Fastpass for TSM

eeyore81

DIS Veteran
We plan on being at the park at opening. Should we get a FP for TSM and then get in the standby line or ride first and then get a FP. Just trying to get our strategy. If it matters we will be there on 11/18.

Sometimes it takes 20 minutes to stand in line and get a Fast Pass for TSM. A CM told us, he can't believe the amount of people that will stand in line for a Fast Pass in the morning, when they could be on the ride. I would say, go do the ride, then go get a Fast Pass.

1-Ride
2-FP

DHS-EntranceRope-050808.jpg

DHS-Gates2TSMM_BE_092208.jpg

We plan on being at the park at opening. Should we get a FP for TSM and then get in the standby line or ride first and then get a FP. Just trying to get our strategy. If it matters we will be there on 11/18.
Different Guests prefer different strategies.:) It just depends on if you prefer a shorter Standby Line wait/longer FASTPASS return time OR a longer Standby Line wait/shorter FASTPASS return time.I prefer the shorter Standby Line/longer FASTPASS return time option.:)

It also really depends on how fast you (or your designated fast-walker) can get to that Fastpass line...DH managed to be about #5 in the Fastpass line in September, so by the time I got to the stand-by line (I'm the slower walker) he already had our fastpasses AND we could do the stand-by in less than 10 minutes.

By the time we came out both the stand-by and the fastpass machines had long lines.

I do the FastPass first - that way I can get the next FastPass sooner...always thinking ahead.

I do the FastPass first - that way I can get the next FastPass sooner...always thinking ahead.

The problem is (and what this thread is really about) is that while you are standing in the FP line early-on... literally HUNDREDS of guests can flood past into the Standby line ahead of you. This can add a lot of wait time for your first TSM ride.

If you get a FP after the first ride, any extra time that you have to wait for the return window to come due you can spend doing other things in the park.

But that's just another option.

I agree check fastpass line. It took me only about 5 minutes to get fastpass, then we rode standby line (listed as 20 minutes) last week.

No matter which way you do it - make sure you don't get in the fast pass line behind a tour guide who is getting fast passes for about a zillion people!!!! When we were in the FP line and we got stuck behind a tour guide who I think was getting FPs for all of Brazil - as my husband said "she got a Brazillion of them".

No matter which way you do it - make sure you don't get in the fast pass line behind a tour guide who is getting fast passes for about a zillion people!!!! When we were in the FP line and we got stuck behind a tour guide who I think was getting FPs for all of Brazil - as my husband said "she got a Brazillion of them".

That's always a possibility.

I just hate to see all of the guests who used to be standing BEHIND me at rope drop, now streaming by into the standby line ahead of me...
just because I stopped for a FP... something that I can get after my first ride.

I'm not telling you you HAVE to do it this way.
I'm explaining WHY I do it this way.

Works this way on Soarin' at Epcot and EE at DAK, too.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter