fastpass Q

nolatime

Earning My Ears
im getting mixed information about this.
Do you or dont u need to return to the ride at the time thats on your ticket?

At Disneyland Resort I am 99% sure the end return time is not being enforced, and so you are allowed to use the FastPass at any time following the start return time.

At Walt Disney World, the start and end times are being enforced as of March 2012. You're supposed to also be allowed up to 15 minutes grace period on the end time.

I've not had issues with using FP tickets after their timestamp. As for getting FP tickets after 5pm, I've noticed that some of the attractions will 'run out' of FP tickets and the distribution areas will be closed.

im getting mixed information about this.
Do you or dont u need to return to the ride at the time thats on your ticket?
U don't .

DLR does not enforce FP windows. You cannot use the FP before the one hour window opens. Bt you can use it any time after the window on the same day.

One caveat to this--if you are there in the summer or any other very busy time, they may gently ask you to please observe the time on the fastpass for a popular ride. We were gently asked to do this last summer for both GRR and Star Tours when we used our FP outside of the window. We were still able to use them, but they asked us to try to use them at the correct time the next time.

There was no end time enforcement this past weekend. But something was very strange with BTMRR. We returned around 3:00 to use our FPs and the FP return line was all the way outside of the queue entrance and 1/2 way up the hill. But the regular return line was pretty open (I could not see too far inside the queue, but it was open at the entrance and down that first hill).

I've never seen that happen before.

No mixed messages. You can use your FP after the window (as long as it's the same day).

:3dglasses

There was no end time enforcement this past weekend. But something was very strange with BTMRR. We returned around 3:00 to use our FPs and the FP return line was all the way outside of the queue entrance and 1/2 way up the hill. But the regular return line was pretty open (I could not see too far inside the queue, but it was open at the entrance and down that first hill).

I've never seen that happen before.

Keep in mind though, the standby make look empty, but it is usually going to weave more once you get inside the queue, where the fastpass will be a direct route to the entrance. You can see this a lot in Space Mountain at DLR, where both lines go to the Greeter CM. But the FP line literally goes up the ramp and into the building, where the standby line has a good 30-45 minutes of weaving outside before even entering the building.

Keep in mind though, the standby make look empty, but it is usually going to weave more once you get inside the queue, where the fastpass will be a direct route to the entrance. You can see this a lot in Space Mountain at DLR, where both lines go to the Greeter CM. But the FP line literally goes up the ramp and into the building, where the standby line has a good 30-45 minutes of weaving outside before even entering the building.

Yes, true. I've been a passholder for 10 years so I'm quite familar with it. :thumbsup2

But I have never seen the FP return line go from the staircase (where they now collect the FPs), all the way back out to the queue entrance and then back up the hill. It was highly unusual.

It is not unusual for the standby line to wind around inside and then come all the way out and then wind around outside (on very busy days). But to have the entire standby line in the inside queue (the end not even visible from the ride entrance) but have the FP return as long as it was, was like nothing I have ever encountered before. I'm assuming that the ride broke down for a while and they let people just continue to queue up or something.

Oh...and I think I forgot the reason for my post initially. :rotfl2: When we walked up and saw the standby line, the CM was in the processing of telling the people in front of us (also shocked by the huge FP return line) that they might just want to come back later and that their FP would be good for the rest of the day. So at least some CMs are still telling people to ignore the end-times.

In my experience they usually dont enforce the return times on the FP but just incase you get one of those cast memebers that are rule beaters you should always return in the time specified on your FP:thumbsup2

In my experience they usually dont enforce the return times on the FP but just incase you get one of those cast memebers that are rule beaters you should always return in the time specified on your FP:thumbsup2

I don't think you need to do this at all. Many people build their entire strategy on late fastpass return, myself included. If I limit myself because I am afraid of one errant CM, then I am missing out on maximizing FP use. I have never, ever been refused return on a late FP. Not even on ST when it first re-opened last summer as someone else mentioned. I used FPs 12, 13, even 15 hours late with no problem.

Until DL begins enforcement, I will continue to use late FP and encourage others to do the same. :thumbsup2

Bear in mind that the big exception to the rule is a WOC fastpass. It's only good for the show it is labeled for, and not a later show.

I don't think you need to do this at all. Many people build their entire strategy on late fastpass return, myself included. If I limit myself because I am afraid of one errant CM, then I am missing out on maximizing FP use. I have never, ever been refused return on a late FP. Not even on ST when it first re-opened last summer as someone else mentioned. I used FPs 12, 13, even 15 hours late with no problem.

Until DL begins enforcement, I will continue to use late FP and encourage others to do the same. :thumbsup2

Then if thats case I might as well take the Tower of Terror FP I have since last Sept when I go in a couple days.. lol Ill let you know if they let me on.

Then if thats case I might as well take the Tower of Terror FP I have since last Sept when I go in a couple days.. lol Ill let you know if they let me on.

They won't.

You can use your FP several hours past the return window......but only on the same day.

This has been discussed hundreds of times on these boards. It's an unadvertised perk,..... similar to the perk for those who are staying on site being able to enjoy MM multiple times as opposed to just once. It's not advertised, but it's DLR policy. And as long as it's still their policy, most savvy Dis'ers will continue to enjoy it & report their experiences here.

:coffee:

I agree that DL does not enforce f/p end times. My brother takes tickets at the main entrance. And he pointed out that if you read the fine print on the fast pass, some allow you to get a fast pass sooner than you think...like 30 minutes from when you got your fast pass. So read the whole fast pass ticket.

No need for snarkiness. It is well known that Disneyland CMs will advise guests that FPs don't expire on the same day. They will tell guests to return later and use them when a ride breaks down or if the FP return line is longer than expected or if someone is just unable to use it until later. It is something that they do to make guests' days a little easier.

On the other hand, it is against Disneyland policy to use a FP on any other day than the date printed on it. There are no exceptions made on this one. If spotted, no CM will ever let you through on it.

Bear in mind that the big exception to the rule is a WOC fastpass. It's only good for the show it is labeled for, and not a later show.

Right, they use the term Fastpass but it's really a show ticket you need to gain entry into the WOC viewing areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter