• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

fastpasses - what I didn't know...

duckyfordonald

<font color=blue>OK - I'm ready for some more fun!
Just returned from 9 wonderful days at WDW - wanted to pass on something new that I had learned about fastpasses (maybe I'm the only one that didn't already know!)

When I got fastpasses for our family (myself, DH, DS8, DS2) I only got three fastpasses using our park tickets. I didn't get one for DS2 because he didn't have a park ticket. When we tried to ride Test Track using our Fast Passes we were told that DS2 (who easily met the height requirement, very tall for his age) couldn't ride because he didn't have a fast pass. We explained why we didn't have one for DS2 and she again stated that ALL riders MUST have a fast pass. Apparently you need to ask the CM at the fast pass machines for a fast pass for children under 3 who plan to ride. After we received the "lecture", she did let us go ahead and ride, but told us to be sure to have a fast pass for him for future rides. It makes good sense, I just hadn't realized it - so hopefully this info. will help out someone else with a similar situation!

I didn't know that either. Thats good to know.

Count me in as someone who didn't know that. I don't have any children, but that is good for people who do. It seems to me like they should post that at the fastpass machines if it is not already. Good tip!

hmm.. so you were able to get such a thing?

i don't think that's really supposed to be the case. it also doesn't make sense as it would then allow you to obtain FPs for attractions a 2 year old couldn't possibly go on as well.

This must be a new policy. When DS3 was 2, we never used a FP for him. Sometimes we'd get him a voided one because he thought you needed a ticket to ride each ride. Even with those, the CM would just smile when we'd explain it to them, not one ever told us that you had to have a FP for a child 2 or under.

It might be interesting to get the official word from Disney. Perhaps it was a Test Track thing, because you aren't going to have very many 2-year-olds that are able to ride that attraction. So maybe it's possible a CM working that ride isn't completely familiar with the policy for the little ones? Just a thought.

(EDIT)Now that I think about it, DS2mos did not have a FP a couple weeks ago, and we were never told he needed one. The rest of us used FPs with him, while riding: Pooh, Peter Pan, Buzz, Jungle Cruise, The Land, and Maelstrom.

We explained why we didn't have one for DS2 and she again stated that ALL riders MUST have a fast pass. Apparently you need to ask the CM at the fast pass machines for a fast pass for children under 3 who plan to ride.

Hogwash!

Unless they JUST changed this, that is bogus info and the CM was wrong.

If it were TRUE, they would state this info on the FPs, the FP machines, the FP signs, the FP info on the park maps, etc.

I can't believe that's really the way it is either. What about all the Kiddie type rides that have fast pass? I can't imagine they ask for one at Peter Pan with a small child. I think OP had a cranky Cast Member.

Hogwash!

Unless they JUST changed this, that is bogus info and the CM was wrong.

If it were TRUE, they would state this info on the FPs, the FP machines, the FP signs, the FP info on the park maps, etc.

I agree.

We have never had to have a FP for our kids under 3 and as recently as July my 2yo neice didn't need one for the fp rides. She wasn't tall enough for any of the 40" rides though. My only thought is that since your child is tall the CM may have been doubting his/her age.

Were you able to get those "under 3" Fast Passes for your 2 year old child from the CM's after that incident?

TJ

Things must have changed or you had a misinformed cast member.

We were there in December with DS (2 at the time) and DD (5 months at the time) and we never needed as fast pass for either kid for ANY ride. We mostly went on the fantasy land rides with them and were never stopped or questioned in any way.

I guess maybe that could be true about doubting the age. It is rather tall for someone not yet 3.

I think it may not even be doubting the age, just a ride that would rarely see a child at 2 meeting the height requirement, so the CMs that work with that attraction not realizing a 2-year-old does not need a FP. Heck, at 3 1/2, DS still doesn't meet that 40" requirement.

Just returned from 9 wonderful days at WDW - wanted to pass on something new that I had learned about fastpasses (maybe I'm the only one that didn't already know!)

When I got fastpasses for our family (myself, DH, DS8, DS2) I only got three fastpasses using our park tickets. I didn't get one for DS2 because he didn't have a park ticket. When we tried to ride Test Track using our Fast Passes we were told that DS2 (who easily met the height requirement, very tall for his age) couldn't ride because he didn't have a fast pass. We explained why we didn't have one for DS2 and she again stated that ALL riders MUST have a fast pass. Apparently you need to ask the CM at the fast pass machines for a fast pass for children under 3 who plan to ride. After we received the "lecture", she did let us go ahead and ride, but told us to be sure to have a fast pass for him for future rides. It makes good sense, I just hadn't realized it - so hopefully this info. will help out someone else with a similar situation!

Actually, it makes no sense at all. Would it be that they suspect a 2 year old is trying to skip to the head of the line, alone, by taking advantage of the "no fastpass needed" rule for kids under three. I think you ran into a CM that wasn't informed and was just taking a guess. Common sense is not an over used commodity these days.

Test Track was the only place we encountered this. The CM there was VERY insistent that DS2 needed a FP, even after we explained the situation. I actually didn't think she was even going to let us ride. Maybe it was just the cast of a mis-informed (and yes, cranky!) CM. We never did try to get a FP for DS2 from a CM at the FP machines because the parks really weren't crowded and weren't really needed. So maybe (hopefully) this was just an isolated incident!?

Gee, you learn something new every day, but even my grandchildren are older than 3.

I also suspect this was a misinformed CM. We took our then-2-year-old on many, many FP rides last year and she didn't have a ticket, so no Fastpasses for her.

We've been to WDW 3 times in the past 2 years and we've never needed a FP for our daughter who was under 3.

It doesn't even make any sense.

I don't understand this. If a child under the age of three does not require a ticket and you need a ticket in order to operate the fastpass machine how can said ticketless-under-age-three child get a fastpass. I never would have thought of asking a CM for a FP for my under age ticketless three year old.

QUOTE=LilGMom;20851480]I don't understand this. If a child under the age of three does not require a ticket and you need a ticket in order to operate the fastpass machine how can said ticketless-under-age-three child get a fastpass. I never would have thought of asking a CM for a FP for my under age ticketless three year old.[/QUOTE]

:surfweb: I agree, it makes no sense to require a FP for a rider who dose not require a ticket to enter the parks and ride :confused:

I'm sorry, but this is confusing to me as well....:confused3

We've been to DW twice with our DD (both times she was under the age of 3) and we've never been asked for a FP for her.

It just doesn't make sense....:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter