Favorite cruise drink ??

Was on the Wonder a little over a week ago and fell in LOVE with the Bahama mamas!! Its the only type of drink I kept having this cruise since I enjoyed it so much =)

Hands down.....BBC. I am definitely hooked on that drink since this one server told me about it.:hyper:

When you make, what is the ratio that you use. We actually have some caramel flavored vodka that we can put to good use.:cool1:

We do 2 parts caramel vodka, 1 part amaretto, and 1 part baileys.:thumbsup2

Please tell me what a BBC is! :) so many people love it... I need to know!

Well the one I had in St. Thomas is Bailey's, Banana Liquor, and Colada(pina colada) mixed in a blender ( I can't quite remember if they added real bananas to it or not)..

I forgot to quote. For the PP who asked what a Konk Kooler is:

Only made on Castaway Cay

White and dark rum (and A LOT of it!)
Coconut cream
passion fruit
orange juice
pineapple juice

The one I had was very creamy and thick, almost like a milkshake.

Another VERY strong drink on CC is the Shinn Splint. It has Rum, Vodka, Gin, Tequila, triple Sec, Lemon sours, Coke. One sip of this and I was buzzing.

WOW can't believe the prices a lot cheaper than the Disney resorts, do they do the Lapu Lapu (the one from poly in the pineapple) I love that one :)

They served drinks in a pineapple during the Hawaii cruise. It was a frozen drink with rum, it was NOT a Lapu Lapu which is orange juice, sour mix and rum.

They cost about $5 less than a Lapu Lapu too.

That is the only time I have ever seen pineapples used that way on the cruises.

Alexandra on the Dream is awesome, as is Nowak on the Fantasy. Alltime favorites may have been Gilbert and Craig on the Wonder. Don't know where they are now.

princesspiglet said:
Shinn Splint

It has Rum, Vodka, Gin, Tequila, triple Sec, Lemon sours, Coke. One sip of this and I was buzzing.

I think I'll try that. I actually didn't care for the Tropical Depression, but this one is worth a shot ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Another VERY strong drink on CC is the Shinn Splint. It has Rum, Vodka, Gin, Tequila, triple Sec, Lemon sours, Coke. One sip of this and I was buzzing.

Shinn splint would be the same as a long island iced tea....most restaurants don't serve more than two per person because they are so strong. :rotfl:

My favorite drink has always been the Tropical Depression on Castaway Cay. When I was there last year, it was off the menu and only one person seemed to know how to make it. :(
I liked the Shinn Splint, but my gallbladder didn't. If I ever have it again, it will be the only drink (and only one) I'll have while on the island.:)

Oh I just remembered that I tried the Acai drink on the Dream and LOVED it. I can't remember what it was called but it came with a souvenir acai seed bracelet.

princesspiglet said:

Only made on Castaway Cay

White and dark rum (and A LOT of it!)
Coconut cream
passion fruit
orange juice
pineapple juice

The one I had was very creamy and thick, almost like a milkshake.

On the 2011PC cruise, we did a mixology class. We were told that although it's not listed, you can ask for it from any of the ships' bartenders. In fact they said you can ask for anything and they will make it :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2 questions- can you cocktails served via room service? If no, can you get one at the bar and bring it back to your room? We have 2 kiddos- and the hubs and I were hoping to enjoy a beverage on the verandah after bed time! :)

In case you weren't aware. Disney allows you to bring your own alcohol on board. You must carry it on, IT CANNOT BE IN YOUR CHECKED IN LUGGAGE!! We always make a stop at the "Publix" liquor store so we can enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail in our room.:goodvibes

Many people don't realize that the hurricane glasses they have the first day cost extra when you buy that first drink. This glass is larger than the regular glasses and for the rest of your cruise you get a larger drink for the same price if you keep it. They will clean it out and reuse if you ask.

Does the hurricane have rum? I can't stand run! I'd love some other drink choices that don't have rum in it.

Bonniec said:
Does the hurricane have rum? I can't stand run! I'd love some other drink choices that don't have rum in it.

Yes it does have rum. The Yellow Bird does not - it's yummy! They float Galliano on top -- mmmm ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

scrapbookmomma74 said:
Anything that Alexandra in Meridian on the Dream is making is my favorite...DO NOT look at the menu, tell her what you like, she will deliver, I promise!
Tell her "The Tracys" sent you! lol

Totally agree. Alexandra is awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter