Fastpass tips

thanks! I knew it was too good to be true. It was LMA that I was remembering. I wish they still had fp's. We haven't seen all of the shows at HS still after 3 trips- they all overlap!

It hasn't needed FPs in a long time...

The absolute best thing to do is to know which rides will be packed by 11:30 or so. Go to those first and get a fastpass and maybe even ride them once. Hoard your fastpasses and don't use them until the park is packed. You should be able to get squeeze maybe 4 FP's by noon if you start at 8 or 9. When it is super crowded then you can eat lunch and spend two hours using your FP's. By that time you should be able to coast with FP's for the slower attractions for the remainder of the day. I'm guessing that you could possibly get 8 to 9 FP's during a 14 hours day at a 7 crowd level. You just have to hit the big ones first. PP, Splash and Space Mountain and BTMR. Once you have FP's early for those four then everything else should come pretty easy.

Last visit we got a "bonus" Fastpass ... got Fastpass at Peter Pan and a second "bonus" Fastpass came out for the Mickey Philharmagic 3D show ... Since the 3D show is in a big theatre and there weren't that many people there that day - it was just a "trick" to herd the crowd to that attraction.

So, yes, they do give out bonus Fastpasses occasionally, but it is more to their benefit to manipulate the crowd!

Just posted bout fastpasses in my Blog come check it out
http://acpsjourneyintoimagination.blogspot.com/
I am very curious about these surprise fastpasses so they have alot of them or just a select few also does anyone know where i can get RETIRED fastpasses....any info just comment to my blog or send me a PM
Thanks all

Just posted bout fastpasses in my Blog come check it out
http://acpsjourneyintoimagination.blogspot.com/
I am very curious about these surprise fastpasses so they have alot of them or just a select few also does anyone know where i can get RETIRED fastpasses....any info just comment to my blog or send me a PM
Thanks all

Offhand, the only surprise Fastpasses I remember were for PhilharMagic and Carousel Of Progresss - the latter is notable as there ISN'T Fastpass there, whereas PhilharMagic did have it. There were issued somewhat randomly.

There were a diversionary tactic - get people to go to lesser-utilized attractions.

There were plans to get the FP kiosks give out other bonuses - like a coupon for a free drink or things like that at a counter service. Never went into actual use though. Although a fastpass for the CS line could be useful sometimes... :)

Offhand, the only surprise Fastpasses I remember were for PhilharMagic and Carousel Of Progresss - the latter is notable as there ISN'T Fastpass there, whereas PhilharMagic did have it. There were issued somewhat randomly.

There were a diversionary tactic - get people to go to lesser-utilized attractions.

There were plans to get the FP kiosks give out other bonuses - like a coupon for a free drink or things like that at a counter service. Never went into actual use though. Although a fastpass for the CS line could be useful sometimes... :)

WOW you got one for COP thats awesome where did you get it at im assuming space or buzz?? Thats awesome i want one now haha

WOW you got one for COP thats awesome where did you get it at im assuming space or buzz?? Thats awesome i want one now haha

I don't remember getting one personally, but I know those who have. And they came from Fantasyland kiosks...

Hypothetically:

Could I, DH, go to HS for RP, by myself (while the DW, DD & DS stayed back at the resort). Enter the park with my ticket, but, get TSM FastPasses for all four of us?

Then return to my resort pick up the family and go back to HS? (the rest of the family is not so much of a morning group.) I'll have my own car.

Does the FastPass machine recognize the tickets if they are not "activated" at the gate?

:stitch:

Hypothetically:

Could I, DH, go to HS for RP, by myself (while the DW, DD & DS stayed back at the resort). Enter the park with my ticket, but, get TSM FastPasses for all four of us?

Then return to my resort pick up the family and go back to HS? (the rest of the family is not so much of a morning group.) I'll have my own car.

Does the FastPass machine recognize the tickets if they are not "activated" at the gate?

:stitch:

No can do. Tickets must be active at the park via use at the entry turnstiles before they can get FPs.

I don't remember getting one personally, but I know those who have. And they came from Fantasyland kiosks...

Thats interesting cause that is the only place i have ever heard of gettin a surprise fastpass from. I cant wait to go down and experiment to see if there are more of these surprise ones! Do you know of any way to get retired fastpasses or no?

Do you know of any way to get retired fastpasses or no?

eBay probably...but they are likely VERY scarce as a great majority were used and disposed of.

Your blog mentioned Muppetvision 3D - yes, it did have Fastpass, but not for very long - gone in 2002 I think. Yet I'm amazed at the sites that say it is available.

Trouble? Whats the difference between everyone watching one person get FPs and everyone getting line. Standing is actually no trouble to me.

At TSM it could mean 15 minutes. 10 minutes could mean the difference between a noon return time and a 4:00 return time. thats a huge difference.

Could 10 minutes really mean 4 hours difference?:confused3

eBay probably...but they are likely VERY scarce as a great majority were used and disposed of.

Your blog mentioned Muppetvision 3D - yes, it did have Fastpass, but not for very long - gone in 2002 I think. Yet I'm amazed at the sites that say it is available.

Thanks alot for the info. Ya i figured ebay lol and i know Haunted Mansion had fastpass for a little while but i dont think it was there very long either. Ehh o well maybe there is a magical surprise fastpass for HM somewhere

Thanks alot for the info. Ya i figured ebay lol and i know Haunted Mansion had fastpass for a little while but i dont think it was there very long either. Ehh o well maybe there is a magical surprise fastpass for HM somewhere

Never heard of a Surprise FP for HM at all.

It did have FP a lot longer than Muppetvision though. I forget when they stopped using it exactly, but it wasn't in use at all by mid-2006.

Are you looking for these FP's for a collection of some sort? You aren't looking for them to actually use are you?

I've NEVER had to stand in line for COP. The only time I had to stand in line for Mickey's Philharmagic was because a show was in progress and the doors were closed (waiting in holding room).

Even the Haunted Mansion (based on my visits over the past several years) have been pretty much walk-ons for most of the day. (If there is a line, I bypass it and just return later.)

All of the above-mentioned attractions have pretty fast-moving lines, so a FP isn't really necessary unless you are there during one of the really crazy, over-crowded holiday periods.

I was at WDW last week and while getting FP's for Buzz Lightyear, recieved bonus FP's to Carousel of Progress.

Also, wanted to add we had great success with FP's during our trip. My biggest tip is get there at Rope Drop, get your first FP, which opens up your window as early as possible for future FP's.

Here was our MK experience:

On our trip, we went directly to Splash at RD and got FP's with a return time of 9:00 am, and able to get new FP's at 9:00 am. We then went and rode Dumbo, Peter Pan and Pooh with little to no lines and at 9, got FP's for PP. Then onto Small World and the teacups, Dumbo again all of these with very little or no wait. Then we went on to BTMR, rode it with a 10 minute wait, then rode Splash standby with a 10 or 15 minute wait, getting FP's for BTMR.
After this we went over to Haunted Mansion then ate lunch at Liberty Tree. AFter lunch one of us went & grabbed FP's for Space Mtn, then met the others and used up our FP's for PP, Splash and BTMR. Some of these we were able to ride twice with FP because not everyone in our party wanted to ride. Then it was onto Buzz Lightyear, where we got FP's with bonus for COP, then rode Space Mtn a couple of times, did a little shopping, got a snack then rode Buzz Lightyear, leaving the park between 3 and 4. 15 minutes was our longest wait and it was wonderful. The longest wait we had between FP's was 2 hours and I think that was only once. We also fit in a couple of character greetings and photo ops.

Probably more info that you wanted to know, sorry! Basically we hoarded all of our FP's until after lunch when the park was much more crowded. Being there at RD and starting on FP's early made a big difference for us. We came back to MK after lunch on another day during our trip and weren't nearly as efficient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter