Favorite Counter-Service at the Parks?

Merbean09

Mouseketeer
(Sorry if this has been asked before- want newer ideas!)

We're doing a trip to WDW next month for my son's 1st birthday! We have the QS DP and were wondering what CS you liked the best in each park?

We went about two-ish years ago, but didn't do the DDP. We just payed OOP. We ate at: MK- Liberty Tree, EPCOT- Via Napoli, HS- Sci-Fi, and DTD- Planet Hollywood, so we don't have experience with CS locations.

Also, what would you consider the worst?
:confused3:confused3:confused3

Thanks! :cool1:

Favorites-
MK- Columbia Harbor House ( haven't tried bog yet)
Epcot-mmmm, so many. If I had to pick one I'd say Sunshine Seasons.
HS-Starring Rolls.. (Sushi and giant cupcakes)
AK-Yak & Yeti for the food, but Flametree BBQ for the great outside seating area.
Last choice-
MK-Cosmic Rays ( loud, hectic, having to order at different stations)
Epcot-Fountain view just yuck.
HS-Backlot Express
AK-Restaurantosarus. I don't dislike it. It is just usually my last choice because the menu is so ubiquitous

MK - Pecos Bill's
EP - Mexican Cantina (Nachos and Churros) :thumbsup2
HS - Starring Rolls (Red Velvet Cupcakes)
AK - Never had counter service always go to Tusker House

MK- Columbia Harbor House has the BEST tuna sandwich- not sure why, it's just fantastic! Pinocchio's Village Haus used to have really yummy paninis but I see they now have flatbreads and flatbread subs, so not sure about that. :(
EPCOT- Eat around the world, haha! So many delicious choices- the nachos are great at La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico and there's also fish and chips at the other side at Yorkshire Fish Shop.
HS- Starring Rolls Cafe- They have great pastries and bagels for breakfast. For a snack though- they have HUGE cupcakes- split them, haha. Pizza Planet pizza is decent and I think you get a salad with it too.
AK- I've only eaten CS here once and it was at Flame Tree BBQ- it was okay. I've heard good things about Yak & Yeti though.
Downtown Disney- Just in case you make here, there are great options too! Fish & Chips and fried candy bar at Cookes of Dublin, the sandwiches are great at Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express has great pizzas, salads, sandwiches and pastas!

Hmmm, best QS eateries?
In our opinion . . .
. . . Epcot: Sunshine Seasons (maybe the best QS in WDW)
. . . MK: Be Our Guest (Columbia House a close second)
. . . AK: Flame Tree (good ribs)
. . . DHS: Backlot Epress
. . . DTD: Earl of Sandwich
. . . BB: Lottawatta Lodge
. . . TL: Typhoon Tilly's
. . . Deluxe Resorts: Capt Cook's at Poly
. . . Moderate Resorts: Sassagoula Flatworks at POFQ
. . . Value Resorts: Landscapes of Flavor at AoA

MK - Columbia HH, BOG
EC - Tangerine Cafe, Sunshine Seasons, The new Bakery in France with sandwiches, salads, quiche, soup and fabulous desserts.
ST = Starring rolls
Resorts - Pop, POR, Beaches & Cream
DTD - Earl of Sandwich and their neighbor Wolfgang Puck Express

MK - Columbia HH
EC - Sunshine Seasons, The new Bakery in France with sandwiches, salads, quiche, soup and fabulous desserts.
Resorts - Beaches & Cream
DTD - Earl of Sandwich and their neighbor Wolfgang Puck Express

Agree!!!

MK: Cosmic Ray's (haven't tried BOG yet or Columbia Harbor House; they get great reviews here on the boards)
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons (our favorite CS at WDW)
AK: Flame Tree BBQ
DHS: Starring Rolls or Backlot Express

Also, what are the best times to eat?
I'll have a 1 year old, so the less we're waiting in line, the better! :) ;)
Thank you!

MK - Next to Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square there is a group of food carts and stands outside, they have hot dogs, baked potatos, tons of fresh fruit and turkey legs. There are lots of outside tables behind it to eat. It's my new favorite place to eat lunch since we are sick of burgers and nuggets.

MK - Columbia Harbour House
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons and Tangerine Cafe
DHS - Starring Rolls
AK - Flame Tree Barbecue
DD - Wolfgang Puck Express

Mine are kind of biased toward the best vegetarian options.

MK - Columbia Harbour House or Pecos Bill's
EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons or Tangierine Café
HS - Rose's All-American

Neither of the CS places with a vegetarian option at AK (Restaurantosaurus and Pizzafari) are anything to write home about, but they're OK.

Our faves are MK... Pecos Bills, Epcot...Sunshine Seasons, DHS...Starring Rolls, AK...Flame Tree BBQ

Also, what are the best times to eat?
I'll have a 1 year old, so the less we're waiting in line, the better! :) ;)
Thank you!

I always tell my dh that 1pm seems to be lunchtime at WDW! It seems like if we order by 12:30 we have no trouble with lines or finding a seat. But by the time we're done people are wandering around with their trays filled with food looking for seating.

My personal favs:
MK: Pecos Bill-toppings bar!!! We just did BOG yesterday and it was quite good but you have to be willing to stand in line for the pleasure.
DHS: Starring Rolls-the best sandwiches and very fresh. Nice shaded seating.
Epcot: Tangerine Cafe- we just love that place.
AK: I don't really have a fav here. We always do dinner at Yak and Yeti which we love!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter