Fastpass+ Just came across this...

I was just reading about this here ************************************mymagic-plus-faq/

Interesting. I'd be a bit concerned about the safety of it but it sounds quite exciting and I'll still look forward to trying it in September.

I have been following the other threads on this issue. I was wondering how the offsite visitors would be treated. It looks like if you are not an AP holder or staying onsite, you would have to pay for the wristband. That doesn't seem right. After all, many WDW visitors live in the area (and I'm sure they don't all have an AP).

Yea I'm still on the fence tbh....love new ideas and technology and ill plan till the cows come home but safety would be my main issue.

bee86 said:
Yea I'm still on the fence tbh....love new ideas and technology and ill plan till the cows come home but safety would be my main issue.

Doubt we'll be the only two either! I'm sure it's safe, and will probably be great when we try it, but right now can't help thinking a card you can put away securely in your wallet is a safer option. Guess the wristband would be the ultimate in ease and convenience though....

I'm obviously missing something because I don't really understand where the link is between safety concerns and having the wristband :confused3

From what I understand, you are not compelled to actually wear the wristband. You just need it as your point of access and it essentially works as your KTTW card did if you are a resort guest and as your park ticket does if you are a day guest or staying offsite. You can put it in your bag, in your purse/wallet or hang it on a lanyard. As long as you are able to retrieve it to scan it when necessary, it doesn't seem like Disney cares how you carry it. :goodvibes

I can't wait to try it - glad we decided to stay on site this year:) Thanks for posting info.

Do you think it'll contain DDP credits etc? DH always keeps our cards - he pretends it's so he can skip off to get fastpasses but I'm sure it's because he doesn't trust us not to lose, not sure how he'll cope if kids want to wear their bands:lmao:

I think the wrist band is probably safer in a way - you're less likely to lose it than a card.

I wear my KTTW in my pin lanyard round my neck, so that's probably less "safe" than a wristband that is velcro'd on.

Really excited about this, I think it'll be great for an uber-planner like me. :)

To be honest when I posted this yesterday it just had very very basic information but now I just had another look at the link and there is a lot more detail with the FAQ section today etc. After reading these I dont have any safety issues or concerns at all. My initial thought was more about the safety of the details on the wristband, how secure they would be as its based on radio frequency, not so much actually losing it.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:ShazzieB I can imagine plenty of parents like that :lmao::lmao:

I think the wrist band is probably safer in a way - you're less likely to lose it than a card.

I wear my KTTW in my pin lanyard round my neck, so that's probably less "safe" than a wristband that is velcro'd on.

Really excited about this, I think it'll be great for an uber-planner like me. :)

yes i think it will be much easier to use than a card...
much more convenient!!

and it will make it much easier for disney to plan for crowds....they will have very detailed information as to what people like to do and when....
they've always been the best at line planning and control....this will enable them to go beyond that...

Thanks for posting,
looks and sounds good in theory, I just hope they have a lot of those machines about, I can see another long que forming if people keep going back to change their fastpass options! A big improvement on those fastpass cards they give you though.
Look forward to seeing how it works in July.

Unlike a lot of the negative posters on the main board, I am actually quite excited by this, and hope it is up and running by the time we go in July.

I am an uber-planner too, and one of my concerns is that fastpasses for attractions may go quite quickly. We are not exactly early risers on holiday, so for example I was worried that to ride TSM at DHS you have to get there fairly early in the day to get a FP. Using FP+ I will be able to set up my fastpasses in advance without having to get to the park early.

The only negative I can see is that I was hoping to get adult CS meals for my DS using the DDP (the kids options aren't exactly expansive) - I bet that credits are linked to the bands so that won't be possible any more.

I am looking forward to this when I head over in November. Wondering when the bookings for FP+ will open?

The Disney website has changed now and has a "My Disney Experience" section with parts for your reservations, photopass, itinerary etc. so maybe it will be launching soon:cool1:

We are going in November and I was wondering how we would be able to book our fast passes in advance. I'm presuming that you would have to be checked in at your resort hotel and be in possession of your room key or bracelet before being able to book your fast passes. Does anyone know?
I will be keeping a close eye on developments and hoping any teething problems will be solved by the time we go.
My other query is, what will happen if people just book up a load of fast passes in advance with no absolute intention of using them? Will this result in a general lack of fast passes? At least with the old system you could at least count on the fast pass holders being in the park.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The Disney website has changed now and has a "My Disney Experience" section with parts for your reservations, photopass, itinerary etc. so maybe it will be launching soon:cool1:

Not sure it is working fully for us Brits yet. When I tried to log in to use it tonight, I ended up back on the old site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter