Fastpasses when upgrading to AP

padkins

Earning My Ears
I apologize if this has been answered. I looked, and could not find an answer.
We are staying 14 days at Pop Century and have 10 days Parkhopper. We plan to upgrade to an annual pass when we get there, but were told we could lose our fastpass selections.
Has anyone upgraded early in your trip, and if so, did you lose your fastpass selections?

We can wait until the end of the week if we need to, but we will have four days off (14 day stay with 10 days tickets), so we thought if we upgrade early since we have free dining, we may go to a park and have dinner and see a show on the off days if we have already upgraded.

I apologize if this has been answered. I looked, and could not find an answer.
We are staying 14 days at Pop Century and have 10 days Parkhopper.
1. We plan to upgrade to an annual pass when we get there,
2. but were told we could lose our fastpass selections.
3. Has anyone upgraded early in your trip, and if so,
4. did you lose your fastpass selections?
5. We can wait until the end of the week if we need to, but we will have four days off (14 day stay with 10 days tickets), so we thought if we upgrade early since we have free dining, we may go to a park and have dinner and see a show on the off days if we have already upgraded.
1. Good plan!
2. Nope.
3. Yes. Dozens and dozens of reports over the years.
4. No.
5. No need (in fact, that would be losing AP benefits that you can surely use during your trip.

Your FPs will be FINE.

Thank you for your quick and helpful response. I can make Fastpass selections this week and want to choose our days "off" wisely. I know we won't have Fastpasses for those four days but would love to have dinner for free somewhere besides our resort. Thank you again!

If you call the Annual Passholder Help Line and tell them you are planning to upgrade to an annual pass upon arrival they can adjust your MDE account so that you can make Fast Passes for your entire 14 day stay. i had an 8 day base ticket that i was going to upgrade to an annual pass upon arrival for my 10 day stay. I was able to get Fast Passes for my entire stay.
i learned this on a Chat on the website. You have to ask for a Key Card. The annual passholder help line is 407-560-7277.

I’m confused, I thought AP could only make 7 days of FP at a time?

Or is this rule waived for first time upgrades/onsight stays?

Upgraded last spring on day 1 before entering the parks and had no issues with my FPs (granted I carry a screen shot if the app loses them - had that happen once and guest relations rebuilt them for me with a few extra for the issues)

I upgraded early to be sure to get all my PhotoPass pics as I was the only one in the group with an AP

If you call the Annual Passholder Help Line and tell them you are planning to upgrade to an annual pass upon arrival they can adjust your MDE account so that you can make Fast Passes for your entire 14 day stay. i had an 8 day base ticket that i was going to upgrade to an annual pass upon arrival for my 10 day stay. I was able to get Fast Passes for my entire stay.
i learned this on a Chat on the website. You have to ask for a Key Card. The annual passholder help line is 407-560-7277.

Oh perfect. I am staying for 2 weeks in December and am upgrading a 7 day base ticket.

I've never heard of this before.

But, it's not too surprising that it is not commonly known.
That's because MOST times, guests will already have tickets that cover their entire stay,
and have FPs booked to cover those days.
(Why would they not?)

So, they can just upgrade to AP early in the trip and automatically keep their booked FPs.
It would also stand to reason that they would have bought tickets to cover their entire stay
when they know that they will be upgrading to AP, as that way those longer length
tickets would then cover more of the cost of the AP upgrade.

This is especially true if the guest had bought longer-length tickets from a discounter
and saved even more money, as longer length tickets often carry a greater discount...
and that discount can be "kept" when upgrading to AP through "price-bridging."

I've never heard of this before.

I just learned this recently. We have a rare onsite visit in a few months during the silver pass blackout and the other person in my party is going to upgrade from a silver to a gold pass. I called to see what our options were for reserving fp at the 60 day mark. The cast member escalated the issue and a few minutes later said something had been put on her account (couldn’t make out what he said) and she could make fp for the two days we have a resort reservation. We didn’t have any issues booking the fp for both days on day 60.

I just learned this recently. We have a rare onsite visit in a few months during the silver pass blackout and the other person in my party is going to upgrade from a silver to a gold pass. I called to see what our options were for reserving fp at the 60 day mark. The cast member escalated the issue and a few minutes later said something had been put on her account (couldn’t make out what he said) and she could make fp for the two days we have a resort reservation. We didn’t have any issues booking the fp for both days on day 60.

Thanks, good info.
But, I don't see this situation falling into the discussion about a guest having only standard tickets in MDX
(and having future plans to upgrade to AP during the trip)
but asking the AP Helpline to allow that guest to book additional advanced FPs as if the guest already had an AP.

In your example (as I interpret it,) you received the standard ability to book FPs at 60 days out based on having a WDW resort stay for your upcoming trip.
This would be extended to anyone in your party (on or connected to your MDX account) who had valid tickets in their account.

Last edited:
As far as adding Fast Passes when planning an upgrade to an AP, my situation was we had originally planned a nine day stay in June and purchased an 8 day base ticket. We then talked about returning in December and an AP made sense. We then found out airfares leaving a day earlier were significantly cheaper so now we no had a 10 day stay with only an 8 day base ticket. That's why i inquired about Fast Passes for the extra days. We originally had not planned on visiting a park on our arrival day but with an AP we now will. That's how we ended up with a ticket that didn't match our stay.

As far as adding Fast Passes when planning an upgrade to an AP, my situation was we had originally planned a nine day stay in June and purchased an 8 day base ticket. We then talked about returning in December and an AP made sense. We then found out airfares leaving a day earlier were significantly cheaper so now we no had a 10 day stay with only an 8 day base ticket. That's why i inquired about Fast Passes for the extra days. We originally had not planned on visiting a park on our arrival day but with an AP we now will. That's how we ended up with a ticket that didn't match our stay.

Yup.
Sounds good.
Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter