• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Hollywood Studios Restaurant

Melissa07090

Earning My Ears
I am a few days away from booking my ADR for Hollywood Studios and wanted to get an idea of what people would recommend. We at first thought of doing a Fantasmic package but I have heard mixed reviews on those restaurants. I was wondering whether it is worth it to do that or whether the other restaurants that are more unique like 50s prime time and sci fi diner are better because of their interesting atmosphere. Given the time of year I wasn't sure whether Fantasmic would be booked, especially with Halloween also going on the same night at MK so any thoughts on a place to eat at Hollywood Studios?

Prime Time and Sci- Fi are a blast but if you are planning on doing the Fantasmic package (highly reccomend if you plan to see the show) then you are stuck with those restaurants instead. Of course if youa re there all day you can do both! :cool1:

It really depends on what you're looking for because comparing Brown Derby to something like 50s Prime Time is really hard.

We found our dinner at Brown Derby last year to be good but overpriced.

We have had dinner three times at Mama Melrose and liked it each time. We're trying lunch there in August.

We have had dinner and lunch at 50s Prime Time. Dinner was better, but both were fun.

I love Sci Fi for lunch...and Brown Derby for dinner.

definatly prime time for my family. we had a blast there in april and will make sure it's on our list from now on.

Prime Time!! We ate there on our last trip this month and loved it. The portions are huge and the desserts are so delicous!! Also, try the PB&J shake it is to die for!!

Prime Time is great been here many of times . Good food and fun :thumbsup2 must do every trip :thumbsup2
Si-Fi been here many of times but won't go back for dinner any more. The food is horrible ever since they changed there menu. In my opinion & my entire family. And this was always a must do.

For Atmosphere: 50's Primetime
For Food: Brown Derby or Mama Melrose

But to be honest, we loved all 3 of these!

I would say Sci-Fi....I will try Mama Melrose with Fantasmic package in July:goodvibes

The Fantasmic package is not worth it. The seats are in the far right side of the seating and now you don't have a seperate entrance, you enter with everyone else and they only hold the seats till 30 minutes b4 show time, so if you don't get there, you don't have a seat since they are then open to everyone.

Sci-Fi for lunch, burgers, onion rings and shakes are our favorite and the atmosphere is second to none at Disney. This is a must for our family every trip.

50's prime time used to be a must, but no one in my family has wanted to go back our past 2 trips. It's cute but only if you get a good waitress that plays the part. We had a BAD experience the last time we went (but that can happen anywhere) and the past 2 times we went, our waitress was not in the mood to play, just blah.

I love 50's PTC - one of my favorites. I really enjoy the 50's theming of the restaurant and the food is pretty good - I always get the pot roast. :thumbsup2 Although there is no gaurantee, we've had pretty good luck getting servers who "play their roles" fairly well.

I'm voting for the Derb!
We love the Brown Derby...can't miss place for us...We love the Cobb Salad, the atmosphere, the pork tenderloin, the ahi tuna, the raspberry martini..... We just love it!:lovestruc

Another PTC fan here. In fact, next trip I hope to eat there twice, once for the pot roast, best meal at Disney, and once for the fried chicken. The Colonel would kill for that recipe.

Our traditional favorite has always been Mama Melrose. But we just tried Sci Fi for the first time and loved it. It's gonna be a close competition if we only have one DHS day next trip and have to decide one only one.

We are in the minority and didn't care for Prime Time.

Have never tried the other restaurants at DHS.

To me, the best restaraunt is the Brown Derby but it is also by far the most expensive.

Sci-Fi would be my second choice, mostly for the atmosphere

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter