Fastpass or wait in line??

Usually wait in line for 20 minute posted wait time. We are here this week, though, and lines are so long. Even the FP lines are long. I don't know what's going on, but something is... We have never, in ten years, seen lines and FP lines like this.

Usually around 20 minutes but it depends on the Que....Lots to see and take pictures of? Maybe thirty minutes. Basic rope gates looking at the same thing...15. Favorite rides? Get a FP and get in line if under 20.

30 minutes is my absolute limit, and that's reserved for my favorite E-tickets - rides where half an hour is not that bad of a wait time in comparison to the rest of the day. On very, very rare occasions I have jumped in a 40-45 minute line, and then only with friends who are vacationing and won't have another chance to ride. Other than that, I refuse to stand in long lines. Either I will get there early, stay till close, use FP, or skip it and ride another day. That's one of the nice things about being relatively local - if lines are long, it's no sweat. I know I'll be back soon :thumbsup2

15 minutes is my max - though lately my max is more like 10.

We wait longer in food lines for the most part.

I've never liked to wait more then 30 - though have done it for a few select rides in the past.

Usually wait in line for 20 minute posted wait time. We are here this week, though, and lines are so long. Even the FP lines are long. I don't know what's going on, but something is... We have never, in ten years, seen lines and FP lines like this.

Did you ever figure out what's going on? The crowd calendars have listed the last few days between 4 and 6; so something is really strange... My curiosity is really piqued to find out what's happening.

"I do like to wait in line for Space Mountain, as I love the ambiance and listening to the background music! I feel like I am missing something if I get a FP for Space Mountain..."
VERY interesting. Are there any other rides that you'd hate to miss the line?

This got me thinking, too! We go every year in September so the wait times aren't too bad but it is still very hot. That's why I usually don't mind the line for Pirates of the Caribbean. It's cool and dark (and yes, typically moves fast) and fun to listen to "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me..."

We're generally willing to wait up to 20 minutes. Anything longer gets a fast pass.

The TT line was 80 minutes with the FP return not until 4 hours later. We weren't going to be in the park that long, so I thought the single rider line would work. We were in line for 25 minutes in that line!

When you arrive at a ride/attraction, any thoughts(I know everyone IS different) on how long your willing to wait in line as opposed to grabbing a fastpass(if applicable) and coming back? For example, you arrive at Space Mtn and the posted time is 30 minutes, do you stay or get fastpass? 45 minutes, stay or Fastpass? Thanks.

We will get in line of the wait time is 20 minutes or less. Sometimes we will get a FastPass first. :)

We're generally willing to wait up to 20 minutes. Anything longer gets a fast pass.

I'm genuinely curious about people who say they won't wait in a standby line longer than 20 minutes or so. Say on a fairly busy day, if you're (general you) in the park during the afternoon, you're willing to wait 2+ hours between rides? Maybe longer, depending on FP return times.

I don't like waiting more than 30 minutes standby, but sure, I'm gonna wait SB to ride something while waiting for a FP window to open. (Disney must hate me; wasting time in standby lines instead of spending money on food and souveniers).

Jim

It depends what ride it is. For our favorites, we'd probably be willing to wait 30-40 minutes. Maybe, depending what else we have going on. We're used to DL lines, and when we're there we will wait 30-40 minutes for many rides without thinking about it, and up to 45 for Space Mountain. The longest lines we've ever waited in at DL/DCA are RSR (60 minutes) and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy (an hour I think...)

We have park hoppers and are going to try to utilize EMH/ rope drop this trip - hoping it makes a difference!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter