• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Eastern Beaches??

Cruisingmama

Earning My Ears
Which beaches were your favorite to visit during the Eastern Intinerary?

Thank you for your input!!

I can't wait to go!!

Orient Point on St. Maarten. Be aware that it is clothing optional :eek:

we liked Coki Beach on St. Thomas, very easy swimming/loafing and Coral World was right there next door.

we just went to the beach right where the ship comes in to port at St. Maarten---what is the name of this?? I think it may have been Great Case? Not sure about that, though--and lots of islanders trying to sell things over and over and over.....

Gotta put in a second vote for Coki Beach on St Thomas!

Loved it!!:p

By far the most beautiful place I have ever been!

The Beach near the water taxi drop off in St Martin is Great Bay Beach. I love that beach too. I have been snorkeling at Trunk Bay. The beach was gorgeous, but we didn't see any fish (maybe 3 all afternoon...) This trip we are trying Coki Beach and Coral World on St Thomas.

For those who went to Trunk Bay, did you take Disney excursion? If so which one. Any info would be a great help. Thanks.

Woody

We did the five star snorkle and it was worth EVERY penny. Best excursion I have ever done.. although Stingray City was pretty close... One good thing about using Disney's excursion at that particular port was if you get back late on a disney sponcered trip they will not leave without you. The ship was leaving at 4:30 I believe and we literally did not get back to the pier until 4:25. It is a long boat ride to trunk bay. I would be nervous about not getting back in time. The folks on the leylond sneed (5star's ship) were great, very friendly and informative. It was DS's first time snorkleing (we can't keep him off of the reefs now) and they were super with him! I would highly recommend it. You drop anchor in a deserted cove, it reminded me of gilligans island or survivor (although everyone was dressed:eek: ) One of the best memories I have.

The Five Star Snorkel excursion was full when we went to sign up. :( So we ended up doing the Trunk Bay beach snorkel excursion. I have heard GREAT things from everyone that did the Five Star, I wish we could have got that one. Maybe there was just a weird current or something the day that we were at the beach, but I didn't see much. The beach is GORGEOUS though. :p I would book the Five Star prior to boarding if that is something you want to do, I think it sells out on a regular basis....:(

Where is Buck Island in relation to Trunk Bay? I can't find Buck Island on the maps for St. Thomas. We may consider this excursion instead of the one we are scheduled for. I too am nervous about missing the boat. Does anyone know if you leave the kids on the ship in the clubs and you are late getting back from a non Disney sponsored excursion, do they wait for you? Thanks

Steve

Buck Island is a small uninhabited island near the harbour where the Magic docks in St. Thomas. We did the Buck Island snorkel tour a couple of years ago and is was decent. The nice part is that you go on sailboats in small groups -around 8 or so if I recall. It is a nice ride to the island and back, around an hour each way. The seas were a bit choppy coming back which made the stomach turn a bit. The snorkeling was ok.

Trunk Bay is on the island of St. John. You have to take a ferry to the island and then a cab to the beach - or do the Disney excursion. I was there many years ago and recall it as being one of the most beautiful places I had ever seen. We are doing it on our own one week from today, so I am very anxious to see it again.

Orient Bay on St. Maarten (the non-nudist side, although we saw some semi-nude people walk by), and Cinnamon Bay on St. John's. It is near Trunk Bay. I loved Cinnamon Bay because they had facilities there, but seemed less crowded.

For our upcoming Eastern Cruise we have booked a 38' sailboat, the Jester while at St. Thomas.
We have it for the day (5 and possibly 6 of us) and all your food, drinks and snorkel equipment is included. You are taken to a couple of spots including St. John.
I have seen a couple of folks that took the half day sail with them on Cruise Critic board speak well of them but has anyone here used them. We are looking forward to it and apparently they take you close to a couple of great beaches/islands that are off the beaten path that are great...
Anyone else been???
Cheers,
Grumbo

MnParrothead - Do you recall how close Cinnamon Bay is to Trunk Bay? Would it be possible to visit both beaches? On the map, they look to be adjacent to each other. Can you walk down the beach from one to the other?

Although I've only been to Pinel Island on St. Maarten and Honeymoon Bay on St. John, I have to say, I loved them both. The sand was warm and soft, the water was so blue, and at Honeymoon Bay, the snorkeling was incredible. I wish I was still there.

: I want to thank everyone for all your suggestions on the beaches. I have been reading the passporter book on the Disney Cruise Line and the one for Walt Disney World. DD bought them for me and they are great. Way to go disney dreamer 1970

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter