• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite DVC resort?

ddoconnell

Tink's biggest fan
We are having a hard time deciding which DVC resort is our favorite,so we thought we'd put it out there and see what everyone else says. We put OKW, VWL and SSR as our top three.....how about you guys?

TIA
:surfweb:

We love to stay at OKW because of the tropical feel and the palm trees. The large rooms and patio are great and parking outside your door feels like home. We went to the BCV because my family loves Beaches and Cream and we all love visiting VWL just to sit in the foyer and enjoy the surroundings. The performers at BWV are fabulous. We enjoyed the new pool at SSR when we were there last week.

My home resort is always my favorite (BWV), although I do like trying others.

Our favorite so far is hands down Bay Lake! We just love everything about it: walk to MK, view of the Castle every day when you walk outside, no matter what your 'view' is, the great pool area and pool bar...ability to walk over to the Contemporary and use the shops and eat at the Contempo...oh, and the Top of the World lounge!!!

We have also stayed at SSR and OKW. We love both for different reasons, it would be hard to put one over the other. We're staying at AKV-Kidani for the first time in Aug., so stay tuned, I may have a new opinion!!

We are having a hard time deciding which DVC resort is our favorite,so we thought we'd put it out there and see what everyone else says. We put OKW, VWL and SSR as our top three.....how about you guys?

TIA

We own at OKW and VWL and we like staying at SSR. But also BCV. So I guess I'm with you on this one.

It depends. If we're going with a group of folks we prefer BWV due to all the action around the resort and easy access to EC and DS. If we want a laid back, quiet, trip the it's OKW every time.

Our current favorites, in order, are Aulani, Grand Cal and then Treehouse Villas.

Like RAD said, favorite really depends on why/when we're going. For a total kick-back, HHI. For a semi-kick-back coupled with some good food and occassionally the parks, OKW. For the F&W, all parks, mostly Epcot-BCV. And if I'm going solo, I love to combine BCV and AKV-BCV for the first several days when I do the parks and am always on the go, then AKV to relax and hang around enjoying the ambience.

My user name should be iloveokwvero&hh.....sure am glad DVC has many different resorts. What some of you love we would never stay at again...and visa versa...different strokes for different folks!

:banana:pirate::banana:

we are having a hard time deciding which dvc resort is our favorite,so we thought we'd put it out there and see what everyone else says. We put okw, vwl and ssr as our top three.....how about you guys?

Tia

bwv
blt
vwl

We have stayed at BCV, BWV, OKW, SSR, VWL, HH and AK before the Villas were built. I love them all for different reasons.

If I HAD to pick my top 3 I would go with:

1) BCV
2) BWV
3) VWL

I love the Boardwalk and Beach club because you can walk over to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

I chose VWL because I think it's the best place to stay during Christmas. The decorations and atmosphere are amazing.

Good luck choosing!

And this is the reason why DVC is so great. Each flavor (resort) has its own appeal and it is very difficult to pick a singular favorite especially when considering different times of the year.

I love BWV and BCV and OKW and SSR... each for a different reason. So glad I bought!!

Stephen

They are all great! Isn't this a nice problem to have? I guess if I had to decide, I'd go AKV,BLT,OKW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter