Favorite Character Breakfast?

atmail35

Mouseketeer
What is your favorite character breakfast and why? It can be the food or the characters. Please tell me!

We are planning on going to DL Park that morning and then a later 10:30 breakfast to serve as brunch/lunch. Recommend away! :)

If you're going to already be in the park I would recommend Minnie and Friends at Plaza Inn. All the others you would either have to park hop for (Ariel's Grotto at DCA) or go to the hotels for.

I've done character breakfasts at Storyteller's and Goofy's kitchen previously and both were a lot of fun and no complaints about the food! I'll be doing Minnie and Friends in September.

Again, I only recommend M&F for convenience, that way you don't have to spend 10-30 minutes on each end of the character meal getting from the park to the meal itself and back afterwards!

We love Stitch so our favorite is Surf's Up at PCH Grill. You get great character interaction there too since it's a bit smaller than Goofy's or Minnie's so the characters spend a bit more time at each table. I have found the food to be about the same there as the others I've mentioned although each place has a few exclusive items.

However, we've eaten at Surf's Up a lot so we're trying to pick another one for our upcoming trip. Decisions, decisions.

ETA: The characters we saw at Surf's Up in October were Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto and Stitch.

Last August at Minnie's we saw Minnie, Chip and Dale, Hook, Peter Pan, Eeyore, Tigger and Pooh.

We love Breakfast with Minnie & Friends at the Plaza Inn. The magic of being in the park, good food, and tons of characters - have made it our favorite. Weʻve done Arielʻs Grotto numerous times, and have always been let down as far as food.

My kids loved all the characters at Plaza Inn even though I don't think they knew half of them until today. I highly reccomend it.

I've done Surfs Up twice. Great character interaction, they do a dance and "surf lesson" with Mickey and Stitch is always so much fun. We've seen Mickey (he's just there for a photo in the beginning and the dance party) stitch, Pluto, daisy, Minnie, chip and dale.
Food was really good both times. Omelette bar was excellent and they have fruit smoothies that were really good. I would say the selection is a little smaller than Goofy's.

Goofy's Kitchen was ok. Probably wouldn't do it again. Character interaction was ok, they do a little parade where the kids twirl their napkins. Meh. We say Goofy( in the beginning) Minnie, Chipn Dale, Pluto and I think Donald. We had my friends son who is in a wheelchair and the characters were very attentive to him, super cute.
Food was mediocre here. More selection but I didn't get the omelette bar, so maybe that's why. Lots of desserts, but I really didn't want desserts for breakfast.

Storytellers cafe was fun, characters interaction was good but my daughter had no idea who half the characters were. She met Briar Fox and had fun with him but had no idea who he was. There was a raccoon? Chip n dale and Pluto as well.
Food here was excellent. My mom ordered off the menu and I got the buffet.....not sure if they still offer both choices. I would go here again for the food, just seemed like such better quality.

Minnie n friends at the Plaza was my favorite. Sooooo many characters. Max (Goofy's son) Gepetto, fairy godmother , Minnie. Rafiki, Pluto, Captain Hook. Tigger, Winnie the Pooh. Great character interaction.
Food was ok, it is a buffet but you don't help yourself which is kind of weird. Great pastries and French toast. I ate so much, it was hard to walk around the park afterwards.

So best food: storytellers care and Surfs up for the omelette bar and smoothies.
Best characters: Minnie and friends
Best character interaction: Minnie and friends and Surfs up.
Best environment: Minnie and friends

Thank you all! I've booked Minnie and Friends at the Plaza Inn! It will be easy to do from the park and a nice way to end the trip :)

So, how does it work then? Do you just ask the waiter what you would like? Thanks! :)

You walk up and they have food out like at any other buffet but you tell the person standing behind the counter what you want, they spoon up your food onto your plate. Somethings you just walked up and grabbed, like the pastries.
I like serving myself so I thought it wa s a little odd for a buffet, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

I really like the food at Storyteller's. Characters are from forests/rainforests: Meeko, Kenai/Koda, Terk, Chip/Dale, etc.
I also like Minnie and Friends. Again, great food and being in the park is very convenient. Characters include: Fairy Godmother, Minnie, Rafiki, Max, Pooh characters, etc.
I have also eaten at Goofy's Kitchen, Surf's Up, and Ariel's Grotto (lunch), but Minnie's and Storyteller's are my favs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter