• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite attraction to ride at night?

I have 3, one from each park that's usually open at night: TOT, TTA, and Test Track.

Very interesting that they all have double T's!

The Magic Carpets however, I think I am the only person alive who loves this ride!!

Another vote for TTA! Plus, you can stay on it for another time around! :goodvibes

This is dumb, considering it is a dark ride, but my favorite is Haunted Mansion. I much prefer to do that at night...walk up to it in the dark...see the graveyard in the dark...etc. Just seems creepier.

I also enjoy TTA and Test Track in the dark. I don't like Splash at night.

Big Thunder Mountain and both Dumbo and Aladdin's Carpets during the fireworks. :)

Also TTA during the fireworks is nice.

Another vote for TTA. It is like a totally different ride at night than during the day.

Also BTMR seems faster at night.

EE is a lot darker at night when inside the mountain.

Everest is amazing at night too. I love being in the very front when the track ends & you can see everything lit up before you go backwards. It is a pretty spectacular site to me.

Big Thunder! Love the lighting in the queue and on the ride - you still get to see all the animatronics. Also, the "town" area at the end of the ride - everything seems more "real" at night.

Jungle Cruise right at dusk, not too dark. We've been on it during a really dark night and could not see anything except where the skipper shone his light.

Jungle Cruise, it takes on a life of its own at night.
::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::
I actually saw this one listed on a list of the top 100 things to do at Disney. We tried it, and have done it many times since.

Another vote for TOT here. love walking through the paths to the hotel in the dark and looking over HS just before you drop and lose the turkey leg you just ate.

Everest is amazing at night too. I love being in the very front when the track ends & you can see everything lit up before you go backwards. It is a pretty spectacular site to me.

You said it perfectly. Gives it a whole new thrill! :thumbsup2
I'd also have to go with Splash Mountain; it's great seeing the castle all lit-up as you're taking those plunges.

Jungle Cruise, it takes on a life of its own at night.

We rode the Jungle Cruise (for the first time ever) at night this past May. We had a great time. It was very eerie. But, also pretty well lit. However, I would like to ride it during the daytime too. Now I know what all the corny jokes on the DISboards were from. ;)

Big Thunder Mountain and both Dumbo and Aladdin's Carpets during the fireworks. :)

DH and DS8 were lucky enough to ride BTMR at night while Wishes too. DH said it was amazing. DD5, DS2 and I waited for them at the farthest point near the exit to BTMR. It was neat to see it from a different perspective than near the castle (not recommended, but at least we saw them). It was fine though, we went to a PPP the next night and saw an amazing fireworks display from the Rose Garden. I think that is a new family favorite viewing area for the fireworks.

Another vote for TTA! Plus, you can stay on it for another time around! :goodvibes

We rode TTA for the first time this past May too. Believe it or not DS8 loved it. We rode it and then he wanted to go again. So, DH took him again while I took DD5 and DS2 to Dumbo. We may try riding it during Wishes. :idea: That is a great idea. Thanks for the tip. :goodvibes

- Jennifer

TOT is cool at night but I have to go with a couple of others that I think is better.

Big Thunder Mountain
Test Track
Dumbo and/or Aladdins Magic Carpet

These are just some of my favorites.

My picks are The Haunted Mansion, Splash, Big Thunder, TTA, & EE

This is dumb, considering it is a dark ride, but my favorite is Haunted Mansion. I much prefer to do that at night...walk up to it in the dark...see the graveyard in the dark...etc. Just seems creepier.

:thumbsup2 totally agree with you!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter