FastPass+ question...3 and then done

glevan

Mouseketeer
Ok, our first trip using FP+ will be in March. We've gone 1-2 times per year the last 4 years, so I'm researching and trying to learn about how to use the new system. All of the posts have been great and answering most of my questions...but, then one key question that I'm left with is...

Let's say we are going to Hollywood, I get online early and book the 3 FP+ items for my family of 4. It just so happens, we've got FP+ for RnR, LittleMermaid and something else. All are before noon. So, we go to the park, we use the FP+'s. What then...what happens for the rest of the day? Do we use the standby lines for all other rides until the park closes?

Thanks!

Beyond the FP- double-dipping that some have been able to use during the transition, it appears you would then be using the Standby lines.

Three FP+ is all you get in a day. Welcome to standby (at least after all ability to use legacy FP disappears).

On our trip in October we mostly scheduled our FP+ for the afternoons and evenings when lines would be long and rode standby in the mornings.

I would suggest trying to get your FP+ for later in the day. Of course, it all depends on:
A. Where you are staying
B. How long you want to stay at a park

For A, if you are staying at Boardwalk resorts or closer mods/values, you can get there are rope drop, ride standby and then head back to resort when park fills up. Swim, nap, do whatever...eat late lunch...head back for your FP+.

For B, if you want to go to a park early and stay til close, still make FP+ for midday when park is most crowded. Standby early and late shouldn't have huge lines like 1pm would.

Might be an opportunity to do something you haven't done before as well. I notice a lot of people really focus on the E-tickets as the only things worth doing/seeing. However, since I go anywhere from 2-4 times a year (damn you Annual Pass!) I often purposefully try to do different things every time I go. For example, this July we rode the Liberty Square Riverboat. I haven't been on that in 25 years at least! Was it as thrilling as Space Mountain? No, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
So, extra time at HS might mean a little lingering at One Man's Dream or trying out a new restaurant you haven't tried before.
If you haven't already, head to EasyWDW.com for good touring plans and reviews of parks/rides/attractions.

Have fun!

I would suggest trying to get your FP+ for later in the day. Of course, it all depends on:
A. Where you are staying
B. How long you want to stay at a park

For A, if you are staying at Boardwalk resorts or closer mods/values, you can get there are rope drop, ride standby and then head back to resort when park fills up. Swim, nap, do whatever...eat late lunch...head back for your FP+.

For B, if you want to go to a park early and stay til close, still make FP+ for midday when park is most crowded. Standby early and late shouldn't have huge lines like 1pm would.

Might be an opportunity to do something you haven't done before as well. I notice a lot of people really focus on the E-tickets as the only things worth doing/seeing. However, since I go anywhere from 2-4 times a year (damn you Annual Pass!) I often purposefully try to do different things every time I go. For example, this July we rode the Liberty Square Riverboat. I haven't been on that in 25 years at least! Was it as thrilling as Space Mountain? No, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
So, extra time at HS might mean a little lingering at One Man's Dream or trying out a new restaurant you haven't tried before.
If you haven't already, head to EasyWDW.com for good touring plans and reviews of parks/rides/attractions.

Have fun!

Excellent advice, I completely agree. Arrive at RD and ride one of the headliners first thing using the standby line. Then fit in a couple of other attractions that do not have long waits the first hour or two after RD. Schedule your FPs for late morning/afternoon instead of right when the park opens.

Funny you mention the Liberty Square Riverboat because last week during our trip I thought about the fact the my kids have never been on it after many trips. It has been about 25 years since I've been on it, as well. Next trip! We have found that some of the less popular attractions can still be fun and result in great family memories.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks folks. That's what I need to know. March (Spring Break week) should be an adventure...we always go in the fall, when crowds are low. This will be a new pace and process...looking fwd to re-learning/re-experiencing the parks.

FYI, we have 3 days at POFQ, 4 night cruise, and back for 4 nights for our first off-site stay (Bonnet Creek). We purchased AP's last fall so because we wanted to come back again this springbreak.

Lots of new stuff to learn this time...new resort, FP+, high crowd levels, cruise, off-site, driving on property, etc. Should be a lot of fun!

Hi,

We just booked our first trip for Mar 25 - Apr 1. Was following FP+ threads back in Aug - I see it is live now?

So we plan to go in mornings, then back to hotel for the afternoons (fr 1 - 4:30ish). Then back til close (or maybe magic hours - depends on children).

Would you recommend FP+ or just regualr FP. Tee crowd calendar is as high as a 6 most days.

Thanks for any help, pls! :-)

Karen

Hi,

We just booked our first trip for Mar 25 - Apr 1. Was following FP+ threads back in Aug - I see it is live now?

So we plan to go in mornings, then back to hotel for the afternoons (fr 1 - 4:30ish). Then back til close (or maybe magic hours - depends on children).

Would you recommend FP+ or just regualr FP. Tee crowd calendar is as high as a 6 most days.

Thanks for any help, pls! :-)

Karen

It's unlikely you'll have a choice about which system to use. Currently guests at all Disney resorts except Pop and the All-Stars can use the legacy FP machines in addition to FP+. But Disney will likely soon remove the ability to use legacy FP from the other resorts sooner rather than later. Things are changing on a daily basis, so it will be a while before anyone knows what the system will look like in late May.

Hi,

We just booked our first trip for Mar 25 - Apr 1. Was following FP+ threads back in Aug

1 - I see it is live now?

2- Would you recommend FP+ or just regualr FP.

1- FP+ is still not "live." It is in testing mode.

2- We don't know what will be in operation (and for whom) in March.

It's possible (heck, ANYTHING is possible) that there will ONLY be FP+ in March.
Still lots of time left before your trip, so stay tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter