• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite excursions with toddlers/preschoolers - List them here!

vpalmer

DIS Veteran
I haven't found much specifically regarding toddlers and excursions from my searches, so I thought I would pose the question here.
What excursions have you taken toddlers or preschoolers on?

Did they enjoy it?

Did you enjoy it?

Would you do it again?

When we took our 7-night Western, we went on 2 excursions with our oldest DD (who was 2 at the time). On Grand Cayman, we booked with Capt. Marvin's directly and went to Stingray City. She LOVED it!!! She thought it was really neat to swim with the "fishies". At Cozumel, we booked with DCL for the Cozumel Beach Break. They drove us in buses to a pretty nice beach area. The beach was roped off for the cruise passengers and each person got a lounge chair and umbrella. They also had a nice pool and lunch buffet.

Depending on your child's feelings about bugs, you could go to the butterfly farm in St. Maarten. My kids both loved having them land on them but their friend didn't care for it at all & wanted to leave right away.

There also is a butterfly farm in Key West on the Western. When we did our first cruise in Jan 05, we had a 3 and 4 year old. We choose to stay on the boat since they LOVED the quieter Mickey Pool and we didn't think they would enjoy any excursions. When we go back in Nov 06 (they'll be 6 and 4), we'll probably do the butterfly farm and if we can get a good feel for how they'd react, we may actually do a dolphin excursion. I'm quite interested to see what else is posted on this thread!

You are very right about using the opportunity to stay on the ship so the kids can go in the pool. We didn't go on an excursion until the 3rd cruise because the kids were too young to enjoy them & just wanted to go in the Mickey pool anyway. :) They had the pool almost to themselves those port mornings. :)

Lisa-- does the picture of my 2 Mouseketeers look familiar !! :rolleyes1
Your avatar inspired that particular photo op on our first cruise! I absolutely love this picture! Thanks for the inspriation by the way...

In St. Maarten, we did the Under Two Flags tour with our 2.5 year old daughter. She did fine and just fell asleep in my arms when she got tired. I think she'd LOVE the butterfly farm now, and my "new" 2-year-old will do everything Big Sister does. Great thread! I'm curious to see what else comes up!

We just took the Eastern in April with DDs--3 and 5 and our infant son. The girls loved Coral World in St. Thomas. We went on our own. We took a taxi to a beach and spent the morning, had lunch, and then went to Coral World. In St. Maarten, we skipped the Butterfly Farm because we have one near our home and just went to a nearby beach. It was nearly deserted and the girls played and took walks and had such a great time. We left around 1:30 or so and took advantage of the ship in the afternoon. The pools were deserted so the girls swam in the Mickey and Goofy pools, had ice cream etc. We did everything on our own because the Disney excursions often offered an island tour etc. which they wouldn't have enjoyed. Good luck! We can't wait to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter