Favorite Dining Rotation on 4 night Dream?

starousse

DIS Veteran
Hi, I'm so excited, just booked my first Disney Cruise on the Dream for May 2014. I just got off the phone with DCL and they told me the three dinner rotations.

RAAE
AEER
ERRA

Of those who have done this very cruise, which one would you choose and why? Thanks :)

Last month, our dining rotation was AERR. We loved The Enchanted Garden the best and wished we could have had two evenings there. Royal Palace was also lovely. Although Animators was super cool and entertaining, the lighting was weird in there and everyone felt a little woozy. Maybe because it is so far at the back of the ship... Just my opinion!

Hi, I'm so excited, just booked my first Disney Cruise on the Dream for May 2014. I just got off the phone with DCL and they told me the three dinner rotations.

RAAE
AEER
ERRA

Of those who have done this very cruise, which one would you choose and why? Thanks :)

That's interesting. Previous reports show the rotation to be 1233 (ERAA; RAEE; and AERR).

Maybe DCL is trying to make it so guests are not in their last MDR 3 days in a row (last 2 nights and embarkation breakfast).

That's interesting. Previous reports show the rotation to be 1233 (ERAA; RAEE; and AERR).

Maybe DCL is trying to make it so guests are not in their last MDR 3 days in a row (last 2 nights and embarkation breakfast).

Funny, I didn't even notice that. You're right, they're probably doing it this way to mix it up a bit.

That is exactly what we experienced last month on the Dream. We ate in the Royal Palace 3 meals in a row.

I was on the Dream last week (7/28 to 8/1) and our rotation was RAEE. Our server on the third night did say something about Enchanted Garden being closed the fourth night, but we had Palo reservations so he didn't bother to elaborate. If they have changed it, it has not been implemented yet.

I'm kind of glad we had the rotation the way we did, so we could do each restaurants the first three nights, and then Palo on the last night.

Will we fine this out once we board the ship? Or do we receive it in the mail with our documents? Thank you...

You find out your dining rotation when you check in at the port. It's printed on your KTTW card.
If that's the case, how do you plan Palo & Remy reservations around it ahead of time so you can experience all 3 restaurants AND Palo & Remy? Do you contact DCL ahead of time to see what the rotation pattern is and hope they're accurate? It seems like there's a bit of conflicting rotation here, unless DCL plans on changing things up. When is a good time to contact them to get the most accurate info, yet still be able to make Palo & Remy reservations?

If that's the case, how do you plan Palo & Remy reservations around it ahead of time so you can experience all 3 restaurants AND Palo & Remy? Do you contact DCL ahead of time to see what the rotation pattern is and hope they're accurate? It seems like there's a bit of conflicting rotation here, unless DCL plans on changing things up.

You just take a chance. Pick one of the repeat nights, but be aware, even though you are scheduled in the same MDR 2 nights, the menu is different each night.

You'd need to make peace with the fact that you're going to miss "something" if you decided to dine in Palo/Remy one night. And plan another cruise to catch what you've missed.

If that's the case, how do you plan Palo & Remy reservations around it ahead of time so you can experience all 3 restaurants AND Palo & Remy?

I just booked Palo this morning for the 3rd night of our 4 night Dream cruise. I picked that night because I think it will be Pirate night which had the dinner menu we least liked on our last cruise (this cruise DH will be with us, last cruise was DSx2 and me only). We booked for 8:30pm though, so we will go to the Pirate dinner so the kids can eat (and we can order our younger son's allergy meals for the next day) and maybe we'll just have a little appetizer or something.

I don't really remember choosing our order...but it was ARAE. I'm glad I got to double up on Animators Palette because on Pirate night the set up was different. On pirate night it was all Pirates of the Caribbean artwork everywhere, very very cool!! Then on the second visit it was what I assume to be it's normal theme. So Crush was swimming around and talking to guests! It was awesome! So I say its worth trying to get an opportunity to get to Animators on Pirate Night! Although it was amazing, I still miss the old school Animators from the Wonder. As cool as all the restaurants were...Enchanted Garden was my favorite!

Question: Animators Palette was different on Pirate Night, was that the same with any other restaurants too? Or just AP?

Does every ship have a certain number of dining rotations? Would love to request one since I am doing Palo the first night on our 4 night on the magic and want to make sure the kids get to go to Animators with us. Anyone know those dining rotations on that ship for 4 night?

Question: Animators Palette was different on Pirate Night, was that the same with any other restaurants too? Or just AP?

We ate in Enchanted Garden on Pirate Night and IIRC it was not different. That's pretty cool that Animator's Palate was different! I loved the regular night with Crush, my kids had a blast guessing what the fish were forming.

So since there seems to be some conflicting information on the dining room rotation on the 4-night, would it be better to simply request "I'd like AP twice" - or whichever one you'd rather have twice? ( I know AP is a lot of people's least favorite (esp without children), but I'm a big Pixar fan, so all the stuff on the walls was catnip for me!!)

So since there seems to be some conflicting information on the dining room rotation on the 4-night, would it be better to simply request "I'd like AP twice" - or whichever one you'd rather have twice? ( I know AP is a lot of people's least favorite (esp without children), but I'm a big Pixar fan, so all the stuff on the walls was catnip for me!!)

Sounds like a good idea. Certainly others (even before the confusing info) have done this. I know some have just made a request like "Royal Palace on night 2".

Sounds like a good idea. Certainly others (even before the confusing info) have done this. I know some have just made a request like "Royal Palace on night 2".

Thanks! Called and put the request on there. Apparently it's "Rotation 1" - of course, I didn't think to ask what "Rotation 1" was because I incorrectly remembered the new rotations on here as splitting the two nights in a restaurant up. So...looks like if I want Palo dinner, my best bet will be night 1 so as to not interfere with AP since I requested it. :)

eta: Or I could just wait and try for a reservation on board once I see my rotation for real. :) And just try to pre-book brunch. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter