Father: Costumed 'Tigger' Hit His Son

I didn't see this link posted earlier..about the union rep saying what the CM's take was

http://www.wftv.com/news/10697738/detail.html

It is so obvious the kid was doing something, he was standing an odd distance away from Tigger, reaches his hand around, does something, Tigger quickly lowers his arm and arm locks the kid and then swats the kid away. If he had really wanted to hit the kid hard I doubt the kid would have still been laughing.
I assume the kid was trying to open the costume or something..what is Tigger suppose to do allow a herd of 5 year olds see inside just because some ignorant kid wants to have a little fun at Tiggers expense?
I think Tigger handled himself quite well. I suspect I would have hit a lot harder and gotten my message across better

I didn't see this link posted earlier..about the union rep saying what the CM's take was

It is so obvious the kid was doing something, he was standing an odd distance away from Tigger, reaches his hand around, does something, Tigger quickly lowers his arm and arm locks the kid and then swats the kid away. If he had really wanted to hit the kid hard I doubt the kid would have still been laughing.
I assume the kid was trying to open the costume or something..what is Tigger suppose to do allow a herd of 5 year olds see inside just because some ignorant kid wants to have a little fun at Tiggers expense?
I think Tigger handled himself quite well. I suspect I would have hit a lot harder and gotten my message across better

In this video, if you blow it up to full screen you can see for a split second the boys hand (black glove) up at the back of Tiggers head just before Tigger reacts. He was CLEARLY doing something.

thanks for that pickles!

i can not believe that they gave the kid CODEINE for a neck problem!! i got whiplash from a car accident, and they gave me motrin. the only time i EVER got precribed codeine was for a horrible cough that i couldn't get rid of after a few months. i find it highly unlikely that they prescribed him that. doctor's don't like prescribing it unless it's absoutly necessary.

and the "neck" pain. please!! i'm sure he was riding on all the rides that day and that could be one cause for his "neck" paid. the other cause?? he was lying.

Dont you find it odd that the kid is wearing what looks like leather gloves? Whats up with that?
So many lawyers so little time. :rolleyes1

Dont you find it odd that the kid is wearing what looks like leather gloves? Whats up with that?
So many lawyers so little time. :rolleyes1

Where do you guys see this gloves? My eyes are not the best at catching those details. I don't know why he would be wearing gloves because the first days of January have been rather nice for no need of winter clothing.

I just stumbled across this thread and skimmed through. If I miss the point, I apologize.

Okay, the costumes CM's where are big and bulky. Maybe it was a new CM and he was a little clumsy in the suit. or, maybe it was an ACCIDENT! Geesh, people. You need to mellow. I doubt Tigger purposly assaulted your son.

When we were at MGM, a power ranger accidentlly smacked my 9 year old brother upside the head. it was an ACCIDENT! The Ranger patted The Boy's head and apperaed sorry. We all laughed about it and still joke about it.

Disney is the place where dreams come true. Maybe this Dad should try a little pixie dust instead of the crack? *LOL*

Here it is:

http://www.local6.com/news/10694041/detail.html

Was it the newscasters voice or his mothers?

Did you notice in this clip there is a lady pushing a stroller who has a perfect view behind Tigger and the kid? I wonder if she saw what the kid was doing right before this happened? It would be interesting if someone did see what happened back there and could verify if indeed the kid was trying to pull off his head or unzip his costume. Can't believe any real doctor would prescribe this kid codeine for that incident, a narcotic for heaven's sake. Are you kidding me! My son had a broken femur and was prescribed codeine. My DS14 would be completely humiliated if this was his 15 minutes of fame. Still wishing we lived in Greeneville so I could see hear about the other student's reactions at his school. ;)

Not that I support the kid or anything... so no flamers... but do you honestly believe it is better for a kid to see Tigger HIT A KID than to see his costume unzipped a little. Come on people! My DD was 3 on her first Disney trip, and would have been terrified if she saw that! I would much rather her see a little of the person in the costume, and know it was a costume, than have her believe the "real Tigger" beats up kids! I do think Tigger was defending himself... I'm just glad my kid didn't see it!

I've been following along and haven't said much but it doesn't seem to be brought up but in one of the videos I saw, you saw the follow through with Tigger's hand and it is going directly to the boys arm that is behind him, so basically as Tigger was turning around to grab the boy's left hand that was doing something he shouldn't have been doing to remove it, the boys face gets in the way and gets brushed with the paw.

Am I the only one who sees the follow-through of Tigger's arm motion?

Just from reading it seems people are seeing Tigger slap the boy but they don't see him continue the motion and grab the boy's left arm with his arm that hit the boy, so it's obvious he was going for the arm, not for a slap.

He doesn't just STOP at the boy's face as if to slap him, he's really going for the left arm to remove it. At least that is what *I* see and the entire time the boy IS smiling, almost laughing.

I'll have to go back and look to see if I can find which video it was. I saw, boy comes into frame, puts his left arm behind Tigger, Tigger puts his right arm down basically locking the boy's left arm in place so it doesn't continue to do whatever it was doing, then swings around with his right arm to remove the boy's left arm and in the process the boy's face gets in the way.

Are they serious? An apology means money I'm sure.

And the accent??? Please tell me we don't sound like that in NE...:rotfl2:

People always make fun of us and always know where we are from, but is it that bad? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

He sounds like a transplant from the Boston area - I can say that because I live here!

I've been following along and haven't said much but it doesn't seem to be brought up but in one of the videos I saw, you saw the follow through with Tigger's hand and it is going directly to the boys arm that is behind him, so basically as Tigger was turning around to grab the boy's left hand that was doing something he shouldn't have been doing to remove it, the boys face gets in the way and gets brushed with the paw.

Just from reading it seems people are seeing Tigger slap the boy but they don't see him continue the motion and grab the boy's left arm with his arm that hit the boy, so it's obvious he was going for the arm, not for a slap.

He doesn't just STOP at the boy's face as if to slap him, he's really going for the left arm to remove it. At least that is what *I* see and the entire time the boy IS smiling, almost laughing.

I'll have to go back and look to see if I can find which video it was. I saw, boy comes into frame, puts his left arm behind Tigger, Tigger puts his right arm down basically locking the boy's left arm in place so it doesn't continue to do whatever it was doing, then swings around with his right arm to remove the boy's left arm and in the process the boy's face gets in the way.

I thought the EXACT same thing! I also listened closely and heard the father saying "go for it" at the start which makes me wonder if they had a plan to do something to Tigger they thought would be funny. I'd love to see the father take a polygraph. I hope they wind up having to pay Disney's lawyer fees for what you know will be a lawsuit looking for $$$ and lifetime passes.

Not that I support the kid or anything... so no flamers... but do you honestly believe it is better for a kid to see Tigger HIT A KID than to see his costume unzipped a little. Come on people! My DD was 3 on her first Disney trip, and would have been terrified if she saw that! I would much rather her see a little of the person in the costume, and know it was a costume, than have her believe the "real Tigger" beats up kids! I do think Tigger was defending himself... I'm just glad my kid didn't see it!

I think you are comparing apples to oranges.

Unzipped tigger suit vs Tigger slugging a kid on purpose? No debate -easy call

Tigger was more than likely protecting him (her)self....reports seem to indicate that what the teen was doing was making it difficult to breath - I think it looks like Tigger was trying to free up the hold.

I wanna see the whole video with sound.

For tigger--that could easily be explained as playful banter since they he did folllow it up wiht concern for the boy and the boy was laughing.

I think it would be MORE traumatic to see Tigger flop to the ground passed out b/c someone cut off his air and then have to be carried off.

Not a flame--just my 2 cents.

Yes that is exactly what happens I think.

As far as whether kids would be more traumatized seeing Tigger getting unzipped or thunking a kid..I guess it would depend on the kid. However, I bet it would put a message out there one better not mess with Tigger!
Isn't like the kid in this instance wasn't old enough to know better...course with the way his dad is, maybe he hasn't had a very good example.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter