• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpass+ with child swap?

DisneyMomLJ

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know how child swap works with the new fastpass system?

I will have two ticketed adults and one ticketed child and two under three.

Will I be able to schedule fastpass+ for my husband and son and then get a child swap for myself?

Are we able to use each other's FP+ reservations? Like if it's my reservation, but my husband wants to use it because say, I'm nursing the baby, would that be possible?

We are going in April so who knows by then, right? Any rumor of what child swap will look like in the future?

At the moment, you only need the FP+ for the initial group of riders and then you get the swap ticket for the second group of up to three. This is how it worked in November for us and how it seems to still be working now. It could change at any moment.

As for you and hubby swapping, I guess it depends if anyone cares to look at the name of the MB 'owner' and wants to challenge whether or not you are George.... Hubby and I switched a few times on our trip for the reason you mentioned and we didn't have an issue. Heck, hubby was even our 5 year old son once because he had a TT FP+ and didn't want to go on it!

At the moment, you only need the FP+ for the initial group of riders and then you get the swap ticket for the second group of up to three. This is how it worked in November for us and how it seems to still be working now. It could change at any moment.

I am not sure when this change was made, but the following information was taken directly from Disney's website. It states that the "swap pass" is only valid for 2 people. Which is different than what we experienced last June.

To Use Rider Switch:

1. Check that Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question by asking a Cast Member.

2. Enter the normal queue with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guest who will not be riding will then be issued a Rider Switch Pass and asked to wait in a designated area. This group is “Party 2.”

3. The remaining party members, “Party 1,” ride the attraction.

4. After riding the attraction, Party 1 locates Party 2. The non-rider is then “switched” to Party 1.

5. Party 2 enters without having to wait in the regular queue a second time and boards the attraction. The Rider Switch Pass must be presented to a Cast Member at this time.

If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring one Guest back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note: Only 2 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.

This is interesting - what is on the website - because it doesn't seem to be even remotely close to what I've heard on the DIS. "Asked to wait in a designated location." I'm pretty sure you just get a pass and can go do something else with the little tike(s) and come back whenever you want. At least that is what I've been told. Can you imagine if they made you wait in a line with cranky kids that can't even go on the ride? Gah. That would be terrible.
The 2 guest rule is also a change. But, based on what I've heard, the info on the website isn't accurate anyway, it's not so you can wait with a child who doesn't want to ride, it's so you can wait with a child that doesn't meet the height requirement.
I'd like to hear from anyone who has done this lately.

We went in October and I had to use this. We had FP+ for Test Track, and we all went up to the FP entrance, they gave me the Ride Swap ticket, and then my youngest and I wandered away while everyone else got to ride. We went and looked in the gift shop and wandered all the way back to where the ride photos are displayed as people get off the ride. That is where we met the rest of our group.

Also, the Ride Swap ticket was good for 3 people.

But this was all back in October. So, everything could have changed since then.

The web site has been wrong forever as far as how Rider Switch works.

Rider Switch operations have not changed. It works the same way as always, and still is good for up to three total guests.

We went the week before xmas. We did a ton of ride swap since our yougest is 15 months. Some of the rides we have FP/FP+ for and some we did not. Either way we went to the FP entrace told the CM we wanted to ride swap and they gave us a little card that said it was good for up to 3 people. Either DH or I would ride with both our older 2 kids, then meet back up at the exit of the ride and the oposite parent would take both of the kids(if they both wanted to go again) to the FP entrance and ride again....my older 2 got to ride everything they wanted twice in a row:cool1: We never really pushed the issue and waited b/t rides, but not sure there was anything on the ride card the would have prohibited it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter