Favorite FE Gift

We have enjoyed all of our gifts.

Some of our favorites have included:
DCL binoculars
homemade magnets
mickey head sun catcher
beach ball for cc
pirate stuff--tattoos, eye patch, beads, etc.
candy
pens

We appreciate everything everyone gives us.

The ears are made out of some type of magnetic paper. I am actually going to PM the Dis'er that made them and ask or go to Michaels and take my ear with me and find out. I'll come back and let you know.

I'm back. Yes it is magnetic paper. She said it is about $1 a sheet and that you can get it at Walmart and office supply stores like Staples. There is also a thread on the Dis that has all types of patterns.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891&highlight=mickey+ears

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! These are sooo cute!!

Has anyone ever had a problem with people stealing things out of their fish extender?

I saw someone steal magnets from our door that were a FE gift. The really disturbing thing is that it was a woman about my age :sad2: I had to do a double take, like did I really just see that? She was embarrassed but said nothing and scooted off down the hall in a hurry.

Got off the Alaska Cruise this past month. Favorite FE gifts has to be those from the hometowns! We got stuff from Louisiana (i.e., pralines), Las Vegas (dice, keychains), Hawaii (bags, cookies), Florida (Key Lime Juice & more), Chicago (Cubs stuff, Jelly Bellys), Cincinnati (pens, etc.). Was a lot of fun to see regional stuff. Used it as a geography lesson for the kids. We are from the Central Valley in California--famous for agriculture. I gave adults almonds, dried fruit and a bottle (small!) of wine.

Ditto on the stuff from Oriental Trading Post. My kids are just too old for that--our cabin attendant took a lot of stuff that I didn't want to bring home.

(Funny note about our FE gifts--I made a mistake and put a wine package in the pocket of a five-year old girl! Realized my mistake and rushed back to their room. Fortunately, I was able to give the girl her goodie bag (much different from the parents!) before they realized what I had done. I had visions of being pointed out by all DISers as the bad person who was corrupting kids! :lmao:)

I saw someone steal magnets from our door that were a FE gift. The really disturbing thing is that it was a woman about my age :sad2: I had to do a double take, like did I really just see that? She was embarrassed but said nothing and scooted off down the hall in a hurry.

That is bizarre:sad2:
I always assume it is kids that steal the door magnets because I have a hard time imagining an adult who is capable of paying for a cruise vacation stealing.

So far we've been lucky and haven't lost any door magnets. I did start to put some FE magnets that were unique on the inside of my door just to play it safe. The magnets I leave on my door are usually ones I know I can replace or are so personalized that they are less likely to walk off.

Did this person run off with the magnet or leave it behind when they saw you?

My favorite FE gifts are the magnets:thumbsup2 and also the pens, candy, little bottles of alcohol and home-made gifts as well.

On two of my cruises we received a post card with a map of the cruise area and stamps from all the countries we visited (Panama Canal repo 2008 and Baltic 2010)-those were fantastic souveniers !!! But probably not for those on shorter cruises.

One fellow cruiser managed to find real pocket watches with a pirate theme. I think he got a very good deal on those and everyone loved them. The kids had to share as there was only one per cabin but they managed:goodvibes

Has anyone ever had a problem with people stealing things out of their fish extender?

Yes. My husband and I came back to our room after brunch at Palo and our FE was full. We waited until the kids came back from the club so they would be excited when they saw it and, when we returned, at least one of the bags of goodies was missing.

My favorite from last weeks cruise was a 4 inch decorated paintbrush! It was used for brushing the sand off our feet (and other places) at Castaway Cay. I had so many people comment on what a great idea it was, and it worked really well. I even brushed some kids off at the tram stop, and then had them standing in line!

We had lots of great gifts, and enjoyed them all. Find something that expresses your families personalities and you can't go wrong.

Great thread! First time cruiser and trying to figure out what to put in a FE. This has been wonderful to read since I'm not particularly crafty and have a jammed work schedule between now and our cruise in September.

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. <bump>

Gina

Our favorites:
Tote bag with our names and cruise-specific DIS logo
Good chocolate
Pad of paper with our cruise date and cruise-specific DIS logo.
Pirate night stuff - can never be too much pirate stuff! (glow sticks, tattoos)

Least favorite (although all are appreciated):
mouse pad (don't use them anymore)

Did this person run off with the magnet or leave it behind when they saw you?

She took it and walked off down the hall(she looked guilty & embarrassed but I don't think she realized it was MY door. I'm not sure how many magnets there were to begin with because they were left on the door instead of inside our FE and I didn't chase her down because I really didn't think it was worth a scene...makes you wonder how much stuff "swims" out of the FEs doesn't it.

Do you think I should have chased her down and tackled her from behind? I bet that would cure her sticky fingers:lmao:

My favorite from last weeks cruise was a 4 inch decorated paintbrush! It was used for brushing the sand off our feet (and other places) at Castaway Cay. I had so many people comment on what a great idea it was, and it worked really well. I even brushed some kids off at the tram stop, and then had them standing in line!

We had lots of great gifts, and enjoyed them all. Find something that expresses your families personalities and you can't go wrong.

What a brilliant idea!!! Great thread, subbing :)

She took it and walked off down the hall(she looked guilty & embarrassed but I don't think she realized it was MY door. I'm not sure how many magnets there were to begin with because they were left on the door instead of inside our FE and I didn't chase her down because I really didn't think it was worth a scene...makes you wonder how much stuff "swims" out of the FEs doesn't it.

Do you think I should have chased her down and tackled her from behind? I bet that would cure her sticky fingers:lmao:

Having heard of other people losing magnets and FE gifts to sticky fingers I have assumed that I don't necessarily receive everything I was suppose to:sad2: Part of the reason I empty the FE as soon as I return to the room and put the treats on the bed for the kids to find later.

I wouldn't have chased her down and tackled her from behind...but only because with my luck I'd hurt my back or something (not in the best of shape these days:rolleyes1).

I did just stare at a grown lady that was eating candy in a candy shop at Sea World without buying it first (i.e. shoplifting)...wishing later that I had done something...not a scene but just let the salesgirl know what was going on.

Now I'm trying to mentally prepare what I would say to someone if I caught them taking something from my FE or off my cabin door...

Maybe something like:

"You know the ship's camera's are great at catching theft and I would suggest putting that back NOW!!!"

Or "My friend left that for me please put it back" might be better...depends on my mood...
I have a year to practice tackling before my next cruise :goodvibes:cool1:

Hi Stinkerbe11!! I hope it wasn't the magnet that I made for you guys!! That stinks!!

Oh this is a good idea! Love to see a photo of it.

What a great idea! Can you post a picture?

This past cruise was our first doing the FE and it was so much fun! We got a ton of fun stuff, great personalized bookmarks, postcards, journal, magnets, etc. I really enjoyed everything! The regional stuff (candy from australia, etc.) was really awesome too! I got a lot of good ideas for FE gifts for our next cruise...whenever that may be!

:confused3my kiddo seemed to enjoy all the loot he received (including $ store & oriental trading stuff). When he would be 'over it' after several weeks back home, it'd be shared with friends or get bagged & be added to the next goodwill donation bag.

my personal fav FE gifts are magnets or the handmade scrapbooks (so many creative folks out there). i tend to try & personalize most of the magnets that i bring along to decorate my door, thus far they've stayed safe from pirates;). I'm honestly more concerned somebody will poach my FE.

Hi Stinkerbe11!! I hope it wasn't the magnet that I made for you guys!! That stinks!!

Me too! I know that you got your mug that I made for everyone, but I was worried that those would disappear. They barely fit into the FEs and it would have been easy for someone to grab one as they were walking by...I left one for each adult and I'd be willing to bet that not everyone got theirs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter