Father: Costumed 'Tigger' Hit His Son

My ZoeJane,

I don't think we are allowed to post personal info about someone else on this board. Maybe you should go back and edit your post and remove the man's name and address.

Sorry... it was information that was very easily found on zabasearch... I thought public info was fair but if I was wrong... I hope I didn't get the DIS in trouble!

Something I noticed...

While Tigger appears to swing around with an open hand, the kid has a fist. Now, WHY would someone naturally have a fist if they weren't defensive about something they were doing?

It's a real shame that the Union had to be the one to stick up for Michael Fedelem, and not Disney.

It's safe to say that I'm not a fan of unions, but in this case, I'm glad someone's supporting Tigger. However, it SHOULD be Disney.

This entire thing is rediculous IMO. The worst part for me is that I had no idea it had happened & was watching the news with the kids when they came on and started talking about the person who wears the Tigger costume. I don't think DD listened the first time but DS sure was thinking. They asked me tonight who is inside Tigger then what. I told them that Tigger has a heart, brain, guts...just like everyone else. That is the truth anyway. ;) I would hate to see this idiot ruin that part of the magic for many kids who saw it on the news. :(

BTW...maybe I should review the video of DD with Pluto at Chef Mickey's last month. He tickled her & tackled her when she was on the floor he started licking her while she giggled all the while.

I see hate mail coming their way now.

Did you catch the means of attack? "Hand*Fists*Feet". Feet?!?!?!?!?

Not sure how appropriate this is to post, but saw this posted on another thread - it's the Sherrif's Office incident report
http://www.local6.com/download/2007/0108/10698289.pdf
Very interesting read!

For those that don't want to pull it up, here's the text of the "narrative" portion. . . the rest is pretty personal info so I won't include that.

On 1/05/07 at approx. 2200 hrs this writer met with Mr. Jerry Monaco Sr. at 250 West Colonial Drive in reference to a battery to his son. Mr. Monaco advised that he was spending the day at the Disney MGM Studios Theme Park with his family. At approx. 1230 hrs. they were waiting to have their picture taken with Tigger. As their time came, he backed away to take some video when he saw a struggle between the Tigger performer and his son, Jerry.

Upon reviewing the tape he stated he could see the performer grabbed his son's arm and pulled him back, the performer then punched Jerry on the right side of the face.

The incident was reported to Disney's General Manager Jan-Erik Redruff and Shawn Slater the entertainment manager.

Mr. Monaco advised his son is complaining of some neck pain and there was some redness on the side of his face.

This writer spoke with Deputy Finlay (361) who responded to the incident earlier in the day. She advised the Tigger performer advised he had lost sight of his spotter during the photo shoot. He felt someone come up to his right side. The person then put their arm over Tigger's shoulder pulling his costume back and knocking him off balance. The head portion of the costume pulled back making it hard for him to breathe so he left the area to get the costume adjusted.

On some websites you can find a little more footage. It appears that after Tigger stabilizes himself, because I really do believe he was losing his balance, he grabs the boy's hands in a handshake kind of motion, then gives the boy's head a fuzzy, playful rub. Certainly not like he was angry in any way.

The boy, severly injured as he was, kept on smilin' the whole time. :sad2:

Oh, brother! What are the chances that Tigger really hauled off and belted a kid? If this was the second complaint about the same CM, ok, that would be suspicious. But, come on! If it had been my kid there would have had to have been absolutely no doubt to anyone who saw it that it was intentional. Otherwise, it would have been best for all concerned (including an upset child) to pass it off as an accident. I can't remember how old this man's son was, but if he was old enough to know that the character is a person in a costume, we would have had a talk about how hard it is to see in that thing, and left it at that.

Was the guy videotaping the whole time, or did he pick up his camera when it began to look ugly to him? What parent would do that? You might start videotaping, but if it really looked as if Tigger was turning mean, you'd drop that camera pretty fast to stop an assault on your kid, not stay behind the camera to get it all on "the record".

Wasn't anyone else around? Has anyone come forward with any sort of, non-biased, eyewitness account?

Jess

I guess I see too much Disney footage...I thought they were at MK. I guess my brain put a castle behind them that isn't there. :confused3 (yes, I'm not joking--just how I see things sometimes)

Wasn't anyone else around? Has anyone come forward with any sort of, non-biased, eyewitness account?

Jess

Chances are that guests who may have witnessed this are busy enjoying their vacation and may not have heard about this....or they saw it happen...but heard about this incident and wondered..."how in the world would Tigger ever do something like that". IOW--they haven't put 2 + 2 together yet.

For those interested in hearing about the costume here a link to a station that interviewed a former CM that talks about the costume.

Parents do not listen with your the little ones around.

Anyone else think these people are really going to end up regretting ever doing this. There home & work addresses and phone numbers are now public record being displayed all over the internet with a whole lot of very upset Disney fans to see. If he works for someone rather than owning his own company he may be looking for a new job due to all of the phone calls the company is likely to receive.

Lesson to all:
Don't Mess with Disney!!!!!!!!

Lori

I hope it comes back to bite them in the you-know-what.

I would also not be surprised if someone starts a Free Tigger or Save Tigger website, tshirts, bumper stickers, etc. Any takers? lol

First of all that father is 33! :scared1: OMG I though he was like 45-wow being sour really ages you. Anyway, did you all see the video clip of the father saying "how hard did he hit you" and then the mother?/a lady's voice says "oh please, you were probably pulling on his tail or something." I will try to find the link!

Hey- don't blame the dad. Blame the judicial system. He could get booku bucks out of this one.

Remember the woman who put hot McDonalds coffee :coffee: between her legs, got burned and then won a judgement of $2.7 million? (Which was later lowered to $500,000). Gee, if that had happened to me, I would have thought to myself: "What an idiot you are for putting hot coffee between your legs!" :furious:

This family is AT LEAST going to get a free trip out of this one, first class all the way. The GF concierge level, dinner every night at Victoria and Albertas, Spa treatments, a spot in the parade. And he may even end up with millions. :sad2:

We may have the best judicial system in the world but it's far from perfect. This dad is what is wrong with America. And Disney is what's right!:wizard:

Gee, won't they feel a teensy bit out of place wearing all their matching sleeveless wife-beater tee shirts at V&A's? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter