• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Hotels within Walking Distance

I stay at the Candy Cane Inn. It's about a 10 minute walk to the parks. They offer free continental breakfast, free parking, and a free shuttle service to and from the parks.
Agree with this -- CCI is one of our favorites in the DLR area. Always the Premium Rooms (makes a big difference!), but I've heard that the Deluxe Rooms are good, too. Great customer service, Clean!, generous continental breakfast, nice pool area (small, but very clean), private shuttle that runs on time with friendly drivers, about an 8-10 minute walk to the Harbor bag check (same side of the street as the parks), free parking, etc. Various discounts offered, so be sure to check/ask to see if you qualify for something.

Agree with this -- CCI is one of our favorites in the DLR area. Always the Premium Rooms (makes a big difference!), but I've heard that the Deluxe Rooms are good, too. Great customer service, Clean!, generous continental breakfast, nice pool area (small, but very clean), private shuttle that runs on time with friendly drivers, about an 8-10 minute walk to the Harbor bag check (same side of the street as the parks), free parking, etc. Various discounts offered, so be sure to check/ask to see if you qualify for something.
What kind of things do they offer in the breakfast? I’d preferably like someplace that does hot items like scrambled eggs, waffles etc as my toddler is picky.

I've stayed at the BW Anaheim Inn 3 times and I've had a great stay every time. The staff are excellent, the rooms are comfortable, even if the decor is in need of an uplift, but the housekeeping is actually better than at a WDW resort and I always enjoy the free breakfast, especially sitting on the balcony outside and being able to actually see the entrance of the parks. I don't know if I've just been lucky or are they being thoughtful because I am an older single traveler, but, my room locations have been superb. Anyhow, I cannot recommend it enough

I’ve only been out that way once but we stayed at Hyatt House. We went Sept 2019 and stayed 5 nights. If and when we go back I would most likely stay again. The walk averaged about 13 minutes or so depending on if you made the lights.
It was just me and my husband so the walk wasn’t bad but if I had small kids I think it would be hard at the end of the day walking back. Any other questions about the hotel please ask me.

We usually stay at the Park Vue Inn. It is right across the street from the entrance to Disneyland. They have some rooms with three queens and a small kitchen. Free breakfast as well, although it is not as good as it used to be. They stopped serving most hot items but you can still make your own waffles.

I stayed at Park Vue Inn on our last trip and liked it. The location can't be beat and we got a room with bunk beds so the kids didn't have to share. I think they have free breakfast but we never went. I also love the Hojo - especially when the kids were little and it was warm enough to use the water playground. We'd arrive a day early and spend the afternoon/evening letting them play. I love their staff, too. Very friendly and helpful. The ART used to make a stop there, it may still, but we usually just walked. I've stayed at Candy Cane Inn many times. The dedicated shuttle is nice, but it's also walkable.

I've stayed at Hyatt House and really enjoyed it. The beds were SO comfortable and even if you get a non-suite room they are fairly spacious. The free breakfast is extensive and actually pretty good for hotel breakfast standards. We loved being able to pop into Walgreens for water, wine/beer, and other snacks. The Blaze pizza is also really good. The walk wasn't bad for us, but it was just DH and I. We averaged about 10-12 minutes.

I like Hotel Indigo in that area too. That property is usually a bit cheaper and has free parking (though no free breakfast). Although it is a refurbished hotel, not completely new like Hyatt House. The staff is so nice! I also like that the rooms are laminate there, it feels less dirty.

If we want super close, no frills, we like Best Western Park Place Inn. DH doesn't like the breakfast there since the room its served in is somewhat small, and the food is medicore. We usually skip it in lieu of a protein bar, banana, and cold brew coffee in the room while we get ready (usually aquired at the Walgreens or CVS the night before). The location can't be beat! You literally just walk out of the hotel and you're at the pedestrian crosswalk to DLR.

Last edited:
The Disneyland hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the entrance to the parks as well if I am remembering correctly right?
I'd say its a bit less than 10 minutes. Maybe 7-8? It's all through DtD though, so maybe I'm just entertained by looking at all the store fronts :-)

Grand Legacy at the Park is right across the street, no need for a shuttle. They have 2 and 3 room suites, in the “livingroom” area is a dining table and chairs, mini fridge and microwave. They have jimboys tacos, pizzatarian and bobatopia in the lobby level, affordable options so you dont have to cook! They give each guest a bag in the morning with water bottle, fruit, yogurt drink, and cheese & cracker pack. If you sign up for emails they always have sales of some kind happening! They also have a good earlybird sale if you are planning for later this year or into 2021. We are staying there next week, I will be posting some pics and review! Last christmas we stayed at tropicana while the kids and grand kids stayed in The courtyard by marriot, the rooms were nice but the walk is too long for us now, we much prefer being closer and not dealing with shuttles or buses.

Last edited:
My son is 2.5 now and we won't be going until the end of this year or 2021 he is very energetic but I have chronic pain and my mom is disabled. It looks like Hyatt House and Residence in are about 10 minute walks to the guest drop off location in front of the parks.

I have not had the best experience the last few times I stayed at BW :( Used to love them. I'd stay at the GC if I had the money LOL
We had a bad experience at bwppi too :( I also have chronic pain from osteoarthritis and from my cancer treatment, so an easy walk is priority for us now too! 20 years ago we stayed at hojos all the time, but the last time we did it the walk just about killed me and the art bus was horrible!!

What kind of things do they offer in the breakfast? I’d preferably like someplace that does hot items like scrambled eggs, waffles etc as my toddler is picky.
It is a very generous continental breakfast, so no waffles or scrambled eggs. We bring our own hot items, e.g. breakfast burritos and breakfast sandwiches, to microwave so we can supplement what is offered.

I personally like either the Fairfield Inn or Courtyard Themepark entrance. Courtyard is nicer (they have bunks for the kids!) with a fun water park style pool that is perfect for smaller children. The only downside to Courtyard is the price can get a little steep at times. It is an easy 5 minute walk to the parks.

The Fairfield Inn is also a 5 minute walk, but it just has a regular pool and rooms seem a little smaller than the Courtyard. Still very clean, comfortable, and very friendly staff. This is my go to hotel since I can usually find good rates here. McDonalds and Panera are basically in the parking lot so that helps get an easy breakfast or quick snack with the kids.

I agree with you, and we stay at the Fairfield Inn because the pricing is better. I like the mobile order pick up at the Panera. It gets busy in the Panera store lines the morning so I use the Panera mobile order app, pick up breakfast and bring it back to the room for everybody. 🥐🥯☕☕

We stayed at the desert inn and suites also. We had one that sleeps 6. 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room and there was a door that shut. There was a mini fridge and coffee pot( I think) I cant remember if there was a microwave though. Plus a TV in each room. They had free breakfast daily. Cereal, breads, danishes, boiled eggs, fruit etc. but the best thing was how close it was to the entrance. Basically right across the street from DL. We never used the pool or hot tub but it seemed pretty busy in the evenings. Nothing fancy but the price was right and it was close enough that my elderly parents could come back for naps in the afternoons.

I've stayed at Hyatt House and really enjoyed it. The beds were SO comfortable and even if you get a non-suite room they are fairly spacious. The free breakfast is extensive and actually pretty good for hotel breakfast standards. We loved being able to pop into Walgreens for water, wine/beer, and other snacks. The Blaze pizza is also really good. The walk wasn't bad for us, but it was just DH and I. We averaged about 10-12 minutes.

I like Hotel Indigo in that area too. That property is usually a bit cheaper and has free parking (though no free breakfast). Although it is a refurbished hotel, not completely new like Hyatt House. The staff is so nice! I also like that the rooms are laminate there, it feels less dirty.

If we want super close, no frills, we like Best Western Park Place Inn. DH doesn't like the breakfast there since the room its served in is somewhat small, and the food is medicore. We usually skip it in lieu of a protein bar, banana, and cold brew coffee in the room while we get ready (usually aquired at the Walgreens or CVS the night before). The location can't be beat! You literally just walk out of the hotel and you're at the pedestrian crosswalk to DLR.
Thank you for the info on Hyatt house, we’re there in 19 days for the first time.

I've been to the courtyard theme park entrance and the residence Inn. At the end of a long day the courtyard is much closer. But it is quite the walk to even get to the street! It can be pricey though. I can only stay there when I use points.
Does the courtyard have kitchens and full breakfast?

We stayed at BWPPI this past February and it was amazing - we couldn't have been happier! We went over Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend and for 5 nights it came to $1100 for 2 adults. The rooms were recently remodeled, but I wouldn't call it a modern/sleek design by any means. We were in a King "suite" which came with a pull out couch. The proximity to the parks could not be beat. There was one day we were roping dropping for Rise of the Resistance. I realized I left something in the room. My fiance was able to run back to the room and meet me back in line before they started letting people in the park.

Two years ago we stayed at Residence Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove - this was much further away and we had to take uber/lyft to and from the parks. We could have probably made the walk if we wanted to, but it would have been 20+ min probably. But, we did love the accommodations there much more than BWPPI. We loved having the full kitchen and the HUGE included breakfast. We made waffles with nutella every morning before going to the park. The pool there was also super nice, but we forgot out swimsuits! It was also right across from the Target, so we were able to go over and pick up some things like snacks or medicine we forgot to pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter