• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite DIS Unplugged Moments of 2013

WebmasterShaun

Mouseketeer
What was your favorite DIS Unplugged moment of 2013? We're putting together a list of the top ones so either let us know in this thread, on Facebook or Twitter, or just send us an email at podcast@disunplugged.com.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

1502732_631122886948041_1736843827_o.png

So hard to choose... but these would be at the top of the list for me:

-Drink Around the World segment from Swan/Dolphin (escalator races!)

-Shaun and Craig's AllStar Music segment ("Bey-on-Ce!" "Meat. Loaf.")

-"I'm kind of a story teller" (Craig's deadpan in general, but that was my favorite quote of the year.)

-"Soup kitchen Thanksgiving" (the LTT review)

-Overlooked Animal Kingdom segments

And of course, all of the live podcasts from DIS meets around the country... especially the ones I was able to attend :thumbsup2

THANK YOU ALL for entertaining us all year long -- you are the best! :dance3:

For me it any podcasts jack burgin is on hopefully he gets a in studio segment in 2014. of course he have to wear his chip and dale tie hat and jacket he has.

Even the shows Tom bell used him to get big ratings that my be the best burgin segment. And didn't pay him or give him access to his free Mickey bar lounge in dl.

Drinks Around the World for sure!

And I don't think this counts as a "moment" but I love the ladies only shows!

I liked the segment by the Frump Style girl! But I agree with a PP about Craig's "I'm kind of a story teller". HILARIOUS!

My favorite Podcast had to be when you guys got some Kopi Luwak Coffee and no one was really sure if they should try it or not.

Thanks again for all you do each and every week. Looking forward to 2014.

When John hosted (Food & Wine review I think?) and said the date was in the year 2009.

Pete's rant about Starbucks.. Then.. .. The incriminating picture that was posted of Pete walking out of an airport Starbucks with cup in hand.

Drinks Around The World was quite funny ... but the #1 moment had to be when Pete was back doing the show. The whole cast is great, but the way Pete drives the program, with his willingness to "rant", his quick wit and his genuiness, brings a really great element and it was quite a relief when he was back in front of the mic.

The overlooked Animal Kingdom shows. They totally changed my view of the park. I can't wait to go back there now! Dustin and Holly did a fantastic job!

There are so many!
I actually really like the show that scotty too hotty (I'm probably getting that wrong) was on. You could tell he was relaxed and comfortable. Also, Jess' college experience. She is incredibly talented at story telling and describing her experiences. It was nice to go back and remember some of my college program.

Thanks for all you guys do!

Celebrating Pete's 49th Birthday with a fabulous party thrown by John; chatting with the DIS-crew; back-to-back-to-back rides on Toy Story Mania without getting out of the car; and of course the live Podcast recording... a perfect weekend with our DIS family.

Jess's CP episode single handedly helped me talk my SIL into applying for CP. A close second are the Aulani and Alaskan Cruise episodes. My dream since I was a little kid is to go to Hawaii (my mom was a serious Elvis fan and Blue Hawaii was regular viewing), but I never wanted to go to Alaska until I heard that show. Now I'm obsessed.

There were so many good shows this year don't know if I could pick just one. I loved the 7 in 7 first off. Next would be the Disneyland aulani and disney cruise line shows because I've never done any of those things and would seriously live to. Of course the famous Pete Werner rants are up there and the CP Jess show. Thanks for a fabulous year of shows and hope next years are even better!

My highlights include the Halloween wigs, the resort 7 in 7 especially the boys cooking at the campground and the overlooked AK areas.

I posted on the twitter thread but I'll mention it here too. My favorite was the coverage of Aulani/Alaska/Disneyland and especially the video put together by the gents. I've never been to any of the 3 so this coverage was most interesting for me and I felt like I was there in some respects.

In general, I think the video content and "live" aspect has added a great deal to the show over the past year and I truly appreciate all of the hard work and extraordinary efforts that you all put forward. Emailing me to watch fireworks live or parts of D23? Who does that other than the DIS team? Just awesome.
-Kim Borcoman

Always Pete rants and the fact the Pete always messes up Dustin, Shawn and Craig's names makes me laugh everytime!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

What was your favorite DIS Unplugged moment of 2013? We're putting together a list of the top ones so either let us know in this thread, on Facebook or Twitter, or just send us an email at podcast@disunplugged.com.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

1502732_631122886948041_1736843827_o.png
My favorites are by far the Jess interview, and then the John and Kevin restaurant reviews. And I always love a good Pete rant. Stay out of the damn lakes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter