FastPass+ Window Opening Tied to Resort Check-in or Ticket Start Date?

Scrapmom3

Earning My Ears
We are checking into our resort on October 24 but are purchasing our tickets to begin on October 25. Is our FastPass+ window of 60 days connected to our resort check-in or to the first day the tickets go live? I had calculated the window opening August 25, but now am wondering if it is really August 26. Thanks for any help!

Thanks for the info...I can't find anything in MY PLANS about this...possibly because I have not yet purchased the tickets?

It’s 60 days from your check in. You just can’t make FPs for days your tickets aren’t valid.
So glad that I read this thread! This is our first stay with 60 day privileges, and I had been counting from our first (and only, this time) park day. I may be able to get a Tier One FP for DHS after all (even if it’s late in the day ). 😂

Would agree that it is on site check in date. You also must have a valid ticket for that time.

Thanks for the info...I can't find anything in MY PLANS about this...possibly because I have not yet purchased the tickets?
It should show up right there once you get tickets! I haven’t seen it in the app, but I might have missed it.

Attachments

• 4D0080CB-D6B3-4860-9EE6-BA5CEC09BF29.png
    4D0080CB-D6B3-4860-9EE6-BA5CEC09BF29.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 10
Strickly speaking, tickets allow FP+ to be made 30 days prior to the start date of the ticket.

A resort stay allow FP+ to be made 60 days prior to the check-in day for the resort assuming you also have valid dated tickets for your resort check-in day.

A resort stay allow FP+ to be made 60 days prior to the check-in day for the resort assuming you also have valid dated tickets for your resort check-in day.
Just to clarify, you don’t have to have valid tickets starting on your check-in day. You need to have tickets that are valid at some point during your stay. So you could have a 5 night stay and only 1 day tickets and have a 60+5 day for FPs if the ticket was valid on your last day.

Just to clarify, you don’t have to have valid tickets starting on your check-in day. You need to have tickets that are valid at some point during your stay. So you could have a 5 night stay and only 1 day tickets and have a 60+5 day for FPs if the ticket was valid on your last day.

Yeah - I originally wrote "...for your resort stay" but then thought what if they didn't have a ticket for their entire stay and my quick change unfortunately came out wrong. Thanks for the correction.

What's ironic is that we are checking in a WDW resort 3 days prior to going to a WDW park (doing a party night and then Uni for a couple days) and our tickets are dated after the check-in day so are planning to start really making FP+ with our first day being +3.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing this up, and to everybody who chimed in. It looks like our first park day will be FP +1--it's not much of an edge, but heck, I'll take it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter