already listed, as well, like Weather Channel, Candy Crush, WWF, etc.

Plants vs Zombies 2
Simpsons Tapped Out
My Fitness Pal
Facebook
My Disney Experience
Mousetrips
Southwest

Not really playing a lot of games, but here are my most frequently used apps.

I love CardStar. You just take all your loyalty cards for supermarkets, IKEA, etc and scan them and it stores them all! You pull the card up on your app and they scan it off your phone! This made my wallet so much lighter!:thumbsup2

Gasbuddy, around me, accuweather, mapquest, most of the 'with friends', disboards, wdw radio, pandora, cnn, google (hate safari!!), still shot and photo in word (fantastic photo apps!!), temple run 2, plants v zombies 2, youtube, Netflix and hulu if you have subscriptions, smartglass if you have an xbox (controls xbox from phone, i love it, my kids hate it), espn and facebook. Those are my favorites right now

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Bingo Bash

Pill Reminder

On the iPad, any of the G5 games where you search for objects. I really love those!
I'm going to look into this app. Sounds like it might come in handy

I love CardStar. You just take all your loyalty cards for supermarkets, IKEA, etc and scan them and it stores them all! You pull the card up on your app and they scan it off your phone! This made my wallet so much lighter!:thumbsup2
Gonna check this one out too!.

My favorite apps are

cozi calendar/journal/notes/shopping list. Love it cause it also goes to Dh's phone too. You can have it for the family

accu weather

Facebook- was great but I ended up deactivating my acct.

candy crush- but i stopped playing when I deactivated my FB acct.

OK, for the Budget Minded:
ShopSavvy - Free app, scan a barcode and get the local prices of a product.
Amazon - Free app, also can scan a barcode and see amazon's price.
Productivity Apps:
Genius Scan: Free app, I originally used this to keep color copies of Business Cards, but it's much more. I also have imporant items like Auto Ins Card, Registation, newspaper clippins. AND, you can use as a scanner and e-mail/fax documents right from your phone. Really slick!
AutoCAD 360 - Free App, GREAT for field work, access AutoCAD Drawings. Can't believe this is FREE!
Disney:
WDW Lines - Free App, Additonal Charge for Membership.
DME - Disney's Magical Experience - Free App, must have for Magic Band and FP+
FINAL ONE:
Apps Gone Free - This app will tell you each day, around noon, of Apps that are Free to download that day only. Usually a list of 8-12 apps each day. You can look them over, and try them out. If you don't like them, at least you haven't paid anything for them.

Try Coupon Sherpa - it has just about every online coupon for stores in one place. I also LOVE my Nike Run app. Good Luck with the new phone

With the new season of television beginning, I'm getting a lot of use out of TV Forecast. You can put in all your favorite TV shows and it reminds you when new episodes air. There's a corresponding widget for Mac OS that I've been using for years.

Viggle, Shopkick, ReceiptHog, and FreeMyApps (not an app store app, it's a "web app") are all Earn-Points-For-Rewards type services that I like to use. I also have a shortcut to Swagbucks search, and the Swagbucks video app.

If your bank, credit card companies, mobile phone company, health insurance, cable company, electric company, etc have apps, grab those. I use mine all the time for that kind of stuff. Also, if you use public transit with any frequency, see if your service has an app.

The app store has top paid and top free lists in each category. I recommend checking those out and seeing what appeals to you.

I've got:
facebook
Netflix
youtube
my fitness pal
nook
kindle
the DIS
Monsters Inc game
Turbo game
goodreads
instagram

Hippo LITE - We have a laptop hooked up to our TV so my husband got an app that turns his iphone into a wireless keyboard

Flashlight - Great flashlight, compass, and SOS

Montezuma Puzzle - Game

Hipstamatic - my favorite photo app

AceBudget - use everyday. keeps track of my expenses. makes me spend less.

Shazam - don't know the song playing on the radio? shazam it!

eNote - favorite way to take notes on my phone

Netflix

IncrediBooth - photobooth style app, a lot of fun!

Photosync - importing my pics from my phone to computer (& vice versa) is very easy with this

Pic Stitch - make collages of your photos

Memories HD - disney app for photos!

Converter+ - know how much to tip someone + other stuff

WDW Dining - find menus and info on each disney restaurant @ wdw

Flashlight

Disney Gift - keep track of your disney giftcards

Disney World Experience

Sky Burger, Valet Hero, I say Free = all fun games

I like my bank's app....you can take a picture of checks to deposit, transfer money or pay bills when away. Others I use regularly are Nike+ running, TripAssist, & Amazon. Fantastical is a great calendar app. MyDays for keeping track of female things.

Lifehacker.com/dealhacker lists various apps each day for iphone and Android that are on sale or free for the day. You can find interesting things there that you didn't even know you needed.

I like my bank's app....you can take a picture of checks to deposit, transfer money or pay bills when away. Others I use regularly are Nike+ running, TripAssist, & Amazon. Fantastical is a great calendar app. MyDays for keeping track of female things.

Lifehacker.com/dealhacker lists various apps each day for iphone and Android that are on sale or free for the day. You can find interesting things there that you didn't even know you needed.

:thumbsup2

Some of my favorites:

Groupon- but I spend too much money with the ease of seeing all the deals!

Valpak/town money saver- have local coupons

Kroger- download coupons straight to my plus card

On The Grill- it's a free app by Weber and is full of neat recipes, mostly on the grill

Candy Crush- free game

Walgreens- I can refill all my prescriptions from my app now!

Shazam- it's a free dog recognition app for when you like a song on the radio but you don't know what it is :)

And a flashlight app- I constantly use this when I drop things in the dark!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter