• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass - Online?

ncyorks

DVC Member Since 1998
A friend told me he that had heard that you could get FastPasses online. I think he was mistaken, and confused with US/IOA's FOL upgrade of tickets. Nonetheless, I told him that if anyone knew, they were on this Board. So, I am throwing this one out there. Does anyone know about getting FastPasses online prior to going to the parks?

Thanks. :scratchin

You are correct, you cannot get fast passes online. You can only get them at the ride you want them for with a valid park entry ticket. Also you can only get fast passes at intervals, if you look at the bottom of the fast pass it will tell you when you are able to get the next one.

Universal sells upgrades to their tickets allowing fastpass-type machine to bypass standby lines. All Disney guests can use fastpass at the parks.

gonemousin' said:
I have heard of people selling them on eBay...maybe that's what he meant by "online"?? :confused3

Well, I'm not sure who would buy these, since they would be totally worthless...

subtchr said:
Well, I'm not sure who would buy these, since they would be totally worthless...

There are certain special "anytime FP's" (for lack of a better term) that can be issued by CM's for various reasons.

Those FP's could be sold and used by anyone.

Although its certainly a "grey area" as far as ethics are concerned.

Well, there's not really a "grey area" -- those passes are provided to the folks they're provided to for their use, not for resale. Folks shouldn't sell them; folks shouldn't buy them; and if brought to their attention, eBay would terminate the sale.

We have one it expires in 08/06 from Pooh breaking down during EMH last week.

DD wanted to put it in her Scrapbook with her other fastpasses she saved for the different rides.

Wow I could put it on e-bay but she would kill me.

I say it is not unethical to sell non-transferable non-resellable materials as souvenirs.

This is an exception to everyone's advice about not buying Disney tickets on eBay.

I have sold some supposedly worthless bonds one eBay, clearly described as "collectors' items only, not negotiable".

I don't see these sales being cased as "souvenirs". The postings almost always refer to the utility of the passes, not their sentimental or collectible value.

I saw a woman open up an envelope that contained a whole stack of Fastpasses. She had to have at least 50 or more of them. I also saw a gentlemen show the fastpass attendant a reddish paper and was granted access to the fastpass line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter