Favorite Eastern Excursions?

ACDSNY

Let the countdown begin!
What's your favorite St. Maarten and St. Thomas family excursions and why? We'll have six adults and three kids 5 - 8 yrs. old.

We went to to eastern Caribbean last summer with my 5 year old and she loved the Kon Tiki boat excursion in St Thomas. The crew was great and entertaining. On the way to the beach they give the history of st Thomas while opening the glass bottom boat....then we stopped at the beach for approx 90 minutes (i think...maybe a little longer)...there was a group of locals who sold BBQ food and snacks on the beach...made to order....their hamburgers were the best! and then we went back to the boat where the crew played the steel drums and played the limbo as well as the Macarena....it was a lot of fun!

We went to to eastern Caribbean last summer with my 5 year old and she loved the Kon Tiki boat excursion in St Thomas. The crew was great and entertaining. On the way to the beach they give the history of st Thomas while opening the glass bottom boat....then we stopped at the beach for approx 90 minutes (i think...maybe a little longer)...there was a group of locals who sold BBQ food and snacks on the beach...made to order....their hamburgers were the best! and then we went back to the boat where the crew played the steel drums and played the limbo as well as the Macarena....it was a lot of fun!

I was looking at this one too. I wasn't sure if the beach time was going to be long enough. These kids don't ever want to get out of the water.:rotfl:

Sept 7th and I plan on doing that excursion. On St Maarten I think we will just taxi on our own to Maho beach then a cabana on CC! Sounds like the whole family is going with you this time. Have you tried Remy yet? I am such a picky eater only white chicken and beef, potatoes & pasta and dessert of course. Do you think they would cater to me?

I have a hard enough time getting Dave to Palo so we haven't gone to Remy as it seems a little over what he'd like to eat. I hope you enjoy your cabana in CC.

We'll have a mix of DD, DSIL, niece, nephew, DH's cousin, his wife and their granddaughter. Nothing much is sounding good at St. Maarten so I might set up a private tour.

Turtle Cove and Honeymoon Beach Excursion -

Hi, we did this excursion on 6/30/12 Fantasy. We loved it. My husband and sons (13&16) spent more time snorkeling than I did. Due to winds and water we had to snorkel at another location. I felt it was a bit challenging since we had to swim fairly far to see a shipwreck (it was my issue though due to a recent surgery) but overall everyone enjoyed it. There was a wide range of ages and a couple of the younger kids stayed near the boat. After the snorkel we sailed to Honeymoon Beach. It was quiet and the barbecue was better than CC IMHO. We played and laid out on the beach for a couple of hours.

The best part is sailing on the Catamaran (although part of excursion group was assigned the pirate ship) and the punch served after snorkeling. We plan to do this or a version of this again.
:)

Oh! The St Martaan 12 metre race is the kids favorite on the Eastern. It isn't listed right now as an excursion(?), but it is a hands down favorite. Racing America's Cup sailboats. Fun for everyone!

Thanks, I love hearing what others thought of their excursions.

The racing one for St. Maarten sound interesting, my niece and nephew's grandfather races so they'd think that's fun.:thumbsup2

Oh! The St Martaan 12 metre race is the kids favorite on the Eastern. It isn't listed right now as an excursion(?), but it is a hands down favorite. Racing America's Cup sailboats. Fun for everyone!

Darn it's for 12 and up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter