Fav BOG Lunch Entree?

My favorites: braised pork with green beans, french onion soup, and the tuna niciose salad. I am craving that salad now! My favorite dessert is the strawberry cupcake.

My favorite is the braised pork. My DH wanted to try the tuna niciose salad (I don't think he will like it much) so we ordered one of each for our August trip. We figure if he likes it we will split the dishes if not I will eat the salad. Hearing that it's one of your favorites makes me happy. I love tuna and the salad looked good, I'm looking forward to trying it.

Anyone ever had fatty braised pork? I ordered it on our last trip and it was at least half fat. The non-fatty part was good. I was just disappointed I didn't get to enjoy more meat!

Is there a way to sub the dessert or drink (on the DDP) when you pre-order?

Thanks everyone!!!! I ordered the Roast Beef sandwich with green beans while my husband ordered the sandwich with the ham and cheese on it (I forgot what it was called) and my 2 girls are splitting the grilled cheese, turkey noodle soup and fries. We got the strawberry cupcake, grey stuff, and orange eclair to share and try! Can't wait!!!

Unless they've changed the kids portions, they were really small. My son got the grilled cheese and tomato soup and it was 3 or 4 thin strips of grilled cheese sandwich. I was not impressed, but for us it wasn't a huge deal as we had breakfast at ohana that morning.

The braised pork is my absolute fav. I have had it x3 and never found it fatty. Maybe a PP just had a bad one off?

I have tried the tuna nicoise and it was a large portion & fresh. It was a tad bit too fishy for me (I enjoy some sushi but nothing strong tasting) so it was a one time experience. If you enjoy sashimi, you would like it.

I had the Croque Monsieur (ham & cheese sammy) when BOG first opened and found it bland w little taste.

I had the quiche last Fall for brkfst & if it is the same as what is served at lunch, also forgettable and bland.

Bottom line: food is a very personal thing & everyone has their own tastes. However, the braised pork is excellent and (while I haven't tried it) the roast beef sandwich gets great reviews.

Unless they've changed the kids portions, they were really small. My son got the grilled cheese and tomato soup and it was 3 or 4 thin strips of grilled cheese sandwich. I was not impressed, but for us it wasn't a huge deal as we had breakfast at ohana that morning.

Really?? Maybe I'll order 2 then so they can both have a good amount to eat... anyone else order the kids meals before???

Really?? Maybe I'll order 2 then so they can both have a good amount to eat... anyone else order the kids meals before???
I was interested in the Kids Meal "Grilled Shrimp" but in an Adult portion. I wonder how much of a hassle it would be to try to get this in an adult size?

Anyone ever had fatty braised pork? I ordered it on our last trip and it was at least half fat. The non-fatty part was good. I was just disappointed I didn't get to enjoy more meat!

Is there a way to sub the dessert or drink (on the DDP) when you pre-order?

I know some have mentioned the soup is now listed as a dessert, so that would be an easy substitution, but what about those who want to substitute the drink for the soup? Can that be done if you pre-order?

Yep, another vote for the braised pork, I only wish they could deliver it to the table piping hot. It's always been warm at best! Still tastes good though!!

The braised pork is my personal favorite and it's a good portion. I am also a fan of the soups, both are great. I don't get dessert.

Everything I've ever had at BoG was absolutely delicious! Fav soup is the French onion, and fav entrees are the roast beef sandwich, the carved turkey sandwich, the quiche, and the nicoise salad.

That is so funny! I got that last time, and it was one of the best sandwiches I ever had! The roast beef was super lean, perfectly medium rare, and the bread was perfect too!

I actually may get that again next time, but with the French Onion Soup, it was WAY too much food! I couldn't finish half the sandwich (sad face).

Same here! I'm not always a roast beef fan but this sandwich was so delicious it had me searching for something similar back home but with no luck. I was so excited to return and have it again in May and will likely be having it every trip because it was that good.

The bread was so soft and everything very flavorful. I highly recommend the roast beef sandwich.

I've also had the pork and it was okay but very salty. I had a taste of the ham sandwich and that was just okay as well. Still tastier options than burgers or hot dogs but no comparison to the RB sandwich.

I know some have mentioned the soup is now listed as a dessert, so that would be an easy substitution, but what about those who want to substitute the drink for the soup? Can that be done if you pre-order?
Yes, more curious about the drink. I don't want to get rid of my cupcake! :)

That roast beef sandwich is awesome!! I always order it and sneak a bite of my husband's braised pork:)

We ate here on the 15th for our park day before our cruise. Getting seated was a hassle as it was a long line to check in and then even though we had preordered we were all sent in line together. It probably took 30 min to be seated.
However it was EXCELLENT! Three of us had roast beef which was excellent and 3 had turkey. We had had a variety of cupcakes. Sandwiches were huge and we could have shared easily.

My 5 yo got a kids meal of turkey sandwich. It came on a whole wheat bread instead of the yummy baguettes we had and she didn't eat much. It was definitely smaller though and unless your kids eat little it would be tough to share unless they will eat some of your meals.
I would absolutely go back, but we would get three meals and share next time!

Question about the preorder, can you omit the sauce on the roast beef sandwich? Or is it best to not pre order and just order when you get there... Thanks.

DH was reading this over my shoulder and wants to get the pork and told me to get the sandwich... ya know, just in case he wants to try both... LMAO

Question about the preorder, can you omit the sauce on the roast beef sandwich? Or is it best to not pre order and just order when you get there... Thanks.

DH was reading this over my shoulder and wants to get the pork and told me to get the sandwich... ya know, just in case he wants to try both... LMAO
We have eaten here before and are again in a couple of weeks. My son only eats things plain. We ordered the roast beef last time with nothing on it and it was delivered to the table as ordered. I just placed an order for the same thing (roast beef plain) for our next trip.

Would it be enough food if 2 adults split the pork and each get soup and a cupcake? We don't eat huge meals, especially in the heat.

The pork is not a huge portion. I would rather skip the soup and have the whole meal for myself. You'll have plenty of room left for the cupcake. I'm not a big eater either.

I recall the preorder offering an option to skip the sauce. But I will say while I was hesitant to try it, as it didn't sound like something I would enjoy, it was really very tasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter