Favorite Costco deals and products?

My2CrazyGirls

DIS Veteran
We are still fairly new to Costco. Can you all share your favorite products and deals? Have you found any bad products or rip offs?

We like the World Blend coffee and large organic strawberry spread. The organic peanut butter is also a good deal.

We are still fairly new to Costco. Can you all share your favorite products and deals? Have you found any bad products or rip offs?

We like the World Blend coffee and large organic strawberry spread. The organic peanut butter is also a good deal.

We LOVE Costco and buy almost everything there. I would say that their best product is their meat. It is so much better than anything you can buy at the supermarket. There really is no comparison.

Also, their customer service is really wonderful!

We always buy these things at Costco: Produce, Kirkland dog food, Kirkland paper towels and toilet paper. Their meat is always fresh and a good deal. Keep an eye out for their coupons, you can get great deals on toiletries and snacks.
We bought all of our kids furniture there. It is the Cafe Kids brand. It is carried seasonally, but it real wood and already assembled.
I love love love Costco.:cool1:

Kirkland dog and cat food, Fresh Step litter, bagels, milk, string cheese, Laughing Cow cheese, butter, sugar, fresh veggies/fruit, fresh pizza (especially when theres a coupon!), rotisserie chicken, and like someone else mentioned, the car rentals, very good discounts!

We buy their brand of dog food, toilet paper, and paper towels. We also like to buy Tropicana orange juice, Deer Park water, Milk Bones, fruits and vegetables, and meat there, too. They also have really good chicken salad, seafood pasta, and tortellini salad.

I think we've covered Costco a few times on this board... but I'll take any opportunity I have to talk about how much I love Costco :lmao:

I grew up in a BJ's warehouse family and when DH (then DBF) told me he was a Costco member I scoffed and said- well they're the same thing, right?

Wrong.

Our regular purchases:
$1.50 hot dog and a soda (even on Kauai in Hawaii!!)
Kirkland's toilet paper (unless Charmin is on sale)
crystal light lemonade and tea (great deal)
DH's acid reflux meds (omeprazole) - this pays for our yearly membership by itself
Fiber one bars
Babybel light laughing cow cheese (insane mark down from our grocery store)
Smart balance
stuffed salmon (I don't know if it's a deal but its GOOD)
pork tenderloin
secret clinical deoderant
razors
zicam
shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soft soap- almost all toiletries

Awesome deals:
$70 for a heated mattress pad (same one was $150 at BB&B)
$25 backpack beach chairs ($50 elsewhere)
$50 for a stainless steel trash can that used regular kitchen trash bags and came with a mini one for our bathroom- would have spent over $100 elsewhere
Beer & wine for our wedding - can't remember how much we saved but a lot!

We're just a couple with no kids so I'm sure once we have them we'll be buying more food items. Also would buy more meat if we had an extra freezer.

On our honeymoon we went to Kauai and Maui and visited costcos there. We bought some of their pre-made food to eat lunches out on our balcony at the resort. Also bought Kona beer there for cheap.

I have never been disappointed with anything Kirkland! I buy: paper towels, toilet paper, laundry detergent/softener, tuna, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, coffee, generic prilosec, vitamins, garbage bags, lettuce, brocolli, spinach, chicken, flank steak, all kinds of cheese, eggs, milk, 1/2 and 1/2, butter, hot dogs, water, selter, strawberries, grapes, cereal, shrimp salad, frozen breaded chicken, electronics, socks and underwear, foam mattress topper, books...

I love costco!

And they have great deals on prescription medicines!

(Although, our store doesn't require a Costco card for prescriptions. Not sure if it's that way everywhere?)

I think my Costco membership pays for itself in savings on bottled water (Poland Spring) and allergy meds (Kirkland brand). I used to say it was in books & iTunes cards, but now that they don't carry anything Apple & I read most books on an e-reader or tablet, that's no longer the case. Another great savings is the AMC Gold movie passes, which are $8 each, so a $3 savings from going to an evening movie, and they can be used from the day the film is released.

I haven't found a bad Kirkland product, and regularly buy KS branded garbage bags, batteries, pesto sauce, shrimp cocktail platters, chicken breast, maple syrup, chocolate covered almond toffee, ibuprofen, vitamins, baby wipes, facial cleansing wipes, dishwashing liquid, & dishwasher packs.

Other items I purchase fairly regularly at Costco include the multi grain bread from the bakery, decorative pillows, the multi packs of white hand towels & face cloths (when they get too grungy, they become cleaning cloths), gum (killer savings there), string cheese & granola bars.

FWIW, I'm one person, and I wish I could buy more of my fresh produce there, but there's no way I could consume it all before it went bad.

We always buy Milk,Bread Fruit and veggies there and I love there meat and Kirkland makes Bacon Bits that are great in recipes and Salads that are real bacon.

My Costco trip always consists of bread, meats, salads, paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags, dog food, allergy meds, acid reflux meds, spaghetti sauce, parmesan cheese, Kcups, bottled water, chips, and pizza.

beef and poultry are good buys. Gas is a good buy also. We also buy a ton of stuff on impulse because Costco is the master at getting you to buy stuff you dont need. All they need to do is get you in the store. I've started going in without a shopping cart. You can only hold so many things in your hands.

My aunt and uncle just told me to be sure and try the Costco manicotti - they say it's wonderful (and my uncle is Italian) :thumbsup2

Unfortunately DH & I go to Sam's Club (no close Costco stores to us).

They're elderly and tell me that Sam's "should carry it too, so look for it" :laughing:

We also love the Kirkland brand!

Allergy meds
Ibuprofen
Pop chips
Nacho chips
Kirkland soap rocks!
Milk
Orange juice
Eggs lands best eggs
Spices like steak seasoning
Kirkland frozen pizza
Bacon
Shredded and block cheese
Bathroom cups
Paper products
Kirkland apple juice
Bakery bread
Their birthday cakes!!!
Organic meat
Fruit
Mango salsa
Kirkland peanut butter cups

We also use their photo printing a lot. Very cheap and free shipping. I send pictures to family using their online service.

If you need prescription eye glasses, the prices for frames and lenses are at least 50% less that Lenscrafters. And they will do repairs at any Costco, handy if you need a repair while traveling.

And they have great deals on prescription medicines!

(Although, our store doesn't require a Costco card for prescriptions. Not sure if it's that way everywhere?)

It's that way everywhere.

If you need prescription eye glasses, the prices for frames and lenses are at least 50% less that Lenscrafters. And they will do repairs at any Costco, handy if you need a repair while traveling.

They just fixed my elderly father's glasses for free and he didn't even buy his glasses there!

I also get my contacts at Costco. I haven't found any other place that beats their price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter