Fastpass plus for military families

scw2step

Earning My Ears
Hello all,
So we are staying at POR in August. By then I'd assume the system will be in full swing. We got the military room only discount and buy our tickets at shades of green when we arrive as you can't upfront. This will clearly start to be an issue w the new system since we have no tickets to attach to our reservation to book attractions through the new system. I'm hoping someone maybe has a suggestion for me. We may just have to deal w it and book our rides and what not when we arrive. Does anyone know if that's going to be a big issue as the system gets bigger w more guests using it? I always have the option of buying tickets through undercover tourist or what not but not having to pay for tickets until we get there is always a nice perk. Then again I may be asking too much flexibility on disneys part. Thoughts? Thank you.

I hate to say it but FP+ will most likely be in full swing by August, I imagine FP- will have been pulled completely, on top of that it is summer so you are looking at busy season. If there is ANY way that you can purchase tickets in advance and link them so you can make FP+ reservations at 60 days out I HIGHLY suggest it. Otherwise, if the system continues to work the way it does now, you will have a very difficult time getting FP+ reservations for headliners at any park, and if you do, it will be very slim pickins on available times. Glad you got the military discount and thank you for your service to our country! Hope everything works out for you and that you have a great vacation!

Can you buy at a local military installation? That's what we're doing.

And my understanding is that they've worked out the kinks in the system so that if you do this, you can use these to book fast pass plus and have it transfer over when you get your "real" tickets at the park.

Can you buy at a local military installation? That's what we're doing.

And my understanding is that they've worked out the kinks in the system so that if you do this, you can use these to book fast pass plus and have it transfer over when you get your "real" tickets at the park.

I had a trip out of town and bought our Military Salute exchange passes and linked them to our tickets with very little trouble. Just make sure you enter zero for anything that looks like a O or an 0.

If you don't have a local base to buy tickets (We don't) make sure to call ahead to any base you may travel to and make sure they have the passes. One of the larger AFB's in the Midwest did not stock anything and would only order them. Then you had to pay for FedEx on top of their per ticket fee.

Good thing I was going to be near a large Army base. I called and they had the Certificates on hand.

I was wondering the same thing. We are getting our tickets on post in Colorado and I don't know how to link them to get FP+ if I need to. We travel in May 2014

I was wondering the same thing. We are getting our tickets on post in Colorado and I don't know how to link them to get FP+ if I need to. We travel in May 2014

It's super easy. You just link your tickets using My Disney Experience. You will enter the # on your ticket and then you will be able to make FP+ reservations.

I bought our tickets at our base then went on the website and put in the barcode for each ticket. It was very easy to do and it was nice not having to go wait in line at SOG for tickets.

Please forgive my ignorance with this topic! A few questions...

When you buy the passes at a military base are you talking about the regular magic your way passes at discounted price or the 4 day salute passes?

Do you receive vouchers or actual tickets? And which are the ones you were able to link directly to fp+? Also, does anyone have any experience linking these passes to a MB?

So sorry if I hijacked this thread from OP! I'm totally stressing over what to do about tickets this year!

Please forgive my ignorance with this topic! A few questions...

When you buy the passes at a military base are you talking about the regular magic your way passes at discounted price or the 4 day salute passes?

Do you receive vouchers or actual tickets? And which are the ones you were able to link directly to fp+? Also, does anyone have any experience linking these passes to a MB?

So sorry if I hijacked this thread from OP! I'm totally stressing over what to do about tickets this year!

I linked my 4 day Military Salute exchange certificate with very little problem. When you buy them at a base you get an exchange certificate, not tickets. You must activate the "Salute" tickets before you can use them. I was able to make FP+ selections an add them to our MB.

You can also purchase "Regular tickets" and they do not need to be activated. You can also link these to your account through MDE and make FP+ selections and add to your MB.

The process is not difficult. There is no major difference between the type of ticket you use. Whichever way you were planning to go ticketwise, there is not much of a difference.

Thanks for this thread. I was able to link my tickets. 2 things.
#1 I did have some letter O's on my tickets. Took me a while to figure out, as well as a magnifying glass and strong sunshine for light.
#2 So farI haven't been able to schedule any FP+ selections. Every time I click on the link this is the reply I get in a separate pop up window.

More Guests are becoming eligible for FastPass+ testing every day, so you may already be—or may soon become—able to request FastPass+ selections.

To see if you can participate in the test, complete these steps to make your FastPass+ selections.

Link Your Disney Resort Reservation and Theme Park Tickets
Create Your Family & Friends List
If you are still unable to access FastPass+ service online, it means you are not yet eligible.

However, you may become eligible in the near future. Please try again later to make your FastPass+ selections from the My Disney Experience page.

If you’re not participating in the test, you can still enjoy the current FASTPASS service.

Any ideas? We are staying at Shades of Green, so I don't know if that is the issue. Thanks

famouschinesec said:
Any ideas? We are staying at Shades of Green, so I don't know if that is the issue. Thanks

That is the issue. Only guests staying at Disney operated resorts are eligible. Currently guests staying at the Swan or Dolphin are testing making FP+ reservations in the park for same day rides. Hopefully SOG guests are next.

Thanks for this thread. I was able to link my tickets. 2 things.
#1 I did have some letter O's on my tickets. Took me a while to figure out, as well as a magnifying glass and strong sunshine for light.
#2 So farI haven't been able to schedule any FP+ selections. Every time I click on the link this is the reply I get in a separate pop up window.

More Guests are becoming eligible for FastPass+ testing every day, so you may already be—or may soon become—able to request FastPass+ selections.

To see if you can participate in the test, complete these steps to make your FastPass+ selections.

Link Your Disney Resort Reservation and Theme Park Tickets
Create Your Family & Friends List
If you are still unable to access FastPass+ service online, it means you are not yet eligible.

However, you may become eligible in the near future. Please try again later to make your FastPass+ selections from the My Disney Experience page.

If you’re not participating in the test, you can still enjoy the current FASTPASS service.

You need to go under the "my plans" tab on MDE and select fastpass+ once you are within 60 days. Of course that was the case for us...but we are staying at Disney WL. We do have the salute military tickets that are linked to the reservation. Good luck hope this helps and you are able to book all your FP+ stuff!!! :yay:

I actually am having a problem linking my salute exchange certificates. I bought them on base and they are not activated yet. Is that the problem for why they won't link? I was under the impression you had to activate tickets on-site. Not true?

It's super easy. You just link your tickets using My Disney Experience. You will enter the # on your ticket and then you will be able to make FP+ reservations.

Once I link them to MDE I still need to get them activate it at the park? How do I do that? Do I need to bring the Boucher? Does it take long and where in the park do the do this ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter