FastPass Question

m3b

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been recently and found that they don't care if your FP time has expired? I have read the recommendations that you gather the FP's and use them later than the time indicates.

Thanks!

No they don't care if the fastpass time is expired. If it's for the right day then you will have no problems. It makes life much easier to plan at the parks when you have your fastpasses!

I read on this board over a year ago that use of the FP after the expiration time was an unwritten policy and have used expired FPs many times without a blink of an eye. During my trip last week, two separate CMs told me (without my asking since I already knew it) that FPs will be accepted up to park closing on the day of use.

We've never been turned away using a fast pass from a previous day either. As long as we kept with the time, no CM has ever told us no.

Although many people will say what I am about to say is wrong, this is what happened to us:
In April of 2007, we got a FP for Buzz. When our time rolled around, there was hardly any lines at all in the park (it was raining and the 1/2 the park closed early for a private party). The CM for Buzz told me to use it the next day. I told him that was our last day in the park, and he told me, then save it for your next trip. We did just that, so in October of 2007, we used them, and no blink of any CM eyes.

They do look at the time, as several times I saw the CM to tell the person to come back after 3:30 (or whatever time it said) but they probably don't look at the date. For our trip last week, we got fastpasses every hour for the first half of the day and then did the rides w/o FP in the morning, we saved our FPs for late afternoon/evening and it worked out great. We didn't stand in any FP line more than 20 min. (usually more like 10)

DANGER DANGER DANGER!!!

I just found out today from a friend who went about a month ago, that they were TURNED AWAY when they showed up AFTER the times written on their FP!!!

Is this possible? I have no reason not to believe this person.

DANGER DANGER DANGER!!!

I just found out today from a friend who went about a month ago, that they were TURNED AWAY when they showed up AFTER the times written on their FP!!!

This better not be true. It will ruin my whole plan!!:mad:

DANGER DANGER DANGER!!!

Every few months a thread like this starts. Typically it is second-hand ("my friend" or "my sister's friend" or something) so we cannot get the whole story first hand. If someone was turned away (which does happen - on occasion) it is usually a new cast member who does not know the policy. In such cases if you politely ask them to check with another CM or their "lead" CM then you will be admitted. In the worst case just leave and come back later when there is another CM.

Folks, I promise you, I personally have used FPs after their window on the same day they were issued over the last five years - at least 100 times at DLR and 60-80 times at WDW. And have never had a second look. I take that back. I have had a second look a few times. Here is what happened: I got a FP early in the morning that was good for 9AM-10AM and came back that night at 8PM and was told that FP was not yet valid. When I pointed out the FP was for 9AM and not 9PM (CMs will not let you use the FPs before their window - that is a strict rule) the CM looked at it more closely and let us through.

At DL I have used FPs for 9AM at Space Mtn literally at 11:55PM at night - 15 hours late - without any problem.

And that is just me. Other DLR vets around here have done this as well many, many times. If there was a change in FP policy at DLR it would be news all over these forums.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter