• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpass ??

Goofyta

Mouseketeer
I was reading the 2006 Birnbaum for kids and it said that the Fastpass may be free for Deluxe resort guests, but may cost other resort guests starting 2006. Has anyone heard about this?

There have been some rumors about changes coming, but I hadn't heard this particular one.

If Disney does that I will hang my head in shame, because even though I have the luxury of having 1/2 off hotels, before I worked for the company I NEVER could afford the deluxe resorts - even AKL - and I would NEVER pay for a Fastpass .... they better watch it.... that would be a big big mistake... ...

All I have to say is that if I have to pay for it, I better be able to get one for every attraction at any time I want it with no waiting for another fastpass.

You have to pay for the Universal/Islands of Adventure version of the Fastpass now, but you just purchase it and then you can by pass ALL the lines.

You have to pay for the Universal/Islands of Adventure version of the Fastpass now, but you just purchase it and then you can by pass ALL the lines.
This isn't quite true. At Universal/IOA you have three options - stay on site and show your room key to go in the Express Pass line, as often as you want. You don't get to bypass the Express Pass line if it has backed up. There are a couple of rides that don't have Express Pass where you are allowed to enter via the exit.
Second option is to purchase an Express Pass booklet that lets you ride each ride once at the park where you purchased the booklet. Again you go in the Express Pass line. Since they don't always collect the Express Passes, some people have ridden more that once on a pass. But the intent is once per ride.
The third option is the free Express Passes which work similarly to Fastpasses. During slow times they may have these machines turned off as they have recently. That does not mean that they will not be turned back on during busy times. They do tend to run out of passes pretty early in the day.

I've only done Universal while staying on site and the access with the key card is great. But I have stood in a few Express pass lines. You can't bypass ALL lines, all the time.

For the amount of money that we already pay to go there and stay at POR it woud quite a slap in the face of those of us not staying at the deluxe resorts.

I've also heard this rumor but have yet to figure out if it's true or not. Let's hope not, no matter what we pay at the resorts we all pay the same base ticket price.

Rumour also confirmed in the UG! WDW has Us patent on some new additions to the Fastpass system.Basically if you stay on-site there will be perks to the Fastpass system: Value-you're only one step higher than an "Off-site" guest,moderate you'll do slightly better & Deluxe..the world is your oyster!!
"Spending per guest at hotels can determine hierachies of access to Fastpass.Thus,the more that is spent by a patron,the higher the priority can be for fastpass "
I expect that Walt is spinning in his grave !!
SD :paw:

grrrrr! i cant take it! we always stay on site but at value, others are pretty expensive...now we are "one step above off site guests". everybody should be treated the same like it always has been. this is terrible. do SOMETHING walt...

This has been discussed at length in the past on other posts. This is not a new issue. Nothing is happening at this point. Just because they have a patent doesn't mean it will be put in place.

hi
i want to know what happens to the premier annual pass holders that choose to stay off site in villas - or hotels for that matter? :confused3

I hope Disney doesn't start charging for FPs. On site guests already have EMH, which is a great park.

When it comes to using FP, all park visitors should have that option--whether they stay off-site or at the GF. Regardless of where a guest stays, he/she did buy the park ticket, and that should tie into Fast Pass usage.

Please, Disney, don't mess with Fast Pass!

"Spending per guest at hotels can determine hierachies of access to Fastpass.Thus,the more that is spent by a patron,the higher the priority can be for fastpass "
I hope this doesn't go into effect. Just one more way to segregate people by money.

I can safley say that if we have to stay at a deluxe resort to get the best fast pass we will then be staying for fewer days. Disney knows that the longer you are on site the more money they make. That is why an eight day ticket is only a few dollars more than a seven day ticket. Unless they are having problems booking the deluxe resorts (I do not think this is the case) I do not think they will change the current system.

Does anyone know anything other than rumor to support a FP change?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter