Favorite cleaning products

BeachLove

Mouseketeer
What are your go to cleaning brands/products. I've been trying more natural window cleaning products and they all them to not work as well as the blue Windex. Going back to the normal stuff I've been buying. What do you use on counters, windows, bathrooms?

I got rid of all my chemicals for cleaning years ago. My go to is vinegar for almost everything diluted in a spray bottle. I use it on floors,countertops,windows. For my shower I use blue Dawn dishwashing liquid with warm vinegar in spray bottle. I make my own laundry detergent and stain remover. I also use diluted bleach for my bathroom floors, toliet and countertops.

I love windex to much to give it up, but vinegar, dish soap, bleach and laundry soap and magic eraser ,dusting swifers. Are only thinks I use. Stop buying tons of paper towels use old towels and dish clothes for cleaning.

combo spray cleaner 1-1-1 rubbing alcohol, white vinegar,water- cheap,easy,effective,disinfecting.:thumbsup2
I use it on most everything, with windows I do have to rub a bit more than with windex to get streak free, but I don't like chemical cleaners,so this is great!
Bon-Ami or barkeepers friend cleanser for scrubbing the toilets (along with spray)
and a combo spray of 1/10 bleach to water in spray bottle for the tub (mildew in grout) along with the cleanser.
I don't use anything else as my 1st spray cleaner is genuinely all purpose,including floors,stainless appliances etc

Norwex glass cleaning cloth. It's a microfiber cleaning cloth. You can get them on eBay. I dampen the cloth and wipe down. Hands down the best and easist way I've ever found for windows.

Whatever solution, spray or liquid you use, my go to product to try with it first is a magic eraser. I use it to clean floors, showers, sneakers, you name it. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that it takes up more dirt and thus the "clean" lasts longer. Like the shower seems to need cleaning less frequently.

All we use is vinegar, baking soda, and some bleach on rare occaisions. I love being able to use dilluted vinegar in a spray bottle and not worrying about my 2 yo getting into it or touching something while I clean.

Melaleuca's sol-u-mel and sol-u-guard. All natural, amonia and bleach free. Doesn't cause me to have an asthma attack!

For the counters I just use a wash rag with dawn soap and water. It cuts any grease or spills, smells nice and I always have some in the house anyway. I like natural cleaners sometimes but I agree that windex is really good for windows and won't give that one up either.

For the floor I like dish soap or vinegar and water and for the oven I use baking soda. For the bathrooms it's either windex multipurpose or dawn/vinegar combo I found on pinterest. (I have very hard water)

Whatever solution, spray or liquid you use, my go to product to try with it first is a magic eraser. I use it to clean floors, showers, sneakers, you name it. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that it takes up more dirt and thus the "clean" lasts longer. Like the shower seems to need cleaning less frequently.

Your not wrong about the bathtubs and i killed whole magic eraser the first time i used it in the tub.. I was shocked about how much soap and dirt scum was on the side of the tub. Plus now i just spray shower down with bleach water on wednesdays and magic it on sundays its super fast..

Op if you go the magic eraser way dont forget to make sure the eraser is always wet and rinse off what ever you clean with it.

I try and be careful with what I use to clean since my boyfriend is allergic to ammonia. I do use bleach based products to disinfect the kitchen counters and bathrooms. But for everything else I use vinegar and water (works great on floors), dusting clothes and a mixture of baking soda and dish soap for when I need something a little abrasive. I also use lemon juice which makes things smell great. To clean the microwave I put a bowl of water with lemon juice in it for about 5 minutes and then wipe out the inside with a damp cloth.

I'm sold on vinegar! We have very hard water and the vinegar cleans like magic. I had always read here on the DIS about cleaning with vinegar but I was worried about the smell. I tried it and found out that the smell is 100% gone in a few minutes.
In addition to that I use dawn dish soap, magic erasers, and bleach water.

I like the Method cleaning products (I get them at target) they are all natural which is important to me. They are on sale often and sometimes target has coupons on their site for them

Our family has switched to Melaleuca's non-toxic products as well (they have over 350 products, so much more than cleaning supplies).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter