Fastpass + seems to be ruining many posters trips to WDW.

I talk to my family daily. Multiple times through the day. We have dinner together almost every single night, even with my teenager. It's a priority. I don't need a line to connect or have conversation. Besides, there would only be so much to discuss with no hanging out with friends, no school antics going on, etc, etc. On vacation, we are part of every moment together. And I just can't imagine my three year old interested in any type of philosophical discussion on world issues.

We are not mega planners. We don't go commando and we don't hit rope drop. But, we did utilize FP to avoid standing in lines and making sure everyone got to ride there favorite ride once or twice. I can't imagine paying $3800+ for tickets to stand in line. We can have that "enjoyment" at the grocery store for free. We go to disney to enjoy Disney. Time spent in lines means time not enjoying what is left of shows and parades. FP+ is not just affecting the rides! it's having an impact on everything.

My first FP+ trip is coming up in a few weeks. I doubt it will "ruin" my trip, but if one more thing seriously diminishes our enjoyment, the value is completely gone. I keep paying more and more-and more and more--for less and less. I think most that are upset are seeing it as the last straw, the final nail, etc.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Aren't you local and go often...ithink that's what it's easy for yo to take it easy.

Yep. It seems that many cannot see that other people do Disney very differently from them. For many people, if they miss a given ride on a given day, that's it. Game over. They can't come back next week and pick up what they missed. Completely different.

We go often....... once a year. If I miss Test Track on the one day we are at Epcot, it will be an entire year before I can try again. For many there might not be a next year. Or it might be 4 or 5 years.

Change is inevitable, it's all just how each of us chooses to deal with it. Yes, when we don't live close and can only visit maybe every couple of years, we want to do it all and do it right now with no wait. Slow down and smell the roses. Once the new system is in place we can figure out new strategies. If this is the worst problem I have in my life than I'm doing pretty good. :cool1:

The old fast pass system works well if it's not broken don't fix it. We were there in October and we always are at each park at rope drop. At Epcot we attempted to get fast passes and the Times were in the afternoon. Magic kingdom space mountain was 5 pm. Hollywood studios 530 pm. Didn't ruin our trip but made for a long day less enjoyable. Love Disney but if fast pass plus takes over I think we will limit the amount of our trips not worth standing in line for that amount of time.

at $90 aday for tix really don't want to waste the day in line mb's worked great for us

I think a lot of AP holders forget just what others are paying to walk through the gate for the day.

I don't think my vacation will be ruined. In some ways I'm excited about FP+. I now know we will be able to ride TSMM without the hassle of RD and running to grab FP-. I always know which park we will be in as we have ADRs each day, so planning for FP+ is no big deal. They also keep me from having to cross cross the parks so much. My problem (and it is MY problem) is that I'm not a big fan of change, and there are so many changes at one time. But, I will adjust, and it won't ruin my vacation. It just makes me apprehensive with the planning.

We are going to WDW in January and bringing my DD's friend. She is a Disney virgin (GASP)! I just want everything to run smoothly for her. My DD and I can go with the flow -- if a line is too long, we skip it, it, but we want her friend to be able to experience it all!

All that being said, the one thing that would tick me off is if we had a problem with the technology and we lose time dealing with that. A few days ago I had an issue with one of my FP+ ressies and called IT. The CM that assisted me was great -- very conscientious. I was on the phone for more than 45 minutes. She finally fixed the problem and apologized profusely for my wait. Waiting on the phone was not a huge problem, but waiting in the park, losing valuable park time, would be. This is my fear with the MB and FP+ technology. My fingers are crossed for a smooth, glitch-free vacation!

My next trip will be my 10th time to Disney, but have not been in 5 years. My oldest Daughter will Graduate from High School this year and when I asked her what she wanted, she wanted to go to Disney, so I booked the trip for June 2014. I have use the Disboards in the past to help make my Disney trips memorable for myself and my two Daughters. You guys have informed me so much and have helped us make memories that we will never forget, for that I think you all. So just like in the past I have once again returned to Disboards to help me with this trip as I knew things had changed since I was last there. The excitement that we have for our upcoming trip is not able to be put into words.
For some reason, must be like passing an accident, I keep reading all the post I can about FP + and the changes that this has made. To me it sounded good for me and my Daughters as each park has about 3 must do rides for us and we could book them in advance. Now with the changes I am reading about it looks like it will be knocked down to 1 or if lucky 2 per park. (Yes we used the old FastPass system to our advantage in the past) As this is more than likely not as bad as it seems from reading the boards it does seem to bring my excitement down when reading the post. Please note I am not upset about the post, it just seems the negativity about the changes brings me down. I DO PROMIS IT WILL NOT BE THE CASE as soon as I past those gates I will be in my own Fairytale having the time of my life with my Daughters.
pirate:pirate:

It wasn't FP+ that ruined our vacation - we are the type to sit on a bench and watch the world go by vs. trying to hit ride after ride. However, the MB's, themselves, are what did us in. I had mine set up for charging and they "accidentally" withdrew just shy of $400 OVER what I had spent. Of course, even though they could TAKE it, they couldn't REFUND it. I had to wait until a day after I got back home till it showed up in my account again. The CM's were the furthest from helpful - all were so worn down and ragged from the problems each guest was having with MB's, FP, etc. And then, the MB's quit working all together. We couldn't get into parks, use FP, buy stuff, etc. At all. Each time we attempted to use them, we got the dreaded red mickey. Nothing fixed it. They just waved us through. Guest Relations couldn't fix it, etc.

Just the whole implementation of this stuff left people in SUCH a foul mood, and it really REALLY impacted my vacation. I never, normally, have to deal with the CM's as much as I did this time, so if they have always been as surly and un-friendly, who knows. But it was definitely a pain in the **** and we were happy to go home.

FP+ - I can take it or leave it. I probably will not utilize it except in very rare circumstances. But the damn MB's - ugh. Until those kinks are worked out - I will not be back!

Many of those who are the most vocal complainers have not taken their trips yet or used FP+. They are anticipating that their trips will be ruined by FP+ because everything about the way they do Walt Disney World will change for them, or they believe it will. and they believe the changes will be to their detriment, because it isn't the way they are used to doing things.

If Disneys' goal was as it says it was, which is to enhance guests experience, they have failed miserably with FP+.
There's another thread on the rumors board about Iger finally testing it and finding that it's not all it's cracked up to be. I believe you are correct that the whole FP+ thing blows in its currently tested state. I especially did not appreciate having to wait in a very long line (unqueued and meandering) just to get in to the FP queue. We ran into this situation numerous times at multiple parks when we tested the system earlier this month.

It sounds as if the system has a long way to go.

I used FP+ on our October Trip. For sure it worked good for us. I did good planning AND:
1. Could also use FP- with my KTTW Card
2. I could change something one day or on the same day
3. I have no Groups to choose and could choose 3 Rides I want to ride and not something I don't need a FP for
Right now all this will go away and I thought FP+ would even change more to my advantage by maybe getting 3 in advance and 1 or 2 during in the park (maybe even with Park Hop).
Right now all this seems to be getting worse and to my disadvantage.
I spent 6-7000 Euro each Trip. Not for standing hours and hours in line and can't ride the rides I want as much as before.
Right now I'am lucky enough to have enough money to afford one Disney Trip a year. But there are many people that maybe can do that trip once in a lifetime.

Yep. It seems that many cannot see that other people do Disney very differently from them. For many people, if they miss a given ride on a given day, that's it. Game over. They can't come back next week and pick up what they missed. Completely different.

We go often....... once a year. If I miss Test Track on the one day we are at Epcot, it will be an entire year before I can try again. For many there might not be a next year. Or it might be 4 or 5 years.
Great point. If they move to the "tiered" system of FP+ that's been rumored could be part of the whole thing, then if you're one of those persons that goes and does a 4-5 day stay at a value or moderate resort you're only going to be able to get FPs for 4-5 "E" ticket attractions. That'll really leave a sour taste in the mouth of many a visitors...

I'm traveling with my mom (74) and my sons (21 and 22) in January. While the MB and FP+ took a little bit to figure out, I really don't think either one is going to ruin my trip.

I am a planner, always have been and always will be. I planned our last trip to Disney in 1998 without Fastpasses and my kids still talk about it 15 years later. For me, it's not about do we get to ride every ride in each park 4 or 5 times, but looking for ways to make the trip special for each person. AS an example my older son, who has high-functioning Autism is really into Japanese culture, so I'm going to surprise him with a lunch at Teppan Edo. That's my strategy whether we are visiting Disney or somewhere else.

Do I think the new changes have all the bugs worked out? No.
Do I think FP+ will work better that the old FP system for every guest? No.
Can I understand why it's especially challenging for some guests, such as parents of little children? Yes, I definitely can.

But at the end of the day, we will still be on vacation somewhere meant to be fun, as a family and out of the sub-zero temps at home in Minnesota. I'm especially happy that my mom is still healthy enough to join us on a trip like this so FP+ or no FP+ I'm going to make the best of our time together.

Count us in as a family who will not wait in line for more than 20 minutes for any ride or show. In the past we have used Fast Pass and early entry to be able to do all the attractions we want with very little waits. If I have to go to WDW and wait more than 20 min for a ride OR decide if I want to ride Test Track or Soarin (tiers), I will plan a vacation elsewhere.

We went in Oct with FP+ and FP-, no tiers. I actually really liked that! Also like the Magic Bands. All that being said.....we have planned our vacation next summer to Disneyland rather than Walt Disney World. And our trip next December is a Disney cruise. We have decided to wait and see how this all plays out over time.

DH and I were at the World last week. We loved the Magic bands and FP+. It may not be for everyone but it worked for us.

We loved knowing we had FP for certain must do rides. We were able to change FP using the app as well.

Each person has a different experience but for us it lived up to the hype.

DH and I were at the World last week. We loved the Magic bands and FP+. It may not be for everyone but it worked for us.

We loved knowing we had FP for certain must do rides. We were able to change FP using the app as well.

Each person has a different experience but for us it lived up to the hype.

Totally agree.

We were there last week. Our trip was definitly enhanced by fastpass+. We were able to do everything we wanted to do and never hit the parks ealier than an hour after rope drop and never waited more than 20 minutes for a ride. We only pulled one legacy fast pass the whole week (Barnstormer had a 30 minute line but fast pass was less than an hour out)

It was the most relaxing trip I've ever had to Disney World. I did not have to rush anyone to the parks for rope drop and I didn't have to zig zag all over the park grabbing fastpasses and making sure we got back to the proper places before they expire. I usually feel exausted after hitting the parks. I never felt that on this trip.

I set up the fastpass pluses around our lunch reservations in a way that made sense (knowing the layouts of the parks and locations of rides and restraunts ahead of time of course helps).

I was really suprised how we were able to do everything everyone wanted with so little hassle.

Of course last week was pretty low crowds so of course that helps but that is when we usually go. For low crowd times, I definitly prefer the new system.

Let me start by saying my idea of fun isn't waiting all day in 60-120 minute lines rides. I want to get that out of the way first. We (all of us) pay a lot (yes, it is) of money to go to WDW. It's a lot. If you consider the dining plan, tickets and hotel stay, it's costs my family of 485/day to go to Disney World. That doesn't include ANY out of pocket meals, tips, alcohol or souvenirs. That is NOT an unsubstantial amount of money. I don't want to get into income, but we do very well and that is STILL a lot of money.

In fact, I hope my husband doesn't come along and see that math. ;) He might make me cancel.

I think suggesting to people that they can spend their $400+ dollars a day sitting on benches and chit chatting is a little bit insulting. If that's how YOU chose to spend your day in the park, that's marvelous, but I think it's insulting to be people who actually expect something out of the money they're paying to visit.

Now, considering the above, I think people are a little bit Chicken Little about the FP+ system. So many people are insisting that their future trips are ruined and that they won't go back to Disney without ever even having TRIED FP+. I just don't understand how you know you're not going to get to do what you want to do. You have no way of knowing that. Unless you're goal every day was to pull FP- after FP- of the super headliners (at which point, you'd not get to ride very frequently and your cost per attraction/experience is really high), I don't think you have any way of knowing that it won't work, it's just not how you USED to tour.

I know there's a lot of money on the line (see the first few paragraphs of this post), but how you can call something ruined that you've never tried or experienced for yourself? I don't think you can.

Many of those who are the most vocal complainers have not taken their trips yet or used FP+. They are anticipating that their trips will be ruined by FP+ because everything about the way they do Walt Disney World will change for them, or they believe it will. and they believe the changes will be to their detriment, because it isn't the way they are used to doing things.

Or they are reacting to the facts of the system. I suspect FP+ will work well for us when we're actually there, only because the "double dipping" loophole isn't closed yet (and hopefully won't be in the next few weeks). That doesn't change the fact that when planning my DD's first trip at >40" I had to choose between FP for Test Track or for Soarin'. There is no way to spin being stuck in the standby line at either of those attractions as a benefit, an improvement, or even a lateral move.

Or they are reacting to the facts of the system. I suspect FP+ will work well for us when we're actually there, only because the "double dipping" loophole isn't closed yet (and hopefully won't be in the next few weeks). That doesn't change the fact that when planning my DD's first trip at >40" I had to choose between FP for Test Track or for Soarin'. There is no way to spin being stuck in the standby line at either of those attractions as a benefit, an improvement, or even a lateral move.

You don't think actually walking into the park and NOT riding either Soarin or TT will help you decide you like it after all? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter