Favorite dining rotation and why?

christinalynne

Earning My Ears
Hey all! We went on a 5 night cruise on the Wonder last year, and are headed on a 7 night Magic in October. What is your favorite dining rotation on the Magic and why? Also- how do you request it?

On the Wonder my favorite restaurant food wise was Tritons, and fun wise was AP if that makes any difference. I am wondering how it will work out on a 7 night.

Thanks!

We have sailed 13 times and have never requested a rotation. We just go with whatever we are given and have always had a great experience.

One cruise, no request, had a blast, great service, loved all of the MDRs. Sometimes it just works out. :goodvibes

You know, I didn't even think about the fact that with the longer cruise we would already hit all restaurants twice. Duh!! (Lol). So- yeah- no special request necessary.

Twice we have taken what we were assigned. For Christmas this year, I called the general DCL number and requested a starting restaurant. I had looked at the rotations and tried to figure where I wanted to be for formal, semi-formal, Christmas, and a birthday celebration. I also considered where we would be for our last breakfast. Unless it hits someone's birthday (or a port night is REALLY late), I probably wouldn't worry about it.

Hey all! We went on a 5 night cruise on the Wonder last year, and are headed on a 7 night Magic in October. What is your favorite dining rotation on the Magic and why? Also- how do you request it? On the Wonder my favorite restaurant food wise was Tritons, and fun wise was AP if that makes any difference. I am wondering how it will work out on a 7 night. Thanks!
I request second. I don't want to rush to the ship on port days to get ready for dinner. I wanna take my time and relax before getting the family ready for dinner. especially traveling with a group 6+ it's lax.

Twice I have requested a rotation that put us in Royal/Lumieres for formal and semi-formal night. I like being dressed up in the fancier restaurant.
For the Fantasy it was ERAERRA

Will I know ahead of time what my rotation will be? I want to know what I will be giving up if I happen to book Palo for DH and myself, or for my parents. Thanks.

You find out your rotation when you check in at the port.
We did Palo on Pirate night. This is a repeat night in the MDR. You still get each restaurant twice plus Palo.

I have requested a specific rotation on 4 of our cruises. I requested AER so we would be in animators palate 3 times. I had read about "a special show" that takes place in animators on the 3rd night of the rotation. My family loved that night and I can it was my favorite.

The wait staff gives you a paper and you draw a character on it. Toward the end of the dinner service the animated characters everyone has drawn come to life on the screens and dance with other Disney characters. the kids loved picking out their drawings, seeing who they were dancing with and seeing their names at the end of the performance in the "credits". Really great experience and I will request this rotation again just for this.

I have requested a specific rotation on 4 of our cruises. I requested AER so we would be in animators palate 3 times. I had read about "a special show" that takes place in animators on the 3rd night of the rotation. My family loved that night and I can it was my favorite.

The wait staff gives you a paper and you draw a character on it. Toward the end of the dinner service the animated characters everyone has drawn come to life on the screens and dance with other Disney characters. the kids loved picking out their drawings, seeing who they were dancing with and seeing their names at the end of the performance in the "credits". Really great experience and I will request this rotation again just for this.

We also enjoyed the last night at Animators, so much fun!!

This done on the 2nd night in AP that isn't pirate night.

Everybody gets this show the second time they are in AP regardless of rotation or which day of the cruise it falls on. You don't have to make any special rotation request to get it. Everyone will get it. You were in AP three times, but once was Pirate Night so they don't count that. Every rotation has one restaurant being visited three times, but one of those nights will be Pirate Night so no special dinner shows anywhere. But your second non-Pirate Night day in AP is the special show you mention. For everyone.

We have sailed 13 times and have never requested a rotation. We just go with whatever we are given and have always had a great experience.

We're in the same :boat:, but we've done 12 cruises & never requested a dining rotation & have always had a wonderful time.

I have called DCL for both of my cruises so far and just requested that my favorite MDR was not the first night. It's not that I want that particular dining room, it's that I want that particular menu not on the first night. If there is a chance that my stomach may not be feeling so great, I don't want to be eating my favorite menu. Does this make sense?

I've never requested a specific rotation, but I think I will the next time we cruise--we ended up in Animator's Palette on Pirate Night the last time we were on the Dream.--I LOVED it because they show all sorts of pirate-related Disney concept art (thinks like Pirates of the Caribbean movie and ride sketches, concept art from Treasure Planet, etc) that I hadn't seen before. After having my first Pirate Night in the Royal Palace, I can definitely say that Animator's Palette has a better atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter