Favorite Bag for park?

Nicholmom3

Mouseketeer
I would love some ideas on which bag to purchase for our trip. As much as I would love to go bagless to the parks, my husband is diabetic and we need to be prepared to handle any issues.

I do want something small, unisex, easy to keep organized, and preferably water resistant.

Also, this is our first trip in a long time and I'd love to update our luggage. Anything that won't break the bank, but I don't want the Walmart special.

Thank you!!

View attachment 126329 We used this and it was perfect!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GV...+cinch+bag&dpPl=1&dpID=51oM2qWurzL&ref=plSrch
Has two side pockets that fit our large water bottles easily. Straps didn't dig in our shoulders at all and it was super lightweight :)
We use this exact same bag. We love it - it's big enough to hold all of our stuff, but not big enough to get very heavy. It's low profile so we can keep it on for photos. It's easy to get on and off for rides. Definitely unisex.

We used the Hikpro waterproof backpack. Lots of pockets and drink holders on the side. Kept everything dry on Splash Mountain! They have different colors but I got blue which was unisex! Got it on eBay.
Oh, and it folds into a tiny bag so we brought it in our suitcase, opened it and used it at the parks and stuffed it back into the suitcase to go home.

Our black 20L HikPro arrived Saturday. Just in time for our vacation. We decided on that one because it's just the right size and it fits both of us. I'm short, he is tall. Also it's gender neutral.

We chose it because of another recommendation on this board and the many reviews on Amazon.

71gwtyKLxYL._SL1390_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0DXDQJG0SAK21VJP0R54

about that baggalini...I had it for years,and it wears like iron..... it is awesome b/c the design expands so nicely and you can bring a lot of items easily- but why I stopped using it was my size,and bad shoulder...... something about where the buckle on the strap lands on my shoulder is just painful,I think it's my particular size/height,since others I know don't have this problem.... no matter how I adjusted or moved it,I had a bad shoulder when using it (I have joint issues anyway) so I switched to a small Vera Bradley backpack this past year..... otherwise the baggalini stuff is great! (and my dh didn't mind toting it since it's unisex)

I remember having a bag that looked just like that for our first trip! I couldn't remember what it was called. It was the perfect size back then, holding a few diapers/wipes, ect. I'll bet it would work well for us again this time around. Thanks!

s-l225.jpg

We used this one! It was $9.99 after you make a purchase. My mom made the purchase and I bought the bag. It worked out great for all the things I needed for my son and it was Disney festive!

I carry this one from Eddie Bauer:

http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/r...ackpacks&previousPage=SCAT&tab=gear&color=100

I haven't worn it to WDW yet (our trip is in 2 weeks) but I did try it out at our local theme park/water park (Silverwood) and it worked great! Nice size, big enough to hold a pair of flip flops with other stuff. It has a few different pockets in the largest zipper section, a smaller zippered section, and a place to hold a water bottle on the outside. It didn't work well for my Klean Kanteen stainless insulated bottle but it would be too heavy to carry around WDW anyway so a smaller water bottle would work great. I just tossed my bottle in the main compartment. It has a mesh elastic pocket on the strap that would be great for hand sanitizer, Kleenex, or even your cell phone (if you don't have a giant tablet sized one! ;) ).

We use a Swiss Gear and/or my almost-20-year-old Black, LL Bean backpack.

I love my crossbody backpack from Overland. I love it because I don't have to take it off when I need something. I can swing it around to the front and get out what I need; then swing it back. I can do the same thing when I get on rides- swing it around to my hip or my lap. It's so much more comfortable than sitting against a bag. Also, the water bottle holder is large and deep, so the bottle doesn't fall out as easily as some of the side mesh pockets on many backpacks. As an added bonus, it is blue so my hubby can carry the bag as well.

One negative of the bag is that if you are "well-endowed" the bag will very much accentuate that fact. :o But that is why I have hubby carry it a lot.

Unfortunately, Overland does not make it anymore, but it's very similar to this bag:

http://www.ebags.com/product/eagle-creek/tablet-sling-daypack-rfid/294592?productid=10364633

I just bought the overland donner bag that I've heard a lot about on here excited to get it in for our trip in February

I bought it off jet.com and used a coupon code APPLE15 and it took $15 off making it $22.29 with free shipping and returns within 30 days!! I've wanted to get it for awhile but never wanted to pay $50 dollars for it once it's all said and done from other sitesimage.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter