• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite CM on DCL?

Originally posted by cotomom
I'd also like to vote for Gemma, who is now in Palo's. She was our server on our first Disney cruise and really made it special for us!

She was our server the first night at Palo's ... and we saw her again when we had our brunch!

Our server (Clive-Jamaica) and Assistant Server (Jennifer-England)

622089896103_0_ALB.jpg

Any entertainment Favorites?? Is Andy still onboard?

Originally posted by Mark_F
Our server (Clive-Jamaica) and Assistant Server (Jennifer-England)

When did you sail? We had Jennifer as our Assistant Server paired with Girish on the June 19th cruise, and had a lot of fun with her.

We had Jen with Clive on the July 3 sailing ... they were both great.

Jen did the napkin folding class ... I managed 3 of the 4 :)

Originally posted by cotomom
I'd also like to vote for Gemma, who is now in Palo's. She was our server on our first Disney cruise and really made it special for us!

We missed her last time due to her vacation but hoping to see her next time around!

Gee, I'll just have to go to Palo's more than once so I can say hello! :wave2:

I agree with Gemma. She really went out of her way to make our cruise special. She is such a doll. I am so disappointed that she is in Palo know as my children were looking forward to seeing her this Nov.

We've posted before, but it bears repeating, that John from Scotland is our family's favorite CM! We had him first as a server then as head server. We are going to be back on board at the end of Sept. and were wondering if anyone knows if he is still working on board as a head server. We are all hoping to visit with him again. He was the highlight of our last two cruises!::yes::

I was on the May 1st Magic, and I tend to make friends with alot of crew.

My votes...

Palo Server Marc from South Africa.

Pool Waiter Kadir from Turkey. :bounce: I have seen some on this board fortunate enough to have been served by Kadir. I was carrying a 2 way radio on the ship and he noticed on the first day. So he tuned his radio to my channel, so we could call for drinks any time, for the rest of the cruise!! He brought us a cooler on Castaway Cay to keep out drinks cold. I also saw him prepareing two large trays of food at cookies barbaque for party so they wouldn't have to walk to the line. (I beleive someone was in a wheel chair). He is the best!!!! If you are cruising in the near future, look for him! He will be the happy waiter singing OOOle Ole.. OOOle Ole... and yelling Bahama Mama!!!

And lastly!!! Natalie and Hailey from Austraila. Rockin Bar D drink servers. Sadly, they have returned to Austraila. Their contract was complete 4 weeks after our may 1st cruise.

Originally posted by allears
We've posted before, but it bears repeating, that John from Scotland is our family's favorite CM! We had him first as a server then as head server. We are going to be back on board at the end of Sept. and were wondering if anyone knows if he is still working on board as a head server. We are all hoping to visit with him again. He was the highlight of our last two cruises!::yes::

John was our head server on the July 3 sailing of The Magic. And I agree - he was a lot of fun! We mentioned him in our evaluation at the end of the cruise, along with our server (Clive) and assistant (Jennifer).

It's so cool when the same names come up over and over on this thread. Is John a redhead? I think I know who he is. I'll let you know mine in three weeks!

:teeth:

jlawall, John Is a darker kind of redhead - not a carrot-top. But he does tend toward that coloring. We know he's from Glasgow too. If you see him on your cruise tell him the Beck Family from NJ says HI!:wave2: Wow, two weeks and you'll be where we all want to be! Have a terrific time!

Originally posted by dis4me
I agree with Gemma. She really went out of her way to make our cruise special. She is such a doll. I am so disappointed that she is in Palo know as my children were looking forward to seeing her this Nov.

I'd bet money that if you went up to Palo at opening (especially brunch) and had a brief word with PJ, he'd somehow magically have Gemma appear to let the kids say hi! (...and that she'd be thrilled to do it) :)

I know who John is. I never had him but I've heard before that people really like him.

I will pass your greeting along!

Of course you must ALWAYS enquire whether your favourtie CM is still on board, should you wish to catch up with them. They will be DELIGHTED to see repeat cruisers. Dont forget, they are away from home 6 months' at a time and welcome the sight of any "familiar faces"!

Gemma, certainly, is ALWAYS very excited to see repeat guests - and often keeps in touch with them by e mail/letter when she is back home on vacation - as do many other CM's. If your server/head server isnt familiar with any names, then ask at Guest Services, and they will find out info for you. Dont worry about taking kids to see the servers in Palo............... they will somehow manage to get out and chat with the children: I know for a fact that although they love Palo, they MISS the children dreadfully. Nat

:Pinkbounc

We had Alex in March when he was paired with Annie from South Africa. They were wonderful as well. Alex kissed DD's hand like a princess every time she came to the table. She fell in love.

We also loved our cabin stewardess - Lidia. She made everything so perfect for us and she was great with the kids.

Denae

On the 7/3 Magic, we loved servers Arvind and Tanja, our host Clinton, and our Preludes smoothie guy Arud. Best entertainer, hands down, was Taylor Mason. Ordered his DVD when we got home.

Our highlights of the trip: Fitz from Jamaica and assistant, Tomaslov from Croatia.

My family and my boyfriend's family just got back from the Magic (Eastern) on Saturday. Our stateroom host was Ike, who was very helpful. He always greeted us with our names and asked how our day had been.
Our server was Dante who I think has already been mentioned on this board. He was awesome, always bringing side entrees when we couldn't decide what to get. He always brought the 10 year old vegetables with every meal!
The assistant server was Toney, recently moved from the Wonder. We kept him on his toes by changing our drinks every night, but he kept with us! He made the children, one at our table, and the other from the table next to us, roses made from paper napkins!
One night, my boyfriend and I ate at Palo's and had Jean as our server, who was simply amazing! He talked us through the menu and practically ordered for us. When our parents went to Palo's several nights later, he remembered us, and was disappointed I had not spoken French for him!
All four of these CM made our Disney Magic Cruise truely amazing!

I LOVED MY SERVERS on the Wonder. Matt from Australia and Januar from Phillipines. Matt went the extra mile and took my fussy two year old for a walk around AP so I could eat in peace. He showed him all of the cartoons on the walls and let him touch them. He kept him busy so I could finish my dinner.
and Januar was really cool about "one of each dessert for our table!" He didn't even need to ask. I can't imagine better service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter