• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Beers in Disney

Y'all are going to think I'm crazy, but I would go to the Grand Floridian for some craft beer.

Why?

They just got their own beer menu. We haven't confirmed all the locations that use it at the GF, but take a look at this menu for the Beach Pool Bar.

My other favorites right now are Raglan Road and the Italy restaurants.

Thanks for all the compliments about the app and site, by the way!

No, thank you for the awesome site and app. Thanks for the tip on GF too, we're probably staying at BLT next trip and that list is worth an extra monorail ride or two at least.

Y'all are going to think I'm crazy, but I would go to the Grand Floridian for some craft beer.

Why?

They just got their own beer menu. We haven't confirmed all the locations that use it at the GF, but take a look at this menu for the Beach Pool Bar.

My other favorites right now are Raglan Road and the Italy restaurants.

Thanks for all the compliments about the app and site, by the way!

Narcoossee's has the new menu - they just rolled it out in May - lots of nice Belgians including St Bernie 12 on the list.

Grapefruit beer in Germany. Was during F&W now offered at kiosk year round now. Light and refreshing:thumbsup2
I have to agree. Just had this beer last weekend. I'm not a beer drinker, but my husband had me try this - love at first sip!

[/QUOTE]Safari Amber = fancy name for Michelob Amber Bock[/QUOTE]

Safari Amber is actually an AB product called "American Red". There is no way AB would let them call it something else if it was Amber Bock. AB purposely produces this beer to allow you to call it what ever you want. It's on tap at several location with many different "CUTE" names. We used to carry it in my restaurant and called it Gator Tail Ale.

It's also the cheapest beer made by AB. It typically runs $10.00 to $15.00 a keg cheaper than Bud or Bud light depending on how many kegs you buy.

If you have Netflix and want to see how truly evil AB is watch a movie called "Beer Wars". In my best Bobby Bouchette voice (Adam Sandler in The Waterboy) AB is da debil. Ever wonder why you can buy 6 packs, and 12 packs and 18 packs and 24 packs of all there line, in both cans and bottles and now 8oz cans? The more room they take up on the grocery store shelf the less room there is for other breweries products, especially craft lines.

On our trip this past weekend I picked up a six pack of Cigar City Brewing Jai Alai IPA and Maduro Brown to keep in the fridge in the room. Both were awesome to have readily available when relaxing in the evening.

BOG has Saison DuPont. I didn't see Unibrou at Le Cellier when I was there in May. I hope I just missed it.

Safari Amber = fancy name for Michelob Amber Bock[/QUOTE]

If you have Netflix and want to see how truly evil AB is watch a movie called "Beer Wars". In my best Bobby Bouchette voice (Adam Sandler in The Waterboy) AB is da debil. Ever wonder why you can buy 6 packs, and 12 packs and 18 packs and 24 packs of all there line, in both cans and bottles and now 8oz cans? The more room they take up on the grocery store shelf the less room there is for other breweries products, especially craft lines.
[/QUOTE]

Oh AB is not the only guilty party. All "megabreweries". If I go to a grocery store here in Canada, you can bet the shelves are 90% stocked with Molson/Labatt products ( and by extension AB products, as they are in a partnership here ). The worst is that they put out products made to LOOK like craft brews to fool those who don't know any better. ( I'm lookin' at you Rickard's Red )

Great thread! Subbing :)

Me too! Side note, I've been wondering what people meant by "subbing" for quite some time and just now figured it out when I thought, "I should really subscribe to this thread!"

No need to actually post in the thread to subscribe. Its better to just click on "Tread Tools" at the right side of the light blue menubar and select "subscribe to this thread" from there.

No need to actually post in the thread to subscribe. Its better to just click on "Tread Tools" at the right side of the light blue menubar and select "subscribe to this thread" from there.

Yes, but for those of us who use the app, if you post, it shows up in the "participated" tab which is a little more easy to navigate than the subscribe section, IMO.

Yes, but for those of us who use the app, if you post, it shows up in the "participated" tab which is a little more easy to navigate than the subscribe section, IMO.

The DIS App on your iDevice? The Subscribed section is really easy to use there.

The DIS App on your iDevice? The Subscribed section is really easy to use there.

I'm really not sure why it matters to you how I choose to stay up to date with threads I like. In my opinion, it is easier to access the participated section than the subscribed section.

FYI for those of you mentioning Schofferhofer Grapefruit: it's half Schofferhofer Hefeweizen and half grapefruit juice. Disney doesn't make this very clear unless you read the bottle. It is good though.

Bier and Trinken in the Germany pavilion have it.

Subbing and downloading the Bears and Ears app. DH and I need to expand from Corona and Coors Light. Can't wait for our next trip to try new brews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter