Favorite Disney Travel Guides

PrincessNana

PrincessNana
When planning our trips to Walt Disney World and Fort Wilderness I find alot of invaluable information in my favorite Disney Travel Guides. I use them in addition to all the information I get off these boards to help plan a fun trip with hopefully no family meltdowns. What are your favorite Disney guides ? The ones that work best for us are Birnbaums Walt Disney World Guide and Walt Disney World with Kids by Kim Wright Wiley and I usually buy new ones every couple of years. What are your favorites?

I have never used one find them a waste of money. There are too many free ways to get the same info

I've checked out Disney with kids from the local lib. and really like it. However I usually spend my money on the passporter. It serves as both a guide and scrapbook for me. I think their info is very up-to-date.

Many years ago, we bought "Birnbaums" a couple years inna row.
I found Birnbaums to be a great help, however, ya only need to buy it once, cause after you read one, it's pretty much just a matter of up dating the same as last years "Birnbaums".(just my opinion)
However, I agree with "stillh2o" ,,there is a whole bunch'a free info out there, :thumbsup2

There is alot of great information on the web, as long as you know what you want to look for. I still find written guides a good way to start planning a vacation and then I follow up with an internet search on the things that my family will enjoy. I guess I'm just old fashioned, but I still like to hold a book in my hands and turn the pages.

I've checked out Disney with kids from the local lib. and really like it. However I usually spend my money on the passporter. It serves as both a guide and scrapbook for me. I think their info is very up-to-date.

I agree! :thumbsup2 i really like the Passporter! Lots of really good information updated every year.

I believe an arm of Disney (in the publishing world) bought Birnbaum's Disney guide. So it's really a mouthpiece for the company.

I still refer to the Unofficial Guide at my local library and their website.

The best advice is still:

1. go in the off-season.

2. show up early at the parks.

3. don't expect to do everything.

4. enjoy the experience.

I agree that there are multiple good on-line sources for this same information (primarily here on the DIS). But there are always new folk coming on-line and finding this out. So there is no such thing as too much information.

Bama ED

In addition to Birnbaum, I really like the Unofficial Guide by Sehlinger and Testa. It is not an easy read like Birnbaum but its packed with information and has a very supportive website which offers sample itineraries. I also like Tour Guide Mike referenced here on DIS which is more of an online reference tool.

Hope this helps.
Dawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter