Favorite Disney Recipe You Make at Home?

CuteAndFluffy

DIS Veteran
With the Super Bowl and a couple of birthday parties coming up before our April trip, I have been thinking of making some Disney inspired dishes. What have you tried that you really like?

I've tried:
--Flame Tree BBQ sauce (love it, use it all the time, make huge batches & freeze)
--Twinkie Tiramisu (HUGE hit)
--Boma Butternut Squash soup (the sweet version, it was only OK)
--Boma Mulligatawny (must have done something wrong, nothing like the original)

Things we especially like aren't necessarily what I think of as Super Bowl or B'day party foods, but we love them...

Boma Flank Steak Marinade (only way we make steaks now)
WL Strawberry Banana Bread
WL Blueberry STuffed French Toast
Boma Frunch
Boma Durban Spiced Chicken Salad
Boma Cured Pork Loin with Coconut Curry Sauce
WL Rib Rub
Boma Peanut Butter Rice
Boma Nut Crusted Mahi-Mahi (used on cod, haddock...any thick, firm fish)
Crisp Rice Sushi (from Contemporary)
Nine Dragons' Kang Bao Chicken
Cape May's Broccoli Cranberry Salad

We love the Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup. Not exactly a finger food but I'll bet that it would be good during the game.

Nine Dragons Honey Sesame Chicken
Crystal Palace's Puffed French Toast
So many more but I can't think of them right now :rotfl:

Two hits I've made are puffy French toast from Crystal Palace and Macaroni and Cheese (from Artist Pointe??). The Mac&Cheese had bleu cheese crumbled on top which gave it a mild kick -- so I'm not entirely sure if kids would like it, but my husband and I did.

After our visit to the world in October, I've spent this winter trying to perfect the French Onion Soup from Chefs de France. I think I finally got it, after eight batches. They were all good, but trying to make our eyes roll back like in the restaurant took a while. Apparently my beef stock needed work.

Nine Dragons Honey Sesame Chicken is one of my family's favorites! We don't make it often, but it is so good.

Actually, I stand corrected...I can't find the Puffed French Toast recipe from Crystal Palace in the index, but I have it so I'll post it here.

The one for the French Onion Soup at Chefs de France is listed as "Soupe a L'Oignon Gratinee (Baked Onion Soup)". We try to use the actual name listed on the menu when possible...even though that's not what people actually call it. LOL It can get confusing at times.

PUFFED FRENCH TOAST
from The Crystal Palace

2 whole eggs
2½ Tbl sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 c milk
1 c flour
2½ tsp baking powder
12 slices Texas style toast, cut in half diagonally
cinnamon sugar mix (4 tsp. cinnamon + 3/4 c. granulated sugar)

Mix eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, and milk until blended. Slowly add flour and baking powder; mix until smooth. Dip bread in batter. Fry in hot skillet with 1" oil until browned. Drain on paper towels; roll in sugar mix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter