Favorite Christmas Cookie recipe

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by Mimmy Mouse, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Mimmy Mouse

Mimmy Mouse Mouseketeer

Do you have one? Please share :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mimmy Mouse

Mimmy Mouse Mouseketeer

Nobody? Is there a thread already started on this subject? I used to bake alot but now with a full time job and 6 grandkids I don't have time to make all the kinds I used to. My grandkids favorites are the pretzel snacks. I match the m and m's and the kisses to the holiday. Just looking for some different ideas. Thank you

4. lynxstch

lynxstch I Love Figment

5. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

I love the cookies from cake mix as they're so quick the kids can help and don't get bored half way through:rotfl:

6. RoseColoredGlasses

RoseColoredGlasses Earning My Ears

The cookies I make are all entirely from scratch and take a while so I don't know how good they would be to make with kids, however I can suggest finding a gingerbread cookie recipe. Usually the bulk of the work is done a day or so before hand and the dough is chilled. Then when the kids are over you can have them help roll out the dough, cut the shapes, and then decorate with sprinkles.

7. CHIPSTER

CHIPSTER DIS Veteran

This is my favorite. With a cup of hot chocolate I'm in heaven.

RICOTTA CHEESE COOKIES

2 CUPS SUGAR 2 STICKS BUTTER
    2 TSP. VANILLA 3 EGGS
    1 LS. RICOTTA CHEESE

Mix above ingredients and then add:
    4 CUPS FLOUR ½ TSP. SALT
    ½ TSP. BAKING SODA

Dough will be on wet side. Drop well rounded tsp. of dough on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Cool and frost.

Frosting:

2 CUPS POWDERED SUGAR
    1 TSP. VANILLA
    1 TBLSP. MILK
    4 TBLSP. SOFT BUTTER

Beat by hand. Food coloring can be added if desired. Frost cookies. Can be sprinkled with colored sugar if desired.

Store in plastic container to keep soft. Place wax paper between layers of cookies.

8. Glynis

Glynis <font color=indigo>Taking applications for a WDW t

Does anyone have a tried and true gingerbread recipe? I'm looking to make gingerbread men with my kids this year, and have never made gingerbread cookie dough. We usually buy the roll of premade dough, however, I'd love to have a recipe that works.

Thanks in advance.

9. Katy Belle

Katy Belle DIS Veteran

Ive used the recipe from Martha Stewart.com for years! Just dont roll them too thin.

10. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

I use the recipe for spicy christmas biscuits here http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/147612/spicy-tree-biscuits The cookies come out softer than gingerbread, and they're not so spicy, but still warm and yummy:goodvibes These are what we make every year to leave out for Santa - it makes quite a lot so its easy to keep back a couple:rolleyes1

11. jassmine12

jassmine12 Earning My Ears

I am going to make Chicken Biriani. Its a kind of dish in which you need 2 cups of rices and 1/2 kg boneless chicken. first you boil the rice and then start cooking your chicken and then mix your rice with it and your chicken biriani is ready to eat.