Favorite Disney vegetarian meal

I'd have to say the roasted eggplant timbale at California Grill... their menu changes frequently, so you can't necessarily count on it being there. My favorite regularly-scheduled veggie meal is the curried vegetables at the Rose and Crown (and I'm not big into curry normally, either.)

The Thai Noodle Bowl at Brown Derby in MGM. They usually have some version of this on the menu, often with some sort of tofu, last time is was grilled coconut tofu, really good.

My favorite meal was at Jiko, at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If you haven't already picked it up, you should get "Vegetarian Walt Disney World and Greater Orlando." It's a good reference book.

Anyway, I took the authors' advice, and I called Jiko to tell them in advance that I was a vegetarian. The chef personally called me two days later, and then emailed me a couple of dining options. I ended up getting something called, "Journey Through Africa," and the chef even came to our table to meet us and talk about the food. It was a great experience.

(Note - Jiko has a lot of vegetarian options on the menu. You don't need to call in advance, but it led to a really neat experience.)

A little less high-end, but I like the 1/2 hummus sandwich with bowl of veggie chili at Columbia Harbor House a lot.

I'll also add a vote for the tofu Thai Noodle Bowl at Brown Derby. I *hate* tofu, but I really liked this dish. There was also a penne dish at Mama Melrose's that was delish.

As an ex-vegetarian and ex-vegan, I have to agree that for CS, the hummus sandwich and veggie chili from Columbia Harbor House was wonderful AND now that I am a meat eater, it was a nice break from the meat meals at WDW. I'd have to say for a TS meal, BOMA would be my favorite. Not only are there plenty of vegetarian/vegan foods on the buffet...The chef will (with advance notice) make special foods for you also.

pezpam said:
A little less high-end, but I like the 1/2 hummus sandwich with bowl of veggie chili at Columbia Harbor House a lot.
That's what I was gonna say! The pumpkin ravioli at California Grill was good for sit down restaurant too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter