Fastpass question for Expedition Everest

kaceyisme

Just passing the time until my next trip
On busy days, what time do the fastpasses run out for Expedition Everest?

On busy days, they could run out by noon or a little later . . .

taking into consideration that this is a new attraction and lots of ads and shows are out there hyping it up....pretty fast.

friends just returned from WDW and they went to EE at 11am and they were out of fastpasses for the day. he said the stand by line was well over 90 min. he did not ride. can't say i blame him. (silly man - i told him to get his rear out of bed and get to the parks early.)

another poster on another thread about EE stated that they were at EE at 9:30 and the fastpasses given out at that time were for a 1:30 return (or a 12:30 to 1:30 window - they weren't sure) either way, it wouldn't take long after 9:30 for the fastpass return times to work all the way up to park closing. (remember that park closes earlier than the others)

my thinking....if for the next 6 months to a year, someone REALY wants to ride EE, they should get to the park when it opens, head right for EE and either stand in line or snag a fastpass for later.
- lori

Is the fastpass machine open during the evening extra magic hours? What has the standby time been running during the evening magic hours?

Thanks!

didn't someone post that they have a single rider line also for this ride?

buzz2400 said:
didn't someone post that they have a single rider line also for this ride?

Yes, it does. We used it a couple of times in March and it was great.

We were there last week. Went to Animal Kingdom on Thursday. I think we got a fastpass around 9-9:30. Standby was 20 minutes. When we came back to ride it standy by was almost 2 hours. When we used the fastpass we walked right on did not have to wait at all. Awesome ride!! Single rider line was about 45 minutes long.

Just came home yesterday :sad2: after 8 wonderful days of Magic. :wizard: Having experienced crowds at WDW before, I FORCED my family to get up early the first day we went to AK...oldest DD refused to get up and went on sleeping. Left her her pass and off we headed to the park (DH, DD, DS, and me). We grabbed breakfast, hopped on a bus and we were at AK 10 minutes before park opened. We all headed to EE ...I went for FP and they got in line. 12 minute wait in Stand-By...it was GREAT...everything everyone said and more. Stand-By said 20 min. so we went again...18 min. wait. Went over to Safari and walked right on...This was GOOD FRIDAY, DISers!! Lots of animals. By the time we got off Safari, used FP for EE. Grabbed 4 more FP...Then Dinosaur (2x), Triceratops, and PrimivelWhirl. All by 10:30 when oldest DD arrived and wanted to do all we just did. Sorry, dear, you will need to get up early the next time... they did ride EE once more, I gave my DD my FP. DH told me that they ran out of FP sign read when they went on EE. Out of AK by 11 - it was MOBBED by then. Tons and tons of people were just entering the park!

SO, it's easy to do EE a few times, during one of the busiest week of the year if you GO EARLY!!! Same can be said about Soarin', etc. etc. go early, go early, go early!! :wave2:

There is a single rider line for this ride. My husband used it and the wait was 10 min on April 1ST. The stand by was 90 min. The line is not mark well but ask the CM by the fastpass.

forest said:
Just came home yesterday :sad2: after 8 wonderful days of Magic. :wizard: Having experienced crowds at WDW before, I FORCED my family to get up early the first day we went to AK...oldest DD refused to get up and went on sleeping. Left her her pass and off we headed to the park (DH, DD, DS, and me). We grabbed breakfast, hopped on a bus and we were at AK 10 minutes before park opened. We all headed to EE ...I went for FP and they got in line. 12 minute wait in Stand-By...it was GREAT...everything everyone said and more. Stand-By said 20 min. so we went again...18 min. wait. Went over to Safari and walked right on...This was GOOD FRIDAY, DISers!! Lots of animals. By the time we got off Safari, used FP for EE. Grabbed 4 more FP...Then Dinosaur (2x), Triceratops, and PrimivelWhirl. All by 10:30 when oldest DD arrived and wanted to do all we just did. Sorry, dear, you will need to get up early the next time... they did ride EE once more, I gave my DD my FP. DH told me that they ran out of FP sign read when they went on EE. Out of AK by 11 - it was MOBBED by then. Tons and tons of people were just entering the park!

SO, it's easy to do EE a few times, during one of the busiest week of the year if you GO EARLY!!! Same can be said about Soarin', etc. etc. go early, go early, go early!! :wave2:
That's great to know, thanks!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you all for your answers. We will be there on September 2nd after we get off the Disney Magic cruise. We probably won't be able to get to AK until around 10:30, based on how quickly they let us off the ship and how quickly we get our rental car.

I think we'll plan to do the single rider line. My DS is 13 and will be almost 14 by then, so I feel comfortable doing that. It would be so much more fun to be able to experience it together for the first time, but we'll have to see how it goes. Thanks again!! :sunny:

kaceyisme said:
Thank you all for your answers. We will be there on September 2nd after we get off the Disney Magic cruise. We probably won't be able to get to AK until around 10:30, based on how quickly they let us off the ship and how quickly we get our rental car.

I think we'll plan to do the single rider line. My DS is 13 and will be almost 14 by then, so I feel comfortable doing that. It would be so much more fun to be able to experience it together for the first time, but we'll have to see how it goes. Thanks again!! :sunny:

There is a chance that on Sept. 2 you might still be able to get a FP at 10:30 or so . . . that week right before labor day is not so crowded, in my experience. You have single rider as a backup, though.

Do you think it would be even better on EMH mornings, or worse?

we got there at 9:30 to get a fast pass and we got the time of 3 pm. so i'd say it goes quickly.... great ride though!!!

We were planning on trying to hit AK in the late afternoon, evening on our arrival day. I have ADR's for Rainforest at AK for around 5:45 - was hoping to ride Everest that evening as well - am I going to be out of luck? do the lines thin out in the evening (near closing?)

It would be helpful if people mentioned the date of their experience. If you were there during this past week, FPs would be gone much earlier than if you rode it late March or Early April. Whether or not you can get FPs in the afternoon will most likely depend entirely on the season you are there.

You probably need to think of EE like you do Space Mountain or Soarin'. If you're there during summer, Xmas or Easter, you better get there early. At other times, you'll probably be alright getting FPs later in the day (as long as you don't mind a long return time.)

i was there March 23-29 and like i said i got a fastpast at 9:30 am for ride time of 3:00pm... its going to be busy guys.. its a GREAT ride... when we rode on the ride at 3:00 fast passes were gone for the day. Not sure what time they ran out thought

We're going the last week of June/early July and are trying to figure out FP strategy...

If we want to ride 2xs in the same day, fairly close together time-wise, should we get FPs before getting in the standby line or after we ride the 1st time? We plan on arriving early & being there for the park opening.

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter