• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fatty McButter Pants' Food Reviews Part 3 - The Great Fatsby (includes pics)

Spookie1010

Earning My Ears
Previously on Fatty McButter Pants' Food Review Part 2: On day 2, Fatty McButter Pants and his wife, Donna Triple Chin ate themselves into oblivion. Donna stuffed herself to the tune of a third chin, while Fatty's excitement cost him a taste of Epcot's cement. Who will continue to overeat, and who will question themselves. Find out in Fatty McButter Pants Food Reviews Part 3...

Welcome to part 3 of Fatty McButter Pants' Food Review! Donna Triple Chin and I are glad to see so many of you are enjoying reading our tales of gluttony. In part 3, we will will review a few restaurants, and a few more 2008 Food & Wine Festival items.

In case you missed parts 1 & 2, or would like to link to part 4 (the conclusion), here are the links:

Part 1: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211946

Part 2: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215240

Part 4: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2228096

Mama Melrose's (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

104_4457.jpg

Artisan Breads and Spreads

104_4458.jpg

Oven Baked Chicken alla Parmigiana - Sorry about the knife mark in the pic. Fatty had his knife ready faster than Jack the Ripper

104_4459.jpg

Vine-Ripened Tomato Flatbread

100_1725.jpg

Four Cheese Flatbread (with Italian sausage added)

104_4464.jpg

Warm Chocolate Truffle Cake

Fatty McButter Pants: This restaurant and everything they serve is absolutely FABULOUS! When Donna and I got done eating, there wasn't a crumb left on any of our plates. Let me give you a nickel's worth of free advice: First, order the artisan breads and spreads. Second, enjoy each and every bite of the yeasty goodness, but, save the olive oil and set it aside. Third, when you entree arives, dump each and every drop of that olive oil all over said entree. Enjoy!

Donna Triple Chin: I ordered the two pizzas for myself (I couldn't decide which one sounded better, so I got them both!!!) and was rather disappointed when Fatty ordered such a small entree like the chicken parmesan with spaghetti. My heart sank. To make matters worse, when the waiter brought the entrees, Fatty even refused freshly grated cheese on his! Just when I thought he couldn't disappoint me more, he goes and comes up with an idea like this and totally redeems himself! Bravo, Fatty! Bravo!

A little while later, we headed back to the Food & Wine Festival. Gluttonous behavior ensued.

2008 Food & Wine Festival
104_4608.jpg

Monk proudly showing off the Food & Wine Festival gift card that Curl had given to him as a gift

104_4484.jpg

This is the Baked Ziti served at the Bologna, Italy booth

Fatty McButter Pants: I couldn't have been more disappointed with this item. I ordered this baked ziti sight unseen. I had eaten this at the 2007 Food & Wine Festival and loved every minute of it. Ziti pasta, parmesan cream sauce, pancetta, it was a pasta lover's delight! Unfortunately, the 2008 version, as you can see in the picture, was not the delight I remember. Red sauce, ground beef. YUCKO!

Donna Triple Chin: Fatty, this is the same item they have been serving for years. I don't know what you are talking about.

Fatty McButter Pants: Red sauce-cream sauce(?). Pancetta-ground beef.
WAKE UP, WOMAN!!!!!

104_4482.jpg

This is the Beef Goulash with a bacon dumpling served at the Vienna, Austria booth

Fatty McButter Pants: One word: YUMMO! I will NEVER forget this item. I loved it!

Donna Triple Chin: Fatty, I don't know why you are saying that. You HATED this item. You said the sauce was greasy, the bacon dumpling was---

Fatty: It was heaven.

Donna: How can you say that? You---

Fatty: Heaven.

Donna: You hated th---

Fatty: HEEEEEAAAAAVVVVVEEEENNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

104_4691.jpg

This is the Seafood Gumbo (shrimp, crab and catfish stew) served at the Louisiana booth

Donna Triple Chin: First, let me apologize for the picture. Someone stood closer to me than a bum on a bologna sandwich (you can actually see his stupid leg in the picture). I could hardly get the item in focus. Anyway, I LOVE gumbo. I was soooo excited to try REAL Louisiana gumbo. It did not disappoint. What did you think, Fatty?

Fatty: This item came with a small (very small) bottle of tabasco sauce, which Donna Triple Chin poured all over the gumbo. It was quite pungent. It burned the nostrils...in a good way.

Donna: Tabasco sauce, rice, seafood. What's not to love?

Fatty: I've got to be honest with you, Donna. It tasted like pure gasoline.

104_4486.jpg

This is the bread pudding with bourbon caramel sauce served at the Louisiana booth (Could they have possibly given us a smaller serving?)

Fatty: When Donna and I first stood in line to purchase the gumbo, we hadn't noticed that they had another neato item, such as this. As you all remember from part 1, I LOVE bread pudding. I couldn't wait to eat this.

Donna: Fatty is understating HOW excited he was about finding another new bread pudding to sample. As we entered the line, we overheard the cashier mention that they were VERY low on the bread pudding and that what they had left in the booth was all that was left to be served for the night. Upon hearing this, Fatty became anxious and broke into a sweat like I've never seen. He couldn't even stand still! Every few seconds, he shifted his weight from side to side.

Fatty: How dare you! That's a lie!

Donna: Then why did the cashier ask if you were feeling okay? He saw you sweating!

Fatty: THAT STORY IS PRIVATE!

104_4597.jpg

This is Asiago Pressato, Italy; Manchego, Spain served at The Mouse Catch booth

Donna: As you all know, cheese makes me scream in delight. Asiago, Manchego. I never felt like this before. I first tasted the Asiago, which forced my eyes to roll up in my head. Never before had there been a cheese like this. I would trade away Fatty for a lifetime supply of Asiago. I offered Fatty a taste...

Fatty: I can't review the cheese. As soon as it was placed in my hand, I launched it into the World Showcase Lagoon. Asiago cheese...FORBIDDEN!

Donna: I couldn't believe he did that! I love that cheese! With the asiago all gone, I turned my attention to the manchego. Again, my eyes rolled up in my head. Knowing that Fatty LOVES Mexican food, and that this is a Spanish/Mexican cheese, I figured he would love this one. As it was placed in his hand, it was also launched into the World Showcase Lagoon.

Fatty: Manchego cheese...ALSO FORBIDDEN!!

104_4740.jpg

Cinnamon raisin bagel served at ???

Fatty: I can't remember where I purchased this. The only thing I know is that Florida is hot. I felt like I was sweating off pounds by the minute. I had to carry around a constant bagel just to keep myself up. This is one of six bagels I purchased during the trip. If you haven't had a Disney bagel yet, let me say this: SUPER FABULOUS YUMMO! They make me giddy, like a school girl.

Donna: School GIRL? Okay......Notice in the picture that Disney only includes 2 cream cheese schmears. Everyone knows you need at least 4 (2 per half). TIP: If you ask for extra, most attendants will give it to you for free.

104_4702.jpg

This is the honey and spice cookie served at the Athens, Greece booth

Fatty: ....

Donna: ...

100_1522.jpg

This is the sausage pizza served at the Bologna, Italy booth

Fatty: With memories of Mama Melrose's still lingering, olive oil soaked chicken parmesan and olive soaked flatbreads, I couldn't resist one last slice of pizza. But could a pizza NOW compare without the benefit of an olive oil basting? Would it pale in comparison? The answer to this question is, without a doubt, yes. Were it not for Donna, I would not hold this item in such high regard. Donna had the idea to order TWO slices. NO, we did not want to eat two slices of pizza. Ordering the second slice was but a mere tool to ensure that pizza slice #1 was a slice of pure heaven. Tell them how it's done, Donna!

Donna; I knew we didn't have olive oil and I knew without it, the pizza would be dry. My idea was to squeeze the grease from pizza slice #2 (the best part) all over pizza slice #1, transforming it from a pizza slice meant for a mere mortal into something meant for a god.

Fatty: Bravo, Donna! Bravo!

104_4489.jpg

Fish & Chips served at the Yorkshire County Fish Shop (Epcot-World Showcase)

Donna: Fatty and I were about to leave Epcot, but one last thing hit the olfactory nerve before we could leave World Showcase. It was the most unbelievable fish & chips ever served. I could tell you that the fish was incredible. As for Fatty, with as much tarter sauce as he put on his fish (see pic), I don't know if he is qualified to review anything more than just the tarter sauce.

Fatty: Whatever, Donna. DELISH!!!

Rainforest Cafe (Downtown Disney)

100_1467.jpg

Blue Mountain Chicken Sandwich

Donna: After eating ourselves silly at the Food and Wine Festival, we headed to the Rainforest Cafe. I know most people don't like this place, but we LOVE it. LOVE IT. We both always order the same thing. The blue mountain chicken sandwich (topped with the spicy safari sauce). Fatty, experiencing a momentary lapse in sanity, decided that rather than order an appetizer, he would like to try one of their side salads.

Fatty:...

Donna: So the side salad comes out and Fatty takes a bite. Now, for those of you who don't know Fatty, he wouldn't eat lettuce if it were deep-fried in chocolate sauce. One bite later, Fatty screams, "Take it away! Somebody, quick, bring me some spicy safari sauce!"

113-1.JPG

Donna: The waitress ran over with a small bowl of safari sauce, which Fatty put to his lips and downed like it was a shot of whiskey. This caused Fatty's lips to purse and his eyes to roll up in his head. He then screamed, "Vile lettuce!". Fatty caused quite a scene. I can't take him anywhere.

Fatty: I am so ashamed...

That is all for now. Part 4 will be posted soon. For now, please enjoy Fatty's park photography. Thanks for reading! My name is Fatty McButter Pants and I've gotta go eat!

Photo~17.jpg

104_4430.jpg

100_1538.jpg

100_1713.jpg

121-1.JPG

130-1.JPG

136-1.JPG

104_4532.jpg

Next time on Fatty McButter Pants' food reviews: We finally find out who throws up, and who splits their pants. Fatty Mcbutter Pants realizes that there is nothing more to life than food, while an overstuffed Donna Triple Chin questions whether this much eating is good for her health, causing a rift in their relationship. How will it end? Find out on Fatty Mcbutter Pants Food Reviews Part 4 ---- COMING SOON!!!!!

-- Fatty -- There are some people asking to see pics of Donna and I. Unfortunately, we really don't have any pics to show (we aren't picture people). Just know this... I look like a heavy Tom Cruise.

--Donna-- Fatty, you look like a heavy John Candy

--Fatty-- Let anyone who will attend the 2009 Food and Festival be the judge. Donna Triple Chin and I will attend in late October this year and any reader can judge whether I am more Tom Cruise or John Candy.

Another fine installment Fatty and Donna. Thanks!

You guys crack me up. It's laugh out loud time. I so appreciate your reviews and now I don't feel like such a pig....even when my husband says things like 'wow you sure ate that fast'. duh

I'm cracking up in a quiet library, and I blame you, Fatty.

I'm really sad that I'll be gone by the end of October, it's now my goal in life to meet the two of you.

There is NOTHING like a good belly laugh for your health....thank you for keeping me "active" today:lmao:

Subbing!!!!!

Fatty, how could you waste good cheese like that??? :confused:
Did you guys not order the trifecta of cheese at the cheese kiosk? You missed out on my favorite of the cheeses, a cheese called Dorothea. I love Manchego (got some in the fridge now, as a matter of fact), but I loved that Dorothea
cheese way more! :lovestruc

Great reviews, and thanks for reminding me why I always skip the Italy kiosk. :thumbsup2

Oh, and I don't think I'll see you if you're coming in late October. My trip ends October 19. Feel free to use the Gluttoberfest signature pic if you want it.

So, you didn't care for the honey and spice cookie, I take it.

Who orders a cookie that doesn't have chocolate in it, anyway??:goodvibes

Those fingers in the truffle chocolate cake pic look suspiciously slender. I think you guys are conning us all and you are really model thin.

LOVE the reviews. LOVE the pictures! Thanks for posting!! I look forward to the next installment. I read your reviews out loud to my husband. We both howled.

I'd love to participate in ANY eating challenge, however, Donna and I won't arrive until October 26th. Here's an idea: You keep track of all the scrumptious Food & Wine Festival items you eat and Donna and I will do the same. We will compare notes when we return. I'd be willing to bet our list will be twice as long. After all, they don't call me Fatty McButter Pants for nothing!

I can't believe I'm just finding you guys! Really enjoyed reading about your eating adventures. Pictures of the food has me drooling and quite hungry. The stories made me laugh. And the park pictures were wonderful. Very entertaining on all counts. :)

I'll read the other threads on those to come! Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter