FastPass Question

Royalpine

Earning My Ears
Is the FastPass only good between certain times or is it good anytime after a certain time?
For some reason I thought it was only good for a 1 hour window but doing some research it looks like it can be used anytime after that time.

We have found that it can be used anytime, the same day, after the return time.

As long as you go after the initial return time, you can use it from that initial return time until the park closes that evening. I believe the unwritten policy exists because of extenuating circumstances that can cause people to be delayed for arriving within their "window" (i.e., getting stuck on an attraction, a member of the party getting ill, delayed table service at a seated restuarant, etc.). While I believe CMs technically have the ability to turn a delayed fastpass away, I don't think it happens very often (if at all). The ability to use fastpass after the return time is so well-documented that it's written into both guide books and computer ride-optimizing programs.

was at the park about a week and a half ago.
Got FPs for Indy and HMH with retrun times around 8:30 and 9:30 am. Used them both that evening at about 9:30pm.
Never had a CM even give it a second look.;)

was at the park about a week and a half ago.
Got FPs for Indy and HMH with retrun times around 8:30 and 9:30 am. Used them both that evening at about 9:30pm.
Never had a CM even give it a second look.;)
Twice I have had FPs for like 10-11AM and used them at 9PM with the CM rejecting them at first because we were "too early". When I pointed out the FPs were for 10AM and not 10PM they looked more closely and said "You are right, go ahead" and took them. :)

I also have gotten Space Mtn FPs first thing at 8AM with a return window of 8:40-9:40AM and used them at 11:55PM when Space Mtn had a 60+ minute line for the last ride of the night. Yep, I used them over 14 hours late. Not a problem. :cool2:

Thanks everyone, this helps with my planning for my trip in 2 weeks.
Last time we were there I was always running to get in between the times on the ticket, I won't worry this time, just pick up a FP in the morning and another after the 2 hours(?) and use all the FPs in the evening.

It really isn't two hours. Look on the bottom of the FP it will tell you when you can pull then next one...it might only be a half an hour....;)

It really isn't two hours. Look on the bottom of the FP it will tell you when you can pull then next one...it might only be a half an hour....;)

Exactly so! :thumbsup2 Two hours is the maximum time you would have to wait before being able to get a new one. If you start picking them up early in the morning, you can usually get at least three within the first two hours of the park being open. Then, as HydroGuy suggested, wait to use them in the late evening when the lines are out-of-control.

Is the FastPass only good between certain times or is it good anytime after a certain time?
For some reason I thought it was only good for a 1 hour window but doing some research it looks like it can be used anytime after that time.

shhh our little secret :rolleyes: Fastpass is good all day as long as it's used either at the return time or beyond. (not before) if it says return time between 9-10 then you can show up for your ride at 9 and anytime after until park closes.

FP is your friend....especially when DLR is a little crowded.

Know it.....Use it! :thumbsup2

(From Hydroguy's Sticky)

FASTPASS AT DLR

"Getting the Most Out of FastPass During High Season" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=885132 (Note that all FP info in this four-year-old thread is still valid)

"FastPass for Dummies and Smarties - A Photographic Explanation" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1186052

"Which Fast Pass First?" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1107718 (see my post #4 in that thread)

"Strategies For Using DL and DCA Opening Time Differences to Collect More Fastpasses"
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1553197

:)

I can't believe how many people still don't know what FP is or how it works. When we were in WDW last year, we would be in the FP line, and everyone in the reg. line would look at us, like they were confused what we were doing. I think some people think it's not worth the effort or whatever??? I would never think of going to a Disney Resort without using FP's!!!! And my hubby and kids are experts now...I can send them off to grab FP's for all of us and they know what to do.
Oh, and BTW, no one ever gave us a second look when we used them after the initial time :)

shhh our little secret :rolleyes: Fastpass is good all day as long as it's used either at the return time or beyond. (not before) if it says return time between 9-10 then you can show up for your ride at 9 and anytime after until park closes.

Some guy handed DH a Splash FP in Sept because there was only 10 min left until it expired. My brat of a DH took it happily!! :sad2:

I tried to give someone our expired FPs for IJ because we weren't able to use them. They refused them and didn't believe me that they could still use them. They were standing in the 60 minute stand by line at the time????

We didn't know about being able to use the passes after the return time until recently this month. It was about 9:30 am and we had picked passes for Splash Mountian, at the time the wait was only about 10 minutes so the CM said just hang on to them, then he spilled the beans about the hush-hush return time policy. Yes, I can see some CMs feeling a little high and mighty and refusing passes, but that day when we found out we took full advantage and didn't have any issues - not likely that they'll be refused.

Yes, depending on how busy things are, the "next available time to get another pass" or whatever it says can be less than 2 hours away. While we were collecting fast passes early that morning, I think the wait time between passes was only about 30 minutes because the park was still nice and calm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter