Favorite gift card ideas

maslex

DIS Veteran
So Christmas Eve we're going to my brothers house. He's doing a Yankee Swap with a $10 limit..............

So instead of getting some stupid gag gift or one of those $10 gift packs from the Walmart Christmas aisle of shame lol, I'm just getting a couple gifts cards (one from me and one from my husband)

What are your favorite ones to receive?

So Christmas Eve we're going to my brothers house. He's doing a Yankee Swap with a $10 limit..............

So instead of getting some stupid gag gift or one of those $10 gift packs from the Walmart Christmas aisle of shame lol, I'm just getting a couple gifts cards (one from me and one from my husband)

What are your favorite ones to receive?
Honestly? The most universally useful ones are from Walmart/Target, a grocery store or a gas station. Anything more "interesting" runs the chance of it being for somewhere the person might not be shopping regularly. And $10 is not very much. In addition to having to make a special trip to that particular outlet, the recipient would almost definitely have to spend from their own resources to make use of it. I've got three $50 gift cards in my wallet right now for expensive restaurants. The amount just isn't enough; a meal for two will be over twice that or more. Since I've not really been up for the experience or the expense lately, they just sit there. I'll probably re-gift them. :upsidedow

I think it depends less on what I would like to receive vs the age group of those you are trading with. For example, if they are all adults vs a mix of children/adults makes a difference. Starbucks or a gas station gift card seems less useful to a young child. Gift cards that virtually anyone can use would include Walmart/local grocery stores/Amazon. For a range of individuals, I would tend to choose a gift card that has the widest appeal.

Honestly, for $10 I would do fast food.

What are local favorites? Here it would be Chic fil a, Arby's, Sonic, Subway, Zaxby's, McDonalds or Raising Cane's.

Even a fastfood meal can be $10 or more.

$10 would go further for fastfood than anything else

For $10….fast food (whatever is local), Panera, Starbucks/Dunkin’ (and I don’t even drink coffee) or Amazon. They would be the easiest to use without having to add much if any of my own $. Amazon I would just load the gift card and add to whatever I order next which is always something. Lol.

The limit of $10 makes it tough. Not everyone likes fast food. I’d probably go with a grocery store, drug store, or convenience store like 7-11. Or get five $2 scratch-off lottery tickets.

For an alternate idea what about scratch off lottery tickets depending on the cost such as 10 if they are $1, 2 if $5, or 1 if $10?
For gift cards - Fast food, Amazon, Target, or one like Visa or American Express you can use anywhere.

For an alternate idea what about scratch off lottery tickets depending on the cost such as 10 if they are $1, 2 if $5, or 1 if $10?
For gift cards - Fast food, Amazon, Target, or one like Visa or American Express you can use anywhere.
This! Fun!

I’d do somewhere that $10 is enough to get something like a coffee shop, Tea shop, Nothing But Bundt, Crumbl, Ice Cream shop. I’d also consider one of our local micro breweries. $10 would be enough for a beer.

if you don’t like that, then I guess Target. Not as exciting but everyone can find something there.

If the gift limit is $10, I don't see the problem with a gift card for that amount. The person using it could use the gift card and pay $$$ for any amount in excess of the $10.

Husband had a good idea if candy would be a hit....go to the dollar store and get a variety of $1 boxes of movie candy and put in a stocking or other dollar store container.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter