Fave dinner buffets

Biergarten is our favorite for the atmosphere - it's great for a 2 year old. Chef Mickey's would be a close 2nd. We also love the dinner buffet at Cape May but there are no characters at dinner. My kids always find something they love at all of these restaurants, even when they were that little.

I like Chef Mickey's for breakfast and Cape May for Dinner. 1900 Park Faire is also very good and the step sisters are a riot for entertainment.
I never thought of going over to Trails End for the buffet, can someone elaborate on what it's like? The menu looks good, is it worth going all the way over as a break from MK if you are not staying there?

We ate at TE and really enjoyed it. Think Down Home Comfort Foods- Fried Chicken, Ribs, mashed potatoes ect. My picky DS really enjoyed it. If you do go, definetly take the Boat. The year we went I was still a newbie and took a bus to Fort Wilderness then had to transfer to an internal bus which was a big pain with my disabled DH and his ECV. On the way home when we got on the second bus to go to DTD and get the 3rd bus of our journey home our driver asked what we were going to DTD for and we told him just to get a bus back to POFQ he said that's to much hassel, let me make a call. He called disbatch and got the OK to take us back to the resort. It was a wonderful touch of pixie dust:wizard:

Boma is #1. My family likes Biergarten but I think it's 'meh'. We did Cape May twice and loved it the 1st time while it was just 'meh' the 2nd time. We really liked Chef Mickey's for dinner but only went one time and that was in 2005.

What are your favorite buffets for dinner?

We will be making our first trip to WDW with a child (he wiill be almost 3) this December. Because 2-yr olds eat off buffets for free, I thought that would be the smartest bang for our buck. I appreciate your suggestions.

Since you conclude with you "thought that would be the smartest bang for our buck", I would say that you are wrong to choose a buffet...unless you eat a ton of food.

For the most part, WDW buffets are very pricey. I know our family spends less at typical TS restaurants b/c we tend not to eat appetizers or desserts.

We do enjoy Boma, but not because we think we eat enough food to account for the price, but because we enjoy the flavors enough to justify the cost.

My top-three buffets foodwise are:

Boma
Cape May
Biergarten

If I were to book character meals I would choose:

Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
Tusker House

Since you conclude with you "thought that would be the smartest bang for our buck", I would say that you are wrong to choose a buffet...unless you eat a ton of food.

For the most part, WDW buffets are very pricey. I know our family spends less at typical TS restaurants b/c we tend not to eat appetizers or desserts.

We do enjoy Boma, but not because we think we eat enough food to account for the price, but because we enjoy the flavors enough to justify the cost.

We will be going during free dining; however because my son is two and doesn't require a park ticket, he won't qualify for free dining. So we can pay for a kids meal at a TS or let him eat for free from a buffet TS.

I like Chef Mickey's for breakfast and Cape May for Dinner. 1900 Park Faire is also very good and the step sisters are a riot for entertainment.
I never thought of going over to Trails End for the buffet, can someone elaborate on what it's like? The menu looks good, is it worth going all the way over as a break from MK if you are not staying there?

We like Trails End. The boat ride over is a nice change and the prices are great. We try to schedule a early dinner and let the kids do the pony rides/see horses before we eat.

Hitting all my favs in September - in date order:

Ohana
Biergarten
Boma
Trails End
Cape May
Crystal Palace
Biergarten (again)

Gosh, I am doing 7 buffets in 10 nights (other ADRS are Chefs de France, Rose and Crown, and Ragland Road).

Better start dieting now...

Bonafide Buffets - Cape May for dinner.
Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace for either.

Family Style - Love Ohana's for Breakfast because Stitch is a Riot. My kids are teens and still ask for it. Food is good too (fresh mickey waffles)!

Ohana's for dinner too.

PS:

I know a lot of people love Bomas but I didn't like it. You need to like that sweet/savory combo and love the flavor of cinnamon & coffee.

I ate off the kids bar as everything pretty much fit into the three categories above.

What are your favorite buffets for dinner?

We will be making our first trip to WDW with a child (he wiill be almost 3) this December. Because 2-yr olds eat off buffets for free, I thought that would be the smartest bang for our buck. I appreciate your suggestions.

Cape May and Boma are our top 2 favs for dinner buffets.

Boma,Crystal Palace,Cape May,and 1900 Park Fare are our favorites! Ohana is also pretty good.:goodvibes

Our favorite is Chef Mickey's especially with little ones. Don't have little ones as
we'll be celebrating DS' high school graduation this year. Time flies. Enjoy them while you can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter