FASTPASS+ Itinerary Planning at Magic Kingdom May 1st

Obviously experiences differ - it depends when you go, where you want to eat, what time, etc. Buffets and character meals, and certain locations that are generally small like Le Cellier, are generally tougher.

Obviously. I wonder how popularity of times will distribute with new system. I would say times when menu is about to switch to diner and around parades/fireworks will be less desirable.

But now you know how we felt about same sort of comments comming our way.
Nothing is happening in a vacuum and participate or not everyone is affected. However, this time everyone is aware at least, no secrets.

Okay I'm sorry, but this is the funniest statement yet in regards to FP.

This system is more fair than the old system of honoring FP after the window?

So the complaint about the old policy was that it wasn't fair because not everyone knew about it, right?

And the defense of FP plus is everyone will know about it?

But...

1. We don't know that everyone will know about FP plus.
2. Even if everyone does know, people who book trips last-minute may be disadvantaged compared to people who book six months out.
3. How will first-timers, even if they know about FP plus, know what to book?

At least with the old policy of honoring late FP, every single person had the same opportunity to get FP once they were in the park, and every single person had the opportunity to walk up to a line and inquire about using them late.

It just strikes me as really really funny to embrace FP plus on the basis of "fairness" while rejecting the old policy on the basis of it being "unfair." Too funny.

Okay I'm sorry, but this is the funniest statement yet in regards to FP.

This system is more fair than the old system of honoring FP after the window?

So the complaint about the old policy was that it wasn't fair because not everyone knew about it, right?

And the defense of FP plus is everyone will know about it?

But...

1. We don't know that everyone will know about FP plus.
2. Even if everyone does know, people who book trips last-minute may be disadvantaged compared to people who book six months out.
3. How will first-timers, even if they know about FP plus, know what to book?

At least with the old policy of honoring late FP, every single person had the same opportunity to get FP once they were in the park, and every single person had the opportunity to walk up to a line and inquire about using them late.

It just strikes me as really really funny to embrace FP plus on the basis of "fairness" while rejecting the old policy on the basis of it being "unfair." Too funny.

Glad I made you laugh, because it is funny to hear all this "unfair" comments from the same people who were telling us, "oh well, life is unfair ", "do not sleep on vacation", "tour like us" or as you said right now, "go and ask if it can be used late", really, people who had no reason to question what was written on FP?

And as of how people will know, Disney.com, travel agent, planning DVD. I do not know details on Xpass to tell you how, do you? But if this service meant to benefit Disney, they will find the way for people who do not even plan to visit, to know about new system.

And as of how people will know, Disney.com, travel agent, planning DVD. I do not know details on Xpass to tell you how, do you? But if this service meant to benefit Disney, they will find the way for people who do not even plan to visit, to know about new system.

But do you not believe that there are still guests who are unaware that Fastpass is available to everyone, for free? There certainly seems to be plenty who don't understand that, yet Fastpass has been advertised on all of those since 1999.

Heck, I know some travel agents that would tell you it's only included if you stay onsite, that you can buy extra days on your tickets instead of getting park hoppers, etc.

But do you not believe that there are still guests who are unaware that Fastpass is available to everyone, for free? There certainly seems to be plenty who don't understand that, yet Fastpass has been advertised on all of those since 1999.

Heck, I know some travel agents that would tell you it's only included if you stay onsite, that you can buy extra days on your tickets instead of getting park hoppers, etc.

FP are not even close to Xpass in terms of importance for Disney. You really donot give Disney enough credit, do you. When time will come, I am sure our pets will know.

FP are not even close to Xpass in terms of importance for Disney. You really donot give Disney enough credit, do you. When time will come, I am sure our pets will know.

I am amused at the fact that you think I don't give Disney enough credit.

I seem to recall that I was the one saying xPASS/FP+ was coming sooner rather than later, so they could start seeing some sort of return on the investment, when others said there was no way.

However, Fastpass was CERTAINLY important when Disney introduced it. And at the time, they saw $$$ - from guests spending times in shops and restaurants instead of standing in long lines. Didn't really work that way, but they certainly advertised it a lot.

Now, if you are staying on site, I'll bet all the CMs will be talking it up...especially if they are trying to upsell an added charge...but that still doesn't mean that everyone will know what it is. It just isn't going to happen. Disney CANNOT make 100% understand it.

I am hoping to get to try in this week when I get there. Please post if you get picked to try.

I am amused at the fact that you think I don't give Disney enough credit.

I seem to recall that I was the one saying xPASS/FP+ was coming sooner rather than later, so they could start seeing some sort of return on the investment, when others said there was no way.

However, Fastpass was CERTAINLY important when Disney introduced it. And at the time, they saw $$$ - from guests spending times in shops and restaurants instead of standing in long lines. Didn't really work that way, but they certainly advertised it a lot.

Now, if you are staying on site, I'll bet all the CMs will be talking it up...especially if they are trying to upsell an added charge...but that still doesn't mean that everyone will know what it is. It just isn't going to happen. Disney CANNOT make 100% understand it.

So? What if it is %99.99?;)
FP had a potential to earn more money, Xpass may be paid to begin with, big difference.

Heheh, hang on there. The only way Disney actually promoted late use of Fast Pass was the occasional CM announcing directly to crowds that it was allowed. It wasn't on the machines, it wasn't in the park guides, it wasn't on the tickets. To most people it DID seem like it wouldn't be accepted, and a lot of people don't like to ask for rules to be bent for them. I'm not making the argument that a late return WAS bending the rule, just that that's the way it appeared to a lot of people because it wasn't well publicized.

The fact that there were so many (and CONTINUE to be, astonishingly) debates about the legitimacy of late fast pass use is a testament to the fact that it was an oddly kept secret.

By contrast we can almost bet FP+ will be actively promoted in literature, when making reservations, on the Disney website, planning DVDs, etc etc. Disney hasn't spent the massive amounts of money on this project to not promote the heck out of it.

Will every single last person know about it? Or know how to use it most effectively? No. But compared to late fast pass returns? It won't even compare.

I'm not really intending to defend FP+ mind you - I don't like it for a whole set of other reasons, but I do honestly believe far more people will be illuminated on the subject, than they were late fast pass use.

So? What if it is %99.99?;)
FP had a potential to earn more money, Xpass may be paid to begin with, big difference.

The key word is may. We still don't know. Even Jim Hill has flip-flopped on it. If they charge for it, they are certainly hoping for a certain number sold per day. Or if it is free to resort guests, they are hoping to fill X more rooms per day. But that can still backfire.

The key word is may. We still don't know. Even Jim Hill has flip-flopped on it. If they charge for it, they are certainly hoping for a certain number sold per day. Or if it is free to resort guests, they are hoping to fill X more rooms per day. But that can still backfire.

And this is why we have no choice but to wait, (although it is so much fun to speculate;)) but FP never had same potential to begin with. Xpass is only a part of NextGen, there is much more and I highly doubt they invested in nothing.
Unlike many, I believe that Iger worth every $ and so far I see very good decisions from him, business wise, even if as a customer I do not like them.

Ok I just have a little suggestion here regarding all the people who don't want to stand around and wait for 1. fastpass to become valid and 2. feel that fastpass+ is going to make there wait for a ride unbearable.
1. Lets say you get a fastpass for Space Mountain at 10 am. It says comeback at 11am. Only 1 hour (or 1-2 hours to waste). Go do something else. there are at least 5 rides in that area that are only 5-10 min walk and then tons of shops that you can browse through. Your not waiting for the ride your still touring the park in sections.
2. If i choose to "book" my ride months in advance, or i get to the park and grab a fastpass before you do. Your still tecnically behind me in ride time. It may change the wait by 5 min or so (maybe). But really If you are just gonna wait in lines and not use fastpass or fastpass+ because you dont want to plan, why should i be told it is wrong of me to want this because i want to plan.

By the way just so you know alot of you are saying, people wont know, first timers will be lost. I have only been to the parks once, last July the last week in July peak season. I had a party of 12 people with me 2(4yr olds), a 9 yr old 11yr old and 3 teens. plus my older parents. We did everyride. Almost all the shows and a character meal everynight. It just takes planning. We were only there 5 nights. Disney is what you make of it. You choose your vacation. Stop downing how i choose to have mine.

I think it's ridiculous to worry about whether a system they haven't even announced how will work yet is "unfair". Is it WDW resort guests only? Deluxe guests only? Platinum Premium Disney Dining Plan only?

Who knows. Worry about it once we know.

Well, according to the other thread they're picking people using surveys at the airport boarding Magical Express.

And they're already far enough out to be scheduling Friday. You apparently get to pick 4 rides and then Disney assigns you time slots with 1 hour window for each ride, you have no say in the time slots or order or anything - just that it's the day you're gonna be in the park.

Well, according to the other thread they're picking people using surveys at the airport boarding Magical Express.

And they're already far enough out to be scheduling Friday. You apparently get to pick 4 rides and then Disney assigns you time slots with 1 hour window for each ride, you have no say in the time slots or order or anything - just that it's the day you're gonna be in the park.

Though keep in mind, it's only a test. So if in the future they actually implement a FP reservation system, there's likely to be a lot more flexibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter