Favorite baby names

My name is Colleen and I hated it as a child as it was very unusual, but now that I am older I have grown to appreciate it.

BTW, someone mentioned the baby naming book by Laura Wattenburg called: The Baby Name Wizard : A Magical Method for Finding the Perfect Name for Your Baby. I must second the recommendation. DH and I are trying to conceive and we have been looking through it for ideas. It is really fantastic and one of the more modern and intelligent baby naming books out there.

I don't want to give my favorite names, but I will give my nieces and nephews names since I wont be using them for obvious reasons.

Nieces:
Jordan
Kennedy
Sabrina

Nephews:
Gino
Aleksander
Nikolas

I really like the names for girls :lovestruc
Alexa (can go by alex)
Samantha (can go by Sam)
Lila Rose
Sara Rose
Kimberley (my name of course)
Hawaiian names are cool to
Noelani
Naelani (the girl i babysit)

Boys:
I like the names..
Kekoa
KaiMana
Kawihe
Connor
Corey

Agian...About the weird spellings. Dont get me wrong I love this but it will be a pain in the but for your kid. My friend is Meghane and thinks her parents were drunk when they named her and couldnt spell..:rofl: No offense and all. .Just a heads up. I get my name spelled wrong on EVERYTHING. School plaques, school awards, Medals and its just that one E they miss.. KimberlEy. Not kimberly! GOSH!

Let's see........we have...
Victoria Caitlin
Anna Catherine
Abigail Chelsea
Gabrielle Christina

Hi,

The girl who served my take-out lunch at Beaches and Cream on December 6, 2003 was named Tiphane (an unusual spelling of Tiffany).

Jim

We have a Zachary Michael. I loved the name Zachary since high school, just wish it wasn't so popular now. Michael is my dad's and grandfather's first names. We abbreviate Zachary to Zack with a k though. The "k" screws everyone up!

We had a very hard time trying to come up with a girl's name (just in case the doc was wrong and Zack was a she!). The closest we got was Abby (not Abigail - just Abby). Many other names we liked for girls ended in L. Our last name begins with L, so those were a no-go.

Here were some of my girl names:
Abigail (again, that "l" problem for us)
Kelly (definate no-go since it was also DH's ex wife's name)
Melaine (Lanie for short)

My sister has:
Molly Lynn (Lynn is my sister's middle name also)
Hailey Jean (Jean is her MIL's first name & our Mom's middle name)
Mariah

I like Noah for a boy - but maybe that is getting too popular for me now too.

CONGRATULATIONS!
Kristi
(I have always loved my name, even when it was unusual to spell it this way)

Our daughter's name will be Gianna. Other favorites are:

Isabella (although getting too popular)
Liv
Riley
Kalyn

I can only seem to come up with girl names, so here they are:

Katie Chase (I've loved Kate ever since I read East of Eden by Steinbeck several years ago -- anyone who's read that book will know how odd that is!)
Ryan
Scout (I'm kinda hoping our girl will be a little scrappy just like Harper Lee's)
Avery
Smith

I like Chase as a middle name unless I use it for a first.

The only boy name I like is Calvin (Cal for short) although most people think I'm nuts!

MMPC123 said:
OK I read thru the whole thing and did not see this name for a girl -- Brenna

I LOVE that name. If I have a girl that's what I'm leaning toward. I like Brenna Margaret and Grace Elizabeth. I don't know about boys names though.... DFi's says he wants a jr. but I've never liked that... so we'll see. WAY in the future. ;)

gopherit said:
Wow -- just like the hurricanes, LOL!

We liked short names on boys (that aren't too readily abbriviated into something else.) Because see, I liked Matthew -- but not Matt. Loved Patrick -- but not Pat. SO we liked Evan and Ryan well enough to use them for our two boys (Richard Evan, Ryan Logan). We also like names that pretty much tell ya what the gender is, haha, although honestly, we were cuttin' it close with Ryan Logan since 2 friends have named their dds "Ryan" and I have heard of girl "Logans", too. If tomorrow I had to name a baby boy, I'd consider Ethan, Nathan, Ian or Owen... what can I say, I love those 2 syllable names!

For girls, we had chosen Anna or Hannah Elizabeht... and then when we actually became pg with a girl (after 2 boys) our son (age 4) named her for us! He was a VERY early reader (like age 2 for simple words, age 3 he could read the kiddie books, etc.) We found him with the baby name book, and he decided he was having a sister and her name would be Caroline -- end of story. I'm not sure what amazed me more -- that he was right (about it being a girl) or that he picked such a pretty name! And so Caroline it was (Caroline Blair).

Looking at girls' names now, I like Olivia, Lauren, Kathleen, Eleanor, Elise, Colleen... DH likes my middle name (Eileen) for a girl but I still recall hearing some stupid knock knock joke as a kid and got turned off on it (something like, WHo's there -- Eileen -- Eileen Who? "I lean over and you can kiss my...." :sad2: No thanks.)

I went to school with lots of girls who had last names for first names or middle names. LIke Mary Carter SoandSo, or Jane Phelps SuchandSuch, or Ann Riley YadaYada... and they went by the first AND middle name together, not just one name. It's a southern thing, I guess.

One thing to avoid -- don't go the "and we'll call her by her middle name" route. Did that with my 1st son -- PITA since everyone looks only at his first name! Lots of forms for school, etc. only give a space for one initial for middle name -- just messes with your mind, I swear! :crazy:

Strangest name I ever heard for a girl? Hands down -- Godzilla.

She was in my elementary school and all the way up through high school (although by then, she just went by "Zilla". Zilla, if you're out there, I'm sorry, but even you have to admit -- your mother did you no favors with that name.) I often have to show folks my school yearbooks to prove I'm tellin' the truth!

So aside from THAT name, pick something you like! :goodvibes

Well, HELLO Gopherit! Long time, no see. I was so happy to see your post and I remembered some of your great Kid stories and I laughed once again. I can't help but smile when I think of you and your experiences. Your kids are beautiful! Nice to see you again. :wave2:

When we named our dd we had NO idea it would be the #1 name that year. I liked it because it was old fashioned. My dd6 is Emily Mackenzie (Emmy Mac). I loved the nickname. I always sing Emmy Mac to the tune of Jimmy Mac.

Our son is Ian Russell. Right after we found out we were having Emily my grandfather passed away. He wasn't able to speak, but when he was told we were having his first great grand child, he was able to say Congratulations. His name was John Russell. Ian is a form of John. Emily was going to be Ian Russell if she was a boy. The name meant so much to us, we kept it for our son.

If I can convince my dh to have one more I love Aidan Patrick and Molly Elizabeth.

I also like Luke, Jack, Ava, Ella, Ellie

Girls: Loralei (DD's name)pronounced Loralie not Loralee
Lily
Faith
Mia

Boys: Benjamin
Noah
Jack
Christian

Girls:
Sofia
Sabrina
Angelica
Francesca
Amelia
Gabriella

Boys:
Marcello
Natale
Francesco
Santino

Can you tell I'm Italian, or was I too subtle?

My kids names are Kyle Joseph and Caroline Grace but we call her Carli. I think that if we have another girl sometime I have always wanted Josie Kate or Josie Elizabeth or Josie Marie. I love the name Josie. But if we had another boy I really don't know what we would name him, I do like Adam, Chad, Jacob, and Collin, Nolan And Nathan, but I'm not sure if I really love any of them like I LOVE the name Josie. Can you tell that I would really like to use that name??? I definetly think boy names are harder than girl names and I also hate that most of the names that I really like my husband looks at me like I am crazy to suggest naming our child that??? It definetly is alot of pressure picking a name that they will like forever...

Check this out: Baby Name Wizard

You can type in any name and it tells you the popularity level over the years. You need Java to view it.

JKanownik said:
Check this out: Baby Name Wizard

You can type in any name and it tells you the popularity level over the years. You need Java to view it.

Cool website! thank you!

Thanks to everyone for the great lists of names! :sunny:

My fave girls names are

Aislinn Frances
Disney Claire (my next daughter will be named this)
Madeline
Ella Catherine
Avery
Emily
Elaina
Piper

My boys names are
Jackson Walt
Ezra Jude
Dashiell Reed
Kiran Samuel

You also might want to check out www.babynames.com. The gals are really helpful there! I've been a member for 5 years!

My DS name is Blake.

We also liked the name Landon.

I like the name Layla for a girl.
DH likes the name Meadow ( yes he's a huge Sopranos fan) for a girl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter