Father: Costumed 'Tigger' Hit His Son

Found his address on the web- debating whether to send a note to this guy stating he should be ashamed of himself. Looking for opinions- should I or shouldn't I?:confused3

P.S. It would not have any foul language or threats of any kind- that would be uncalled for and unnecessary on my part.
Why? What would it accomplish? It's not like he is going to get mail and a lightbulb is going to go off and he will be a better person for it.

I think it is unnecessary to contact him.

SamIAm21- good point. I certainly don't want anyone to have sympathy for him. It might be viewed as good for him and I certainly don't want that.

Does this guy (the dad) realize what he is doing? He has three young children- what is he teaching them? Lie and you'll get lots of money?

poohandwendy- yeah, I guess I thought maybe a light would go off. It would for me, but then again I would not have filed a lawsuit in the first place. The dad has probably been an idiot from the beginning and a little letter from me won't change that.

If all they want is an apology, they've admitted they got one from Disney. They want one from Tigger. They've not gotten it. So, why don't they sue Tigger instead of Disney? Money? But, they aren't in it for money.

poohandwendy- yeah, I guess I thought maybe a light would go off. It would for me, but then again I would not have filed a lawsuit in the first place. The dad has probably been an idiot from the beginning and a little letter from me won't change that.
Bingo. If he were the type that could be reached by shame, he would never have done this in the first place.

Does anyone have a link to where any legal documents have been filed or where there is a clip of the attorney saying he's bringing this case for $4m? Just curious because I'm not sure that they've gotten an attorney to take the case and ask for $4m. Attorneys can get into serious trouble for bringing frivolous lawsuits. (And an attorney would be stupid to ask a client to lie about something. Like bytheblood said, I don't think the attorney would be money-hungry enough to risk losing his license to practice.)

As much as this is upsetting to all us Disney fans, I think we should just let justice take it's course. Remember the last suit against Tigger didn't hold water either. Disney has good legal counsel and I'm sure it isn't more than nuisance to them.
Disney has been very sucessful in defending lawsuits in Florida. The kid is going to have to sue Disney in Orlando because that is where the accident occured

My favorite story (I am not sure if this is true) is that some lady sued WDW over damage to her ear drums from the Livings Seas' hydrolators. She claimed that going up 90 feet in thise devices hurt her ears. Of course, the hydrolators only go up four or five inches and so this lawsuit did not go anywhere

Disney has been very sucessful in defending lawsuits in Florida. The kid is going to have to sue Disney in Orlando because that is where the accident occured

My favorite story (I am not sure if this is true) is that some lady sued WDW over damage to her ear drums from the Livings Seas' hydrolators. She claimed that going up 90 feet in thise devices hurt her ears. Of course, the hydrolators only go up four or five inches and so this lawsuit did not go anywhere
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: OMG, that is hilarious!

There's a link a few pages back to an interview with the dad, boy AND their lawyer. I think the interviewer was Hannah...Strom? the boy doesn't look so willing to talk in that interview and dad can't keep his story straight. Lawyer says a few things but by the time he opened his mouth I was to sick to my stomach to pay attention.

The $4mil figure came from someone who posted their lawyer neighbor said that's what the suit was filed for. If that is the figure, they're probably banking on Disney settling for less.

But anyone with eyes can view the video, including the rarely shown end bitpolice report where no injury was found, the hospital records that are not public will show the extent of the injury and possible cause (if any) and with ears hear the possibly incriminating edited out beginning audio, the dad admitting 'at first I thought Jerry was doing something to Tigger' and the dad changing his story within not only different interviews, but the same ones as well.

Does anyone have a link to where any legal documents have been filed or where there is a clip of the attorney saying he's bringing this case for $4m? Just curious because I'm not sure that they've gotten an attorney to take the case and ask for $4m.

In one instance I feel bad for the kid - Kids can be insanely cruel and he's got to go back to school. Thanks to dear old dad, Jr is going to be put up with a LOT more crap than he may already put up with. he doesn't have the look of a kid who hangs with the popular crowd or any type of crowd that would 'have his back', more of a loner. He'll probably return to school to find his locker plastered with Tigger stickers, hand drawn cartoons of the incident and kids passing him in the hall saying 'Woo Hoo Hoo' or 'Hey Monaco watch out, my kid sister's gonna be Tigger for Halloween this year and she's got a mean left jab' All becuase his dad's an a$$. I hope Disney does NOT pay them a cent, but if they get anything out of it I hope they put it towards the therepy this kids gonna need to help cope.

On the other hand, I don't feel sorry for him at all. Yeah, dad's an overbearing pushy jerk, but come on - he knows what awaits him at school, own up, miraculously get better or something. Get a spine! Show your dad what it means to 'be a man'.

I also notice the mom and younger two aren't involved. Hopefully she's working on him to make it less public (though the dad seems to type that you can't change their mind and are always right). I don't think anyone has to worry about them ever returning to Disney though. The two little boys are going to grow up hearing that Tigger 'sucker punched' their brother and they are going to see the video as often as dad shows it with that commentary that they'll grow up believing it and not return of their own accord because they'll believe it's an inherantly evil place where *employees* are allowed to treat people like that. That's what those two poor little boys are going to grow up having pounded into their heads.

Tigger almost lost his job because of the father's actions. Kid probably pulled on something on Tiggers costume aand TIgger pulled free. It even looks like they gave each other an "it's cool" kinda gesture after. It was the dad that kicked it up a notch.

Even "good" teens have been testing their limits for thousands of years. I definitly am not saying that the kid was correct in his actions, I am saying that a parent's job is to teach the kid real boundries. This parent taught the kid a different lesson.

That kind of behavior is expected to some degree, I did not say tolerated. The grownups need to act responsible and tether the kids in. I never would consider my statements to mean that I would encourage the behavior. I don't. But my very well behaved courteous almost 13 year old does occasioonally test his limits and I correct his actions. He learns consequence of his actions. But expecting that he never try to push those limits? I don't think so.

I am not questioning your parenting, I am sure you are a fine parent. My point is I don't think we should just sluff this off as a typical teenage prank, excusing it because of his age is like telling this kid, well it is expected. Regardless of what his father has done the teens actions were IMO not just a prank. I wonder if a teen came to your place of employment put his hands on you and when you try to prevent yourself from being injured you were accused of assaulting him and were suspended from your job-would you still call this a prank? No harm no foul?

This was more than a prank to me before the dad escalated it. If you remember someone from Disney contacted the dad prior to him giving t.v. interviews and stated they had dealt strongly with the cast member. This kid put the mans job in jeopardy. Yeah the idiot father made it worse but I don't think saying he is fourteen so it is expected is ok. I know some teens will test limits but to me putting your hands on someone you don't know while they are trying to do their job, instigating a altercation is a little more than a prank. JMHO

Further proof this family are a bunch of money hungry idiots.

Wonder why the previous Tigger isn't employed by Disney though. Did he get fired as a result of all the lawsuits? Although, who would want that job after that treatment right??

The previous Tigger was reinstated but then fired a second time for another similar incident.

Ok, the DIS ate my post so I'll try and rewrite.

On the topic of this lawyer "lying". . . it's VERY easy to get around that. *warning! Communication geek coming through!* The only people that need to lie are the family. It just takes a little manipulation of your words on the lawyer's part to make sure he gets the right results without lying.

"So you weren't doing a thing except trying to get a picture with Tigger like you've longed to do your whole life?"
That's right Mr. Lawyer!
"And Tigger punched you without any provocation at all?"
That's right Mr. Lawyer!
"And you think that Tigger was mad at his handler, and the little girl before, right?"
That's right Mr. Lawyer!
"Ooh, Jr! Your cheek looks a little pink!"
That's right Mr. Lawyer! It's still red and swollen!
"Are you having any pain? Maybe in your neck? Do you have full range of motion or does it get too sore when it gets about right here?"
Wellll, ya know. .it is sore! And ya know what. .. I just can't make it turn past that point! You're right!

It's all about leading questions. Word the question in such a way that the answers you want and need are given to the family - they lie, and you don't. . . after all, you're only basing your case on what the client told you. THey aren't your words - they're your clients'!

Nice clarification, Goofy. I agree there are ways around everything. And if there is a legal loophole, you can find a lawyer willing to squeeze through it!

Did you all read the Mouse Matters on the DIS homepage? Very interesting...

Thank you MyGoofy for validating what I said! I have enough of those people in my family, on the soccer team and as neighbors to understand how the process works!!

I could swear to you an Alligator bit a hole in my butt and you could tell a million people - but only I am the liar...you are repeating what you were told.

I can honestly say, my family are different types of lawyers or else I might not claim them. :teeth:

I just want to say that I feel so bad for him right now (Tigger). He is a great guy and does not deserve this.

I just replied to another thread regarding this and have officially named them the Moron-aco family. Just seems to fit, doesn't it?

OK, jumping into this a little late, but here is my .02 worth. I watched one of the links of the video and noticed that Tigger very calmly had his arm draped over the boy posing for a pic, then he jerked suddenly to grab the boys arm. To me that suggests all was well, Tigger was doing his job posing for pics until the boy did something to him.

If this does go to court (I hope Disney won't settle to make it go away) I would think it would be re-played over and over in slo mo and hopefully it will be obvious the boy made a move he shouldn't have and Tigger was only protecting himself.

I also wonder if someone out there could have other video of the "incident". Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone was taping something else behind them and got a pic of the kid from the back? That would probably shut down this case real fast!!!

Doesn't it seem like Dad likes being interviewed just a bit too much? This is the biggest thing that's probably ever happened in his sorry life - he is not only going to milk it for whatever $$$ he can get, but for whatever attention he can get. This is his big moment in the sun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter